You learn something new everyday: what did you learn today?

Page 51 of 142 [ 2257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 142  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 3:10 pm

^That's...wow. 8O

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 5:25 pm

I've learned that it's a good idea to find out where something is sold around my town before I go out shopping for it.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 5:32 pm

People like to be a***holes because it makes them feel good about themselves.

And they can't see the futility in that.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 8:25 pm

there is all too much bad audio out there.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 9:44 am

It is better to say nothing at all than to judge someone.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 2:20 pm

alan parsons, Geoff emerick and Richard lush were all incredibly lucky sons of guns.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 6:21 pm

Deus ex Machina = from Medieval Morality plays.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 6:29 pm

I studied some constitutional and rule books for CIU to put some matters I was concerned about to rest.
I learned a lot about my rights as a Club employee today.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 6:31 pm

In his later years, Charles Darwin couldn't stand anything artistic--music or paintings or otherwise.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 6:12 pm

Linkara, the guy who reviews comic books that are (usually) really bad, once created a comic himself that was also really bad. He's not exactly proud of it, either.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 10:50 pm

I learned that a band I like, Set it Off, actually has a hand sign.

Before I saw it in a music video which was set in a church and I thought they were praying. :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 12:45 am

I learned that my present stereoization algorithm has some tonal flaws. Image

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 2:16 am

i found out that i'll probably have to take off the air filter and a couple of attached hoses (and their respective hose clamps with screws) to be able to reach the fuel filter, if i want to change it.

it's a banjo fitting style filter, and hose obstructions notwithstanding, removal/replacement seems simple enough. the real problem i have is relieving the fuel system of pressure, and i can't do the fuel pump fuse removal trick, because the ump doesn't seem to have its own fuse...

and avoiding leaks! using new crush washers, o rings...VERY important, as i have learned recently...

oh, and lots of little things about the female endocrine system and its intimacies. i read about them, at least.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 11:28 am

I learned that there are many, many manga/anime characters based on Rei from Neon.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 11:55 am

That giving two of your own cartoon characters the same first name when they are both in the same "universe" of characters without realizing makes you feel really stupid. Especially if you display the pictures of them on Facebook and had them up for over a week before you noticed. :oops:

I just deleted one of the pictures and now I'll have to rename the character that was in it. Finding good names for characters can be hard.

Oh, and the grasshopper mouse I mentioned earlier? They also kill and eat other mice. I always forget the best parts. :lol:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 6:07 pm

I learned more about Pokemon type advantages...even though I've been playing the games for nearly ten years now.