You learn something new everyday: what did you learn today?

Page 53 of 142 [ 2257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 142  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 12:05 am

the worst kind of chaos can live in stasis.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 12:45 am

Yup!

I learned that the worst people often get their comeuppance sooner than they and we think.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 1:26 am

I've learned that the comeuppance that most of the most evil people get, is in a higher court beyond human earthly purview.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 1:32 am

Yes.

I've learned that we will all get what we deserve, which is peace forever eventually, after we have paid for our sins. Sins are temporary, because pain is temorary. The good people we victimize will eventually get the good they deserve, so the bad will get the good they deserve too, because the pain they caused therefore didn't last forever.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 3:32 am

Still can't open a bottle.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 10:03 am

I learned that most religion and atheism makes no sense to me. I am very weird.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 11:20 am

I learned it's hard to get both clarity and freedom from harshness.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 11:21 am

I learned that loneliness sometimes comes back, and that I often want attention too much for my own good.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 7:20 pm

I learned about iotas and difference. :wink:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 7:32 pm

I learned that a baritone ukulele is somewhat easier to [learn to] play than a tenor guitar. :o

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 7:38 pm

I learned the name of Franz Ferdinand's assassin - Gavrilo Princip.
Courtesy of the lovely drunkards at the bar and not Google.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 8:06 pm

Cheetahs are actually timid animals, and when they catch their food they'll eat it as quickly as possible before a predator shows up and scares them away from their meal. Also the females are solitary except when they mate and have cubs, but the males, usually brothers, travel in small groups. And the black tear marks under their eyes aren't there because they're emo, it's to protect their eyes from the blazing African sun. :)

Just about everyone knows cheetahs are really fast, but there's a lot of other interesting things about them, too.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 8:12 pm

Cheetahs were domesticated 5000 years ago in Egypt, from what I have read. they are the most domesticable of the big cats.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 3:50 pm

^That's fascinating. I like learning about Egypt.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 8:28 pm

^^^you may be interested in a movie called Duma, about a young South African boy's friendship with an orphaned cheetah from a story by Carol Flint and Karen Janszen, set in the country of South Africa and based on the book, "How It Was with Dooms" by Carol Cawthra Hopcraft and Xan Hopcraft.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 4:42 pm

I learned some peculiar things about humanity: specifically, a family can quarrel and bicker and annoy each other to no end, but can also defend each other to the death.