Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 May 2015, 3:13 pm

used to. still take adhd meds.

PrettyBoy999
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Jun 2015, 4:28 pm

they put me on ADHD meds but they took me off because I had a high blood pressure attack in school which was one of the side effects

the-comander
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Jun 2015, 6:24 pm

PrettyBoy999 wrote:
they put me on ADHD meds but they took me off because I had a high blood pressure attack in school which was one of the side effects

you alright?

Hypnotized
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jun 2015, 2:15 am

I don't take any meds, but I definitely could use some meds that'd keep my mind shut for a while. Sometimes I'm on the verge of freaking out because I Always have to think, overthink and then throw in some imagination. It's not like my situation is that unusual, but it would be nice to be able to relax from time to time.

WyoViking
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Oct 2015, 6:51 am

My Doctor just put me on Adderall after Strattera stopped working for my ADHD. It's, eh, it's only one a day at 30mg. Which doesn't really get me all the way though work, but I guess I need to wait a month for it to "fail" before my insurance will pay for the time release version.

I'm huge into Military history and PC gaming, I also hike a lot.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2015, 11:44 pm

Piles of them for sleep and clonazepam occasionally for anxiety

Amitriptyline
Seroquel
Zopiclone
L-theniane
Hydroxyzine
Gabapentin
Melatonin
sometimes Valerian and Remeron

I know that some are antidepressants or antipsychotics but they do nothing for anxiety, nor depression and I am not psychotic nor have I ever been. Everything is for sleep. I get tolerant to everything sedating that I take. Since doctors never address any underlying causes, and just continue to throw only meds at the problem, the number I take will probably only grow.

WolfClaw99
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Oct 2015, 2:17 am

Nah.

I haven't really taken any prescribed meds in 3-4 years which was 54mg Concerta, and Ritalin.

From time to time I have to take some meds for allergies or headaches, because it is sometimes terrible being in the San Joaquin Valley in Central California....

WyoViking
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Nov 2015, 5:01 pm

WyoViking wrote:
My Doctor just put me on Adderall after Strattera stopped working for my ADHD. It's, eh, it's only one a day at 30mg. Which doesn't really get me all the way though work, but I guess I need to wait a month for it to "fail" before my insurance will pay for the time release version.

Here's an update, so I was put on 1 30mg adderall XR in the morning, and 1 10gm adderall at 1pm. The XR is a little slow to take effect, and wears out slowly (why I take an afternoon pill). It helps out great, the only issue is that it's really effected my sleep.

I'm huge into Military history and PC gaming, I also hike a lot.

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2015, 8:26 am

Yes, I have trouble with emotional regulation (probably from ASD). In addition, I have anxiety and depression.

I take:
Seroquel (weaning off)
Geodon
Lamictal ER
Prozac
Valium (as needed)
Tirosint (for thyroid condition)

I am also starting birth control to help with PCOS and emotional regulation.

My meds certainly help me, but I still have issues.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2015, 9:00 am

No. I'm lucky if I remember to take my vitamins.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

rdiotuner
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Dec 2015, 12:27 am

I currently take zoloft for anxiety and depression and its awful for me personally, it makes me 10x more irritable and susceptible to sensory meltdown, and before this i was on prozac, which was slightly better but not a good fit either

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2015, 4:06 am

rdiotuner wrote:
I currently take zoloft for anxiety and depression and its awful for me personally, it makes me 10x more irritable and susceptible to sensory meltdown, and before this i was on prozac, which was slightly better but not a good fit either

My experience with Zoloft was exactly the same as you. Fortunately I never took Prozac.

Rockymtchris
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Dec 2015, 4:33 am

I'm currantly on:
Norvasc-for recently discovered cardiac issue
Lisinopril-for blood pressure
Simvastatin-for cholesterol
Pantoprazole-for Esophagitis/GERD issues
OTC Benadryl-for allergies
Chewable orange low-dose Aspirin
Krill oil supplement

I won't take "mind meds" anymore since bad experiences with Moban and Thorazine. One made me hallucinate and the other compleatly "snowed" me. Nowdays I feel alcohol does better for me (in moderation).

mindpalaces
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2016, 5:18 pm

Citalopram for depression, I didn't think it was working until I stopped, then I realised how much I really needed it

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2016, 7:44 pm

mindpalaces wrote:
Citalopram for depression, I didn't think it was working until I stopped, then I realised how much I really needed it

I know that feeling. I've been hit hard by Zoloft withdrawals. I was switched to Wellbutrin a few days ago and it's not quite the same.

Ishi2
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2016, 7:57 pm

I take Synthroid 50mcg for my hypothyroidism. I couldn't live without it. I don't mean that I'd literally die, but I wouldn't have the energy for much of anything. I'd just be in bed all the time. I don't like feeling exhausted, drained and tired all the time so I figure I'd better take it.