Girls- what do you find most attractive/sexy in a guy?

Page 5 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Vintagegirl
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jan 2013, 1:55 pm

A guy with a heart of gold :)

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2013, 5:18 pm

As far as physical attraction goes long, straight hair and medium height. Not too tall, too short.

As far as "sexiness" goes, I'll save that for the Adult forum.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2013, 7:55 pm

lonelyLady wrote:
if you can also solve hard math problems or write computer programs and/or fix things around the house, you are my ideal man. the post below sums up what I'm looking for in man fairly well. I have just a few qualities to add to the list:
-treats me like HUMAN BEING. i.e., understands that women are HUMAN. they are not brainless pathetic creatures who need to be saved. they are not b*****s who need to be abused and controlled. they are human, they have emotions, thoughts, etc. I want someone who'll be interested in getting to know me as a human being, who would listen to what I am saying. likewise, I also want to be engaged and challenged intellectually.
-likes warm temperatures. I hate those men who set their thermostat to 60 degrees in the winter and make their wives and children freeze. 75-80 degrees is my comfort zone

I am really turned on by men with nerdy tendencies. It's so arousing to see a man who is completely absorbed in writing a computer program or solving a complicated math problem. it's also very charming to see a cute, very smart nerd who is insecure and doesn't realize how much I want him. I like to take the first step when it comes to sex; I hate feeling pressured and I like to do things at my pace.

appearance, by itself, doesn't matter to me. I dated a very good-looking guy by the societal standards once, and it was annoying because he was obsessed about his look. all the other guys I was in love with were perhaps unattractive by our society's standards, but they were attractive to ME because of their personal qualities.

Lobber wrote:
As a man, I am curious how I stack up to some of these qualifiers. Of course, I'm not hitting on you at all, just curious as to how well I stand next to others in the scheme of things:

There's not one thing - it's a package. I guess the Must Haves to be remotely attractive are:

~a significant amount of raw intelligence ("educated" or "uneducated" really doesn't matter)

I've always been told by others how intelligent I am. I've even taken one of those silly online tests that measures your IQ, and the results it came back with was 138. It called me a "facts curator," and compared me to Bill Gates. My father is an intellectual, and so I assume I picked up his intelligence through genetics heritage, and creativity came from my mothers side.

~an overabundance of common sense, and control over it

Yep, got that too. I drive very safely, somewhat passively, and are very forgiving of other drivers.

~a kind and quiet nature

People would define me as very shy. I am introverted, and I care a great deal about others feelings. Empathic to an extreme almost, I find myself breaking down in tears whenever I hear very strong sad emotions in others voices or when they cry. I cannot stop my own reactions, I used to be able to filter them, but not anymore.

~a healthy sense of humor (any variety)

People would call my sense of humor weird. To this day, I can recall something funny that I read or saw or heard decades before, and laugh as loud and hard as if it were told anew. I love puns, wordplay, and Garfield.

~a sense of wonder that still is intact, even after all that

That's one thing I've always refused to give up, my sense of wonderment about the world. I still stare at awe at a beautiful sunset, get all warm and fuzzy looking upon a bright sunny day, sunrising over a grassy field. I love nature, and photography of natural objects, you should see my photo album. It has very few humans in it other than some relatives, mostly it has tons of natural wonders. Footprinted sand along a lonely beach, Salty crusted turned up mud down in the so called Devil's Golf Course in Death Valley, California, A winding forest path that seems lost in the mists of time....

~an innate understanding of duty and responsibility (including where it starts *and* ends)

I live on my own so this is a must for me to remain financially independent.

~drive - he must have something, anything, he's really passionate about. (No languishing, angsting couch potatos need apply. )

I am passionate about my spirituality, my creativity, artwork, music, photography, and my love for games, both in playing and in creating them. I have a variation of hexagonal chess I've invented, but have yet to publish because Chess isn't all that popular.

~the ability to be accepting of "ecentricities" in others

Being eccentric myself, I understand the mindset of those with such unique qualities.

~adaptability and versatility - a "survivor"

I've survived on my own, single, lonely, for the last 16 years out of high school. I haven't given up life yet, no matter what is thrown at me.

~above all, he must be comfortable in his own skin, ok with who and what he is.

I'm almost too comfortable with my own skin. The only things I don't like about myself, see below....

That being said, on the flip side, the immediate disqualifiers would be:

~loud, crude individuals

Fortunately, I hate those people with a passion as much as you do.

~cruel individuals - if they'll mistreat any living thing in any way, I don't want to know them

Whenever I find a moth, or a large spider, or any other miserable tiny creature in my house, I carefully scoop it up in my hand, gently carry it to the outside, and release it into the plants of the garden outside. But I kill ants, and wasps that invade. I guess I'm selective on what I let live.

~intolerant, controlling personalities

You will like me.... you find yourself admiring my wondeeeerfuuuul quaaalitieeesss..... theeeseee aren't the droooids you are looooking fooooor..... ~waves hand mysteriously~

~obesity - sorry, it's just a turnoff. I prefer my men without excessive fat on them.

Zing, 1000 points against me. :cry:

I used to be lean in High School and for half of my adult life. Then I drank beer. I got to 240 lbs being 6' tall. So far I've lost 20lbs and still going down. I still have a tummy and love handles, but there's no fat elsewhere, except [self censored data omitted]. I want to reach 190lbs, so my drivers license no longer lies.

~I've already been a mother: I don't want to be his. (Nor the reverse scenario)

My search is for someone for me to care for, not the other way around.

~guys who smell bad. Smelling like a male after hard physical work or just generically is fine. Actually, it's pretty nice. Not bathing for a month and smelling like a dirty body sprouting fungus is not fine.

I shower every day and wear that Axe deodorant stuff. I've noticed how women react to it, and it can be scary at times.

A few other ladies:
Starbuline wrote:
Kind, weird, witty, affectionate.

That's me in a nutshell. Of course, it's quite crammed in that nutshell, and gives me the heebie jeebies, so I try not to get locked up in nutshells very often.

Hamster wrote:
I honestly don't have a specific type -- I've had relationships with fat men, short men, tall and slender, beautiful, and homely men -- they all had many qualities in common, however:

1) Great sense of humor -- if a man doesn't make me laugh, he sucks
2) Intellect -- must be able to converse on a wide variety of subjects
3) At least *some* artistic ability, be it writing, painting, sketching, music
4) CLEAN, smells nice at ALL times
5) Confident -- is able to give me my space and not whine like a little b***h about it
6) Patient -- because I've been known to stretch even the hardiest quite thin :oops:
7) Excellent work ethic -- Slackers or players can go to hell
8) Kind -- MUST be compassionate toward all living things
9) Pleasing voice
10) Great-looking forearms and hands -- I go weak at the sight

I agree whole heartedly about the humor thing. I seek a female companion that loves my sense of humor. If she doesn't, then nothing else matters. My woman must love my sense of humor or it will never work out, without question. I drive people at work crazy sometimes with the different subjects I throw at them, to the point that I've stop trying to bother. I have always had creativity as a child growing up, and lately I've let it slip due to the pressures of the real world. However, recently I've invested in an electronic grand piano, because I'm going to teach myself to play. I also believe in smelling nice all the time. Of course, if I had a girlfriend, I'd shower twice a day instead of the regular once a day. Confidence is something I have to work on, mostly because I don't have a very high opinion of myself when it comes to women. I never feel like I'm good enough for them. My self esteem has been practically zero, but that's mostly due to my complete and utter failure to ever score a girlfriend my entire life. I am exceedingly patient, just sit in the drivers seat of my car if you need to know. I do consider myself a hard worker, and I would never be a player. Compassion towards all living things except ants and wasps. My voice probably isn't pleasing. You be the judge, I did post a video of myself on the video thread, so you have something to go on. As far as forearms and hands, same thing, view the video.

Also, I can cook, and I have to, living alone. I hate eating out unless its a nice restaurant, and I loath McDonald's food, unless its their bagel breakfasts, which aren't half bad. They aren't half good either, but I gotta eat when I'm rushing out the door to go to work don't I?

I am a meticulous neat freak, when I do clean my home up that is. I had a nervous break down nearly ten years back and have lost my immaculate style since then. So if something could repair the break in my mind and heart, I could return to that perfectionism I once had.

Three posts down is my youtube self video

Please tell me what you think my chances with women are, and please don't be afraid to reply to my comments. For some reason, I am getting the impression that women flee even from my posts here, since every thread I've replied to in this forum ended with my replies.

:cry:
Thats my comfort zone but sadly I am not so good at math I am excelent at science and learning foreing languages *particularly Mandarin* at an alarming rate I am also left handed. I love anime ALOT!! I tend to be overly affectionate at times though.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Eloquaint
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jan 2013, 7:02 pm

Smart, funny, kind, and capable.

Catharascotia
Raven
Raven

27 Jan 2013, 8:46 pm

I find it extremely sexy when a guy is very intelligent and passionate about a particular topic. Even if I don't understand the topic myself, I enjoy watching the way his face lights up when he talks about it (as long as he's willing to explain it to me--I also like learning new things). I also like a bit of intensity in a guy. This summer in Rome, I met a guy who was by all accounts an arrogant ass--macho, controlling, a know-it-all. But everyday there was always a bunch of things he wanted to see, he knew all the history behind it, and he would go on these mad quests through the city looking for some obscure thing no one had ever heard of. I was never bored when I was with him, and I found that passion and interest in the things around him to be really attractive (it helped that I was interested in those things too--also that despite acting like an ass sometimes, he was a good guy at heart). Some people found him to be really single-minded and too intense, but I felt like it was a challenge, and I liked it. Nothing happened between us, but I look for that quality now in a guy.

Also, sense of humor is a must.

quesonrias
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jan 2013, 9:43 pm

Intelligence - I like to be able to have a decent conversation
Humor - I love to laugh, and I enjoy meeting someone with humor similar to mine
Smile - Not just any smile, but a genuine one that you can tell comes from a happy heart

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
RAADS-R: 187.0
Language: 15.0 • Social Relatedness: 81.0 • Sensory/Motor: 52.0 • Circumscribed Interests: 40.0

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 165 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 47 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)