Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Falloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Apr 2015, 2:05 pm

Anybody enjoy cosplay?

I've been going to Comic-cons in London for a few years now and I enjoy the skill, imagination and wit that goes into cosplaying. It's just a shame that this hobby has come along so late in my life...

...but I'm going to have a go anyway. I am making a costume based on Doctor Who's K9. Here it is so far:

It's missing a few small details. I plan to wear it with a Hawaiian shirt (it's K9 in a holiday mood :) ) and I will carry a prop martini glass, so there's a bit of a Brian-from-Family-Guy crossover thing going on.

I hope that it will raise a few smiles at the London MCM Comic Con at the end of May.

I hope you like it and I'd love to see if anyone else has made a costume.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 1:52 am

I like the girls in short, hot costumes. :D

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 May 2015, 6:21 pm

cant wait to see it finished!! :D

Here's one of mine that i made from scratch last year. Only had the pleasure of showing it off at halloween so far. Waiting for an opportunity to get it to a cosplay!

Will help if i actually posted the pic >_>

Stunning Images On T-Shirts, Homeware and More!!

Falloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 May 2015, 3:55 pm

Hi Jon85,

That's cool! Especially as you made it from scratch.

Is it difficult to learn to sew? I feel reasonably happy working with plastics and foam but actual needlework... no experience at all I'm afraid.

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 May 2015, 4:32 pm

i hand sewed it because the sewing machine my mum lent me scares the crap out of me! And it's not so bad. But it depends what material you're working with. The cape is that synthetic stuff so falls apart too damn easily!! I ended up cheating in the end and using that web stuff thats like fabric glue.

It was actually a load of fun :D

Stunning Images On T-Shirts, Homeware and More!!

slave
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 5:27 pm

Cosplay is beyond my understanding.

I see it as self-indulgent neotony in the most banal sense.

I do however understand that others feel differently.

Falloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 May 2015, 2:02 am

slave wrote:

Pretentious much?

Lighten up. It's a fancy dress party. A chance to show off what you can make, act silly in public and make people smile. These are all good things.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2015, 7:32 pm

Falloy wrote:
slave wrote:

Pretentious much?

Lighten up. It's a fancy dress party. A chance to show off what you can make, act silly in public and make people smile. These are all good things.

To judge me as being pretentious you would have to know me, which you do not.

Nugrosjp
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Jan 2016, 6:33 am

being something you like, pretend for a while as a character you adore, going with friends.. nothing wrong about it..
I cosplaying alot and now make a living help people made their costume, which makes me happy.

=====================
Anime Cosplay or game cosplay. cosplay1.com will help you

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 3:55 pm

I cos-play by myself with plushes as other character's. I have a Piplup Pajama Costume. Also a Piplup themed Sweatshirt and a T-shirt as a Piplup cosplaying as a Empoleon that is the non-shiny version of my profile picture. :) I can't draw, though. I have to use rulers and stuff. I seriously bad at drawing to due having Dysgraphia.

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 4:07 pm

I've never done it, but I would like to. There is an anime convention that happens twice a year near me that I routinely go to that would be perfect for it. I'm not the arts and crafts type though and making a costume myself is out of the question.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2016, 10:09 am

^^Aww! Piplup pajamas would be adorable! I've cosplayed as Link from the Legend of Zelda [although I looked more like Robin Hood...], Fai Fluorite from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, and Tifa Lockheart from Final Fantasy VII. I'm going to do a Cloud Strife [from Final Fantasy VII] costume eventually.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Falloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jan 2016, 3:47 pm

I'm working on an original costume now. It is intended to be a steampunk/dieselpunk occult investigator. I have made a gauntlet along the lines of the one worn by Rasputin in "Hellboy"

I have also started on an "electric pentagram" which will be strapped to my chest

I will have cabling connecting the two items so it looks as though I am drawing some sort of energy from the pentagram (or something)

I also plan to make an "Evil-Dead" style grimoire to read my "incantations" from. The rest of the costume is currently vaguely Edwardian with trousers with braces, a cravat, a bowler hat and the inevitable brass goggles.

MCHB
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Jan 2016, 7:45 pm

I'm on the left and that's my nephew on the right; I've never been to a con, but I did get carried away on a costume one year! (I break it out every halloween!) The pack has full lights and sound, lol. :mrgreen:

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2016, 12:14 pm

^That's epic! Great job! :)

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2016, 3:14 pm

I've always wanted to, but I haven't attempted it yet. I would like to go as Illyria (she's on my avatar), but only if I could get it to look identical (or nearly). I'm not sure if I could customize a black wig to get the blue highlights, or if I'd do the makeup properly, plus she's (the actress) a lot taller than I am so it may look silly. But I've bookmarked some detailed instructions from people who have cosplayed it.