You learn something new everyday: what did you learn today?

Page 63 of 142 [ 2257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 142  Next

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2018, 1:01 pm

That at this time of year I should expect for things I normally do or look forward to doing outside the house be cancelled due to the weather being bad about 3-4 times a week. :(

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2018, 1:22 pm

I learned that cats won't take 'No', 'Stop', or 'I want to sleep' for an answer.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2018, 4:20 pm

That some people should literally look before crossing a motorway, as if to avoid winding up becoming another statistical casualty

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2018, 7:27 pm

I learned that running around the house after eating is not a good idea.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 1:39 am

Oscar the Grouch on Sesame Street was inspired by a very rude and loud-mouthed waiter that worked at a place called Oscar's Tavern. Jim Henson actually found the waiter's grouchiness much more funny than annoying. In fact Jim started going to the tavern on a regular basis just to be "entertained" by him. :)

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 12:13 pm

been reading in attempt to figure out what this is, and bounce back... appears to be relentless focal seizures, and possibly broken rem sleep.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 4:59 pm

People have been shoplifting razor blades at the grocery store pharmacy, so now they've been selling them behind the registers.

I wonder if they meant the double-edged razor blades? And why would people be stealing them? 8O

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 6:41 pm

After 17 years of using a dinosaur age computer system (it's written in DOS!! !! Of course, it is a state computer system.) that when admitting a new client, we have to switch the community eligibility from N to Y in order for it to export to ibudget. How did I get through so many years of working with this and never hear of this before! 8O

smudgedhorizon
Toucan
Toucan

06 Feb 2018, 7:07 pm

That narcologist is the person who works with drug&alcohol abuse and my grandfather is one. That Japanese and Hebrew have same sounding words: shisha is feminine for six in Hebrew and branch office in Japanese.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 8:13 pm

As I was watching the biopic The Darkest Hour earlier today, the film revealed Winston Churchill had a very strange sense of humor. He used it to get British citizens to turn against the idea of negotiating peace talks with Germany.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 1:37 am

That if it wasn't for that "someone toucha my spaghett" meme, I may have never watched the cartoon that inspired it.

Memes are based on the weirdest things. Who decided some old cartoon where The Three Bears are Italian stereotypes should become an internet phenomenon? :?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 5:51 am

That Japanese gulch has a south trailhead.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 6:15 am

I learned what edgar cayce's voice sounded like.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 6:14 pm

Well, this wasn't today, but i had a nightmare a few days ago that my apartment was on fire and i couldn't get to my fire extinguisher. In that dream i used a spray flask (or whatever it is called in English) to put the fire out. Now, i went and bought two and filled them with water, they are accessible from the other side of the apartment so i could get out if it happens.

I tried them in the bathroom (obviously without the fire :roll:) and spraying with two on the shower wall like crazy will produce a very heavy misting definitely will put fire out. Not as good as a fire extinguisher but very efficient (I actually have fire suppression training with extinguishers).

This is what they look like, and they are a cheap life insurance:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 4:45 pm

Everything will be closed this Monday because it's "Family Day". I normally get my groceries on Monday and I have an eye appointment on Tuesday, so that complicates things somewhat. Maybe I'll stop and get groceries on the way home from the eye doctor and then call a cab. That will hopefully not take half an hour to show up like it did last Sunday! :evil:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 8:37 pm

I remembered how to make an origami figure during a meeting of my school's Japanese Club earlier today.