If you're 27 and never had a girlfriend, is it too late?

Page 48 of 52 [ 824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2015, 12:19 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Hey Sly,

Don't you see--this Pillow person is obviously somebody with an axe to grind--toward him/herself! Perhaps this is a guy in a basement who doesn't feel too good about that fact that he's in a basement.

Just ignore him/her. Really. It's no use responding to him/her.

It's all just WORDS, anyway, Sly.

Most of what she says is not wrong though.

Robert312
Toucan
Toucan

26 Aug 2015, 12:37 pm

I go to meetings of a discussion group. There is a hot 61 year old woman who comes to the meetings. There is some chemistry between us. The last meeting I went to she sat next to me. I remembered things about her from previous meetings. So I asked her about her cats, her writing, and her firefighting job. See I wasn't just talking about myself. At the end of the dinner she hugged me. I had achieved hug status! I am not sure if she is single. She textes with someone on her phone. She works with firemen and as I said, she is hot. Likelihood of not having a significant other almost nil. But; 1. Older women can be hotties!, 2. I am not repulsive to women (Mainly because I think positive.) 3. I will be found attractive to women who are available. 4. Just because one particular woman does not end up being a girlfriend doesn't mean I am a failure. You should enjoy the steps along the way and the people you meet.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2015, 3:37 pm

Yes, there are people who need to get off their butts. I, for one, need a good kick now and again.

But berating people, without offering constructive solutions, is really not the way to go.

It's to encourage them. Provide something constructive for them to do/think about. Accentuate the positive; Screw the negative.

Offer solutions, rather than just hot air.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2015, 3:52 pm

I've met PLENTY of older women who are hotties.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2015, 6:06 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Yes, there are people who need to get off their butts. I, for one, need a good kick now and again.

But berating people, without offering constructive solutions, is really not the way to go.

It's to encourage them. Provide something constructive for them to do/think about. Accentuate the positive; Screw the negative.

Offer solutions, rather than just hot air.

Yes, but when someone refuses all help and keeps and keeps being self-indulgent and saying that they are good and the rest of the world is bad, it kind of becomes annoying. I don't really blame her for getting upset.
But on one thing she is wrong, it isn't true that you need to leave your parents' house, have an interest/aim (beyond viodegames and comics...) in your life and be able to earn your living. Sure these things help a lot, but I don't think it's that, many people have GFs and they lack these things. I think it's more about being able to interact with people, get friends and stuff like that.

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2015, 6:15 pm

I am 24 and half. Never dated nor had sex. Being an aspie guy is just pure bad luck for myself because women sees me like a freak. I have no idea why I am saying this I am being freak. I thought I am attractive, because I am postgraduate student, internship, job opportunities, family, friends, $$, studio apartment, luxury car, been traveling and so on. But what lefts is no relationship nor sex experience. Maybe I am slightly bothered because of my age.

I know lots of people including my friends especially that younger than me already had both experiences. That bothered me, because it makes me feel like less of a man.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2015, 7:19 pm

If somebody asks, just say you're "looking for the right girl."

You know what? It's possible you just might be "looking for the right girl," subconsciously.

Astro77
Raven
Raven

26 Aug 2015, 7:34 pm

Ecomatt91 wrote:
I am 24 and half. Never dated nor had sex. Being an aspie guy is just pure bad luck for myself because women sees me like a freak. I have no idea why I am saying this I am being freak. I thought I am attractive, because I am postgraduate student, internship, job opportunities, family, friends, $$, studio apartment, luxury car, been traveling and so on. But what lefts is no relationship nor sex experience. Maybe I am slightly bothered because of my age.

I know lots of people including my friends especially that younger than me already had both experiences. That bothered me, because it makes me feel like less of a man.

I understand how you feel. I got my first girlfriend and lost my virginity at 20. Before that happened I felt ashamed about who I was. I do appreciate experiencing those things, but neither made me feel like a man all of a sudden. You seem to be successful, have some good relationships and an understanding of what you want to do with your life. Maybe those aren't "manly" traits, but they are desirable to have.

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2015, 9:23 pm

I feel more appreciated or being comfortable with especially in social situations. So for relationships and sex I see as more of a mutual thing, that makes me feel more accepted by its nature. Without it, especially my experience right now I don't feel any women accept who I am or appreciate for the environment.

Carlee
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Aug 2015, 9:27 am

Ecomatt91 wrote:

Whatever you are presently doing in an attempt to get dates has clearly failed miserably. Have you considered a different approach?

Like, asking a trusted friend or two what they think you are doing wrong; accepting the criticism as constructive, and; making reasonable changes (if warranted) as a result.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2015, 11:10 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

My Fiancee is almost 40 and EVERYONE comments on how drop dead gorgeous she is. She even gets IDed all the time, usually with the security guard making a comment on how amazing she looks. One female even said "You have GOT to tell me your secret, you look under 25!" to her.

All I can suggest without knowing you personally is that almost all women aren't attracted to passive guys (like many fellow Aspies can be) just like most men are not attracted to tough, tomboy looking women. Fair? Maybe not but it's a fact of life. I'm not going to go into detail outside of the adult forum but every woman I was with fell for me once I started being dominant (NOT aggressive).

Carlee
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Aug 2015, 6:10 pm

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

My Fiancee is almost 40 and EVERYONE comments on how drop dead gorgeous she is. She even gets IDed all the time, usually with the security guard making a comment on how amazing she looks. One female even said "You have GOT to tell me your secret, you look under 25!" to her.

All I can suggest without knowing you personally is that almost all women aren't attracted to passive guys (like many fellow Aspies can be) just like most men are not attracted to tough, tomboy looking women. Fair? Maybe not but it's a fact of life. I'm not going to go into detail outside of the adult forum but every woman I was with fell for me once I started being dominant (NOT aggressive).

If you're into playing games, you'll do well with women into playing games.

I don't do games.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2015, 6:34 pm

That's a total non-sequitor.

What do our posts have to do with "playing games"?

Carlee
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Aug 2015, 9:17 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

The thing about "being dominant not aggressive" towards women somehow resulted in women flocking to you. You took to playing a game, resulting in game-loving girls interest in you.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2015, 6:31 am

Carlee wrote:
The thing about "being dominant not aggressive" towards women somehow resulted in women flocking to you. You took to playing a game, resulting in game-loving girls interest in you.

I get what you are saying but I would not call it a 'game' so much as being more forceful with my personality. After rejection after rejection, any sane person is going to tweak their approach and this has nothing to do with playing any games.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2015, 7:06 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

That's because you are a man, and by default you play games and you feel ENTITLED to sex from women - you are not entitled to sex and women don't owe you sex if you are repulsive, disgusting and a bag of feces hence probably why women run away from you!!

/kaytekate style