Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 2:03 pm

Is this a paranoid tendency?

ImNOTBatman
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Apr 2015, 2:52 pm

I sometimes think the same thing. I then think I'm a bit paranoid too... I just try not to think too much. :)

Wadotron
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Apr 2015, 3:09 pm

I had a full tilt nervous breakdown a decade ago, even though no professional would ever use words like that... but I had severe delusions last for MONTHS afterwards... I thought everyone could hear my thoughts and each others and it caused me to freak out more when I couldn't tell what they were thinking... and for the past decade I've been on and off of all sorts of meds... I've found a few would work but I call them 'zombie' pills...

but eventually the delusions finally went away... I had other ones that even took me further down the rabbit hole... I thought everyone on TV was also talking to me and I also found secret messages in every thing like product packaging to overheard convo's in public... cuz everyone was speaking with 'code words' ... also unjust paranoia like someone(s) out to get me in always escalating ways

I'm also very new to this forum and it is mindboggling to me and overwhelming... so need to look around and at forum rules before I say anything about my opinions on certain meds and how they were for me... :mrgreen:

pinkmoon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Apr 2015, 7:46 pm

I had a similar experience during my teens. Looking back on it I think it may have to do with a lack of social awareness. For example, I would think it very suspicious how people would often pick up on things I was thinking without me explicitly telling them - the most direct conclusion being that they could hear my thoughts, when in fact I was just not aware of how much communication goes on non-verbally. Constantly missing such implicit communication led me to think I was paranoid.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2015, 9:47 pm

I think it's called thought broadcasting. It's related to the phenomenon known as Gedankenlautwerden.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Apr 2015, 10:21 pm

I was worried people could sometimes when I had a mental-breakdown & was suffering from a psychotic depression.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 2:41 pm

Sometimes having people hear your thoughts make more better connections, then talking them out you know.

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 2:55 pm

I feel if you really think that you are suffering from delusions. It is impossible for someone else to read your mind

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 3:24 pm

Aspinator wrote:
I feel if you really think that you are suffering from delusions. It is impossible for someone else to read your mind

OK if you say its suffering than its clear its based on how your mind Is really thinking.

AKAnnieDreaD
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Sep 2015, 3:10 pm

I've learned through my life that with some strengths there are weakness's. Evolution is a small process, and experiance=understanding. I to have had delusions (fantasies that could be real), herd people's thoughts, and induce energy to provoke a certain behavior. We are all on this planet to learn from one another.

I have been on a lot of meds for years at a time, but one thing is true, when I am off my meds my logic isn't balanced, or in other words, I make irrational dessions.

I was into Buddhism when I was aligning my spirit, soul, heart, and mind. That is when I started hearing people's thoughts for real. Not only was I hearing people's thoughts, but I thought people would sense my presence. I was in people's minds.

Ben_Is_My_Only_God
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Sep 2015, 4:55 pm

I sometimes think that other people can "hear" my thoughts but then sometimes I'm unsure whether I simply thought something or whether I actually spoke it out loud, so perhaps that uncertainty is at the root of the confusion.

345 is a nice number on which to end.

Bimog And The Search For Pangea

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2015, 9:10 pm

@OP This sounds more anxious than paranoid.

I have a tendency to willfully talk to people through my thoughts. Leads to problems in communication.

marcb0t
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2015, 1:13 am

Yeah, it was me. I read your thoughts a couple of times in the last week. What can I say. Was getting bored. Didn't find much interesting there. :P

Jk

Actually, I used to be paranoid of this myself when I had my obsession with Tails when I was 10 years old. I was paranoid that people would see my fantasy stories in my head, and that I would actually grow 2 cute fluffy fox tails from my behind exposing my inner obsession to everyone... Oh no! 8O

I know I've mentioned this before. Sometimes I actually wish I could grow 2 tails and fly away from stressful situations. :P

I'm not afraid of people reading my thoughts anymore. Actually, sometimes I think I accidently do read other people's thoughts. So many strange coincidences happen a little too often.

AKAnnieDreaD
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Sep 2015, 6:55 pm

It is strange hearing other people's thoughts. It started off with boyfriends, than friends, and strangers. The most amazing part was that I learned a lot about life. Now seeing how I responded, I know I gained a lot, and lost a lot. Not everyone would respond the same you know.

I am currently maintaining the voices in my head with medication. This satellite in the web of the universe has some major receptors. Gotta fade it out.

RhodyStruggle
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2015, 9:38 pm

I do not think it is very likely that other people can read my thoughts. But whenever I am in public I exercise great discipline to not even think thoughts that might "get me in trouble" just in case I'm wrong.

I'm not a professional, but I think that the dividing line between anxiety and delusion with respect to this topic is: if you're sure that others can hear your thoughts, it's delusion; if you're concerned over the possibility thereof, it's anxiety.

A burden discerned in the blood you taste

marcb0t
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2015, 9:43 pm

RhodyStruggle wrote:
I do not think it is very likely that other people can read my thoughts. But whenever I am in public I exercise great discipline to not even think thoughts that might "get me in trouble" just in case I'm wrong.

I'm not a professional, but I think that the dividing line between anxiety and delusion with respect to this topic is: if you're sure that others can hear your thoughts, it's delusion; if you're concerned over the possibility thereof, it's anxiety.

Well, then that would be anxiety for when I was younger. I don't think that other people are able to read my thoughts, or see into my mind... actually, I think people generally don't care, and are especially shallow these days.

I would not want to read other people's minds anyway because I think I would find the same garbage I see on TV, just a lot more exaggerated, muddled, and messy! :P

My own mind is enough of a messy burden as it is! :wink:

Alright... you asked for it: