Stood up for myself against the game players!

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2015, 9:37 pm

This marks a triumph and a defeat simultaneously. I managed to break my rut, going on five dates with one woman! I'd never made it past three. Things were going great, I was seeing her every weekend and then all of a sudden...silence. She quits responding to my messages four days ago. Nothing. She must've had a change of heart.

The one thing I cannot abide is lack of communication. It is utterly cowardly to simply be silent. All deserve honesty. I would've understood if she had a change of heart or found someone else. I was at least owed that much...not just rude silence.

So I sent her a final message saying that I was disappointed in her silence, and expected better, expected the courtesy at least of a goodbye. Of course the coward hasn't even responded to that.

To hell with her. To hell with all liars and people who think the best way to let someone off is to give the silent treatment. It's her loss, and now I move on, and keep looking for someone who will won't play games and who will be respectful of others. Frankly I can tell I dodged a bullet...no way I would want to waste another minute with someone like her. Rotten!

Antharis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Apr 2015, 2:07 am

More power to you.
Aspies suck at socials.
NTs suck at honesty.

It's a tradeoff.

Diningroom
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Apr 2015, 7:58 am

Brianruns10 wrote:
This marks a triumph and a defeat simultaneously. I managed to break my rut, going on five dates with one woman! I'd never made it past three. Things were going great, I was seeing her every weekend and then all of a sudden...silence. She quits responding to my messages four days ago. Nothing. She must've had a change of heart.

The one thing I cannot abide is lack of communication. It is utterly cowardly to simply be silent. All deserve honesty. I would've understood if she had a change of heart or found someone else. I was at least owed that much...not just rude silence.

So I sent her a final message saying that I was disappointed in her silence, and expected better, expected the courtesy at least of a goodbye. Of course the coward hasn't even responded to that.

To hell with her. To hell with all liars and people who think the best way to let someone off is to give the silent treatment. It's her loss, and now I move on, and keep looking for someone who will won't play games and who will be respectful of others. Frankly I can tell I dodged a bullet...no way I would want to waste another minute with someone like her. Rotten!

Four days. Four. Days. Bit soon to freak out and leave angry, over-entitled messages for her, non? It's within the realm of possibility that she got the flu or was swamped at work and fully intended to call you back. That nothing was actually wrong -- til you inadvertently wrecked it.

The level of anger / outrage you have for a girl you barely knew (had you discussed dating exclusive? Had she agreed to it?), who from the sounds of it wasn't even officially your girlfriend is honestly a bit scary -- and leaps right off the page.

How exactly did this girl lie? What, exactly, were you hoping to accomplish by sending her a 1950s-dad-like message berating her for the "crime" of failing to return your call in a timely manner?!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 8:05 am

Ok brian....So what do you want from us? A stood up crowd applause?

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 8:26 am

I think the OP is probably right. I always let guys go when they never contact me in any way (even just to say "sorry, too busy, will talk later) for 3 days or longer. In my experience the people who stop contact without any explanation will either:

1. never contact me again, or
2. contact me again weeks or months later to try to pick up where they left off.

Also, in my own experience, people will continue to do whatever they've done before. If they get too busy to even send the shortest message one time, they will continue to do it again and again. Let me put it this way: people have the right to go silent and stop responding to me, and I have the right to no longer be involved with them.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 2:20 pm

Am I the only none rude person on the planet? i had the flu, i went to work day one, i still called in sick other days, ..

you saying that you can call and talk to someone but can't send a message to another saying you are sick. most people aren't in some comma with the flu, they lay in bed play games, watch tv, surf the net etc.

MollyTroubletail

so true. I was talking to one girl and tried to talk about similar interest, you know trying to bond isnt that the point of dating? anyways shes not replied for a week now. I don't see her ever replying. like the other 500+ girls. they just drop communication and move on to the next better guy.

so guys do this too?

1df5e76
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Apr 2015, 2:36 pm

Diningroom wrote:
Four days. Four. Days. Bit soon to freak out and leave angry, over-entitled messages for her, non? It's within the realm of possibility that she got the flu or was swamped at work and fully intended to call you back. That nothing was actually wrong -- til you inadvertently wrecked it.

I strongly doubt that. Sadly, fading is the preferred way of rejecting people these days. It's no loss if it wasn't a fade anyway though. Who wants to date someone who's going to disappear for days without saying anything?
MollyTroubletail wrote:
Also, in my own experience, people will continue to do whatever they've done before.

QFT.

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 2:42 pm

> So do guys do this too?

I've been dating on and off since 1998 and in my experience males and females do this about the same amount to each other. Meaning, both genders do it a lot.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Apr 2015, 3:02 pm

Diningroom wrote:
Brianruns10 wrote:

The level of anger / outrage you have for a girl you barely knew (had you discussed dating exclusive? Had she agreed to it?), who from the sounds of it wasn't even officially your girlfriend is honestly a bit scary -- and leaps right off the page.

How exactly did this girl lie? What, exactly, were you hoping to accomplish by sending her a 1950s-dad-like message berating her for the "crime" of failing to return your call in a timely manner?!

She didn't lie to him, she ghosted him. And if she was swamped at work, or ill, but still interested she would've called him or txtd him back. So no, he did not "inadvertently wreck" things whatsoever. There was nothing there to begin with. She wasn't interested in dating him any longer which is her right.

He did the right thing by telling her piss off which helps bring closure. It would be courteous to send him a polite rejection/goodbye txt but decency and discipline has gone by the wayside in today's society where people are pretty much utility maximizers. At least he's not butthurt about it!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 3:14 pm

In my experience a 4 days of non-response means it's the end, but accidents and sickness may happen - so I would leave something like 'hope you're ok, talk to me when you can' as a last shot.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 3:24 pm

I think the message was too strong a reaction. I agree with Boo...a milder more questioning tone would be better. If something was up, this would give her a chance to express herself. The message you sent doesn't really warrant a response.

1df5e76

15 Apr 2015, 4:01 pm

androbot01 wrote:
I think the message was too strong a reaction. I agree with Boo...a milder more questioning tone would be better. If something was up, this would give her a chance to express herself. The message you sent doesn't really warrant a response.

It would make absolutely no difference.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 4:03 pm

1df5e76 wrote:
androbot01 wrote:

How do you know that, though?

1df5e76

15 Apr 2015, 4:27 pm

androbot01 wrote:
1df5e76 wrote:
androbot01 wrote:

How do you know that, though?

If someone ignores you for four days, chances are very good that they are not interested.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 4:31 pm

1df5e76 wrote:
If someone ignores you for four days, chances are very good that they are not interested.

It depends. If you had regular contact like in this case, it probably means she has lost interest. However, in other contexts, not having contact for months might not mean anything at all.

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 5:22 pm

brian, sounds like you need someone who is blunt. I am the same way. other people see being honest as being rude. they prefer to communicate indirectly by dropping hints. I agree with you. she wasn't a good match. I also know how infuriating it is to be ignored and not know why. Maybe it is an aspie thing, but I need clear communication, not hints.