Page 3 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

neptunevsmars
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2006, 11:18 am

Aspie_Chav wrote:
I probably don’t look much like a stereotypical Aspie and I certainly don’t dress like one.

Isn't "stereotypical Aspie" an oxymoron? And if not, then how does one dress?

You got to ask for it

Photon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Mar 2006, 11:58 am

It seems very bizzare that a topic like this exists and perfectly mirrors myself.
I'm nearly six feet in height (no exact measurement) and I am 10 1/2 stone.
I would describe myself as skinny and perhaps underweight or below a average weight for a male of my height.
I have always had a thin body and I could never determine why, even though I have been known to eat unhealthy food at a binge quantity rate. :lol:

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2006, 12:51 pm

My height is 5'5'' (abt 163 cm) and my weight is vary between 53-54 kilo . so i am very thin i guess for my gender and for my height.
Is there any scientific study that show correlation between weight and autism??? or most of us here are skinny just by coincidence??

Sorce
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2006, 1:05 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
My height is 5'5'' (abt 163 cm) and my weight is vary between 53-54 kilo . so i am very thin i guess for my gender and for my height.
Is there any scientific study that show correlation between weight and autism??? or most of us here are skinny just by coincidence??

Higher limits of normal thyroid is why I'm skinny.

hellznrg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2006, 1:01 am

LePetitPrince wrote:

I'm like that too... even though i work out quite a lot, i don't put on any muscle...! my arms are very thin, but my legs develop normally... when you're about 28-30 ish, you'll notice your weight increasing... maybe... :)

i used to be 56 kilos with height 170 cms (5'7"?).. but now i'm like 69 kilos (gained all that weight in about 2 1/2 years

PeterMacKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2006, 9:56 am

I put on muscle extremely quickly with even moderate exercise, eat profusely, have about 5% bodyfat (17% is normal for males), am 177cm in height (5'10"), and weigh 76kg (167lbs) (gained 6kg of muscle since I started working out again a couple of weeks ago).

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2006, 12:18 pm

If i started doing weight trainning i'd be massive. When you put on alot of muscle though its very easy for it to convert back down to fat again, pretty much what happened to me after i stopped playing Rugby for my local team i developed a right beer belly after college, now i don't drink anymore i don't quite look as strangely out of proportion as i did when i stopped trainning. How William Shatner looks like now is a good example of that.

PeterMacKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2006, 12:37 pm

Maybe it's my age, but when I'm not training (and I've gone for periods of a year and more with very little in the way of exercise; sitting on a chair 14 hours a day and sleeping the rest sort of stuff), my hunger response very closely matches my metabolism as it decreases, so I just lose a little muscle mass (very slowly I might add), and I don't really put on any fat.

Possibly it's also that I don't have anything addictive in my diet for me to get cravings for (bread, milk, beer (kind of hard to get a beer gut without it) and so on), so I've no reason to overeat. The sort of stuff I eat is only really appealing if I'm actually hungry.