Robert F. Kennedy Jr. vaccine caused Autism is a holocaust

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 10:15 pm

Source: Sacramento Bee

Quote:
They get the shot, that night they have a fever of a hundred and three, they go to sleep, and three months later their brain is gone This is a holocaust, what this is doing to our country.

Spoken at a screening of a film linking vaccines with Autism

Having Jenny McCarthy thinking this way is one thing, having a prominent member of America's "Royal Family" thinking that way is really really bad. This language is worse than Autism Speaks, words I never though I would write.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 8:42 pm

He has apologized for using the word "holocaust".
Robert Kennedy Jr apologises for Holocaust reference in autism speech

Quote:
“I want to apologize to all whom I offended by my use of the word to describe the autism epidemic,” Kennedy said in a statement. “I employed the term during an impromptu speech as I struggled to find an expression to convey the catastrophic tragedy of autism which has now destroyed the lives of over 20 million children and shattered their families.”

Apology not accepted

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 11:09 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
He has apologized for using the word "holocaust".
Robert Kennedy Jr apologises for Holocaust reference in autism speech

Quote:
“I want to apologize to all whom I offended by my use of the word to describe the autism epidemic,” Kennedy said in a statement. “I employed the term during an impromptu speech as I struggled to find an expression to convey the catastrophic tragedy of autism which has now destroyed the lives of over 20 million children and shattered their families.”

Apology not accepted

I will never accept his apology, unless he stops calling us an epidemic. I think he wants a holocaust, so that he can wipe us out all acrossed the spectrum.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 11:13 pm

Sarah Palin got in trouble for calling the scurrilous accusations against her "blood libel", but "holocaust" is not a place any pol wants to go if they value their reputation/job. And on the eve of Yom HaShoah (Holocaust Rememberance Day) no less. RFK Jr. is in REALLY deep crap. The Kennedys have long had connections to Jewish elites, so they should know where the red lines are. In addition, he says that autism has "destroyed" our lives and "shattered" our families. Some Jews tend to have more favorable views of autism than Northern Europeans due to cultural differences, including autistics in orthodox kibbutzim in Israel being held in high esteem due to a special connection with G-d (or I should use the orthodox nomenclature, "HaShem"), so I hope that the Jews keep the pressure on this guy.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 7:18 am

Rabble

^blog post by Allison Garber^

Quote:
In fact, in your recent speech in Sacramento, you described autistic children's brains as being "gone." It would have been nice had you spoken to any actually autistic people before making these remarks, but I guess it's more convenient to your agenda to paint autism as the post-vaccine bogeyman who comes in the night to steal your children and ruin their lives.

...When you tell people that my son's brain is "gone," you make it impossible for them to accept him the way he is. You foster an environment where parents are afraid to let their neurotypical kids play with autistic peers. Your fearmongering means that employers will hesitate before hiring autistic adults. You frighten people with the idea that they may one day be parents to an autistic child.

It is disturbing that such a high profile politician would hold these views.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 10:22 pm

Robert Kennedy apology for autism holocaust blunder remains problematic - Autism Daily News

Quote:
David Perry from CNN contacted Ari Ne’eman, president of the Autistic Self-Advocacy Network, who wrote,
“Robert Kennedy Jr, who has engaged with autism only to spread lies, misinformation and dehumanizing rhetoric, has never meaningfully engaged in efforts to improve the lives of autistic Americans. While his father, uncle and many others in the Kennedy-Shriver family championed the rights of people with disabilities, he has instead cast his lot with those who use pseudo-science to question our humanity.”
Autism activists were outraged and took to Twitter to complain. Amy Sequenzia another autism activist retweeted Ne’eman,
ari neeman normal Robert Kennedy apology for autism holocaust blunder remains problematicAri Ne’eman @aneeman
I don’t think apology means what you think it means, @RobertKennedyJr

9tTgLi1y normal Robert Kennedy apology for autism holocaust blunder remains problematicJennifer Muzquiz @readysteadystop · Apr 15
.@RobertKennedyJr You owe autistic people a REAL apology. Not apologizing for slapping us with your right hand while slapping again w/ left.