Autistic children subjected to bleach treatment??

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

B19
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2015, 5:47 pm

Is my eyesight now so bad that I misread the apparent claim that some parents are "curing" their children's autism with BLEACH? Did I imagine it? IF not, is it really true? Does anyone know about this?

It is referred to in this opinion piece about stupidity:

http://strangeringodzone.blogspot.co.nz ... m_campaign

FlyingSpaceKittie
Raven
Raven

27 Mar 2015, 5:51 pm

Oh my god I don't want to live on this planet anymore! Aliens take me away NOW!

B19
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2015, 5:57 pm

Apparently it is true. Forbes mentioned it in an article of the worst "cures" for autism. There is a link to the thread in the Activism forum in a topic I have just posted there. These parents need to be prosecuted for child abuse. Please lobby whoever you can lobby locally and further afield about this - it's dangerous and extremely harmful.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2015, 6:25 pm

This seems a topic that could be targeted for action on April 2nd, Autism Awareness Day.

Sample letter to protest about this to your House of Representatives:

http://www.bancdmms.com/#!sample-letter ... reps/c1waq

I wonder if Autism Speaks supports this terrible "cure".

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2015, 6:29 pm

Kerri Rivera is the public face of the "bleach enema therapy" "movement" that an ex Scientology member Jim Humble developed

Parents trying to reverse kids’ autism by ‘flushing out’ vaccines with bogus ‘miracle’ bleach enemas

Quote:
Other parents report that they are still continuing treatments despite extreme vomiting, kicking, and hysterics when enemas are being administered.

http://cdautism.org/
http://jimhumble.is/

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

B19
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2015, 7:57 pm

For me, this goes behind mere "stupid" or "ignorant"; evil seems a far more fitting word, even if some of these curebie parents are unconscious of the evil that they do.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2015, 8:22 pm

The AnMish always has an thoughtful take on things

I am glad this is "treatment" going viral. While I am often correctly labeled a pessimist I think the more publicity this gets the more public revulsion there will be and the better chance something will be done.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 1:32 am

And people wonder why I dislike the idea of a cure, as opposed to proper support/accomidations and treatments targeted at specific problems the individual has....not things that are just different, but problems. I don't like they idea of dangerous procedures being offered as 'the only way' to hopefully make ones child live a 'normal' life regardless of if that is the actual outcome...and thus far that seems to be what most 'cures' are.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 8:21 am

B19 wrote:
For me, this goes behind mere "stupid" or "ignorant"; evil seems a far more fitting word, even if some of these curebie parents are unconscious of the evil that they do.

I think what they are doing is a form of assault. They should face criminal prosecution for abusing their children. They should have to prove that they have reformed before they are allowed to care for children again.

This story upsets me more than I can say. I usually watch all of the AnMish videos, but I could not get past the moment in this one where she commented on the effects. It's too horrible.

If the punishment fit the crime, they would get the exactly the same treatment they force on their children, but it would be unethical to ask a prison medic or guard to do that to someone.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 1:10 pm

Adamantium wrote:
B19 wrote:

If the punishment fit the crime, they would get the exactly the same treatment they force on their children, but it would be unethical to ask a prison medic or guard to do that to someone.

There would be an uproar if it was revealed this was being done to prisoners at Guantanamo Bay.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 1:13 pm

I'm not sure about this but I think if you feed someone bleach there esophagus melt/swell whatever, wich would provoke heavy respiratory system damage, most likely leading to imminent death.

Last edited by DailyPoutine1 on 28 Mar 2015, 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 1:15 pm

DailyPoutine1 wrote:
You can't feed someone bleach without there esophagus melt/swell whatever, wich would provokeheavy respiratory system damage, most likely leading to imminent death. OP is transmitting fake information.

Why don't you do a little research before making a claim like this?

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 1:18 pm

Adamantium wrote:
DailyPoutine1 wrote:
You can't feed someone bleach without there esophagus melt/swell whatever, wich would provokeheavy respiratory system damage, most likely leading to imminent death. OP is transmitting fake information.

Better now scrub?

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 1:19 pm

DailyPoutine1 wrote:
Adamantium wrote:
DailyPoutine1 wrote:

Better now scrub?

I have no idea what you mean by that. But you are dead wrong about the OP. Look up MMS autism and then chlorine dioxide.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 1:21 pm

Adamantium wrote:
DailyPoutine1 wrote:
Adamantium wrote:
DailyPoutine1 wrote:

Better now scrub?

I have no idea what you mean by that. But you are dead wrong about the OP. Look up MMS autism and then chlorine dioxide.

I re-edited my post just for you and then you don't give a f*** :|

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

28 Mar 2015, 1:29 pm

I mean honestly I've seen the pictures and I almost have to believe this is a hoax, I can't believe anyone would be dumb enough to put bleach in theirs or their child's body for any reason let alone as a cure for Autism.