Anyone else without special skills or talents?

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 6:48 pm

Cherokee wrote:
This is more what I was wondering about, if being supper good at something is almost always the case with aspies, or if that is just a stereotype.

The only thing I know I am better at than everybody I know is knowing where something is. Every day, my partner asks me where his wallet, or his keys, or his duct tape is, and I always know the answer without even thinking about it. I should be a spy. But here I am, wasting my precious talent...

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 8:49 pm

That makes me laugh, because people are always coming to me to find things. I don't know where they are, but I'm better at looking. I think it's because I'm always losing my own stuff, and have to track it down.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 8:58 pm

My skills are more general. My greatest skill is in memorizing and storing a wide variety of factual information.

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 9:50 pm

9CatMom wrote:
My skills are more general. My greatest skill is in memorizing and storing a wide variety of factual information.

I'm really bad at that. I know a little about a lot. But can't remember details very well.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 11:52 pm

I'm bad at FF games, I'll tell you that now.

Astilius
Raven
Raven

22 Mar 2007, 12:25 pm

RedMage wrote:
I'm bad at FF games, I'll tell you that now.

Bad that them, how?
You seem to be a serious gamer, what else do you play besides FF?

Cherokee
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Mar 2007, 5:34 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
I didn't notice how many posts you have ...

Chances are, you've scanned the various forums and found something that interests you deeply,

yes ???

Yes I have interests (don’t know if I’d use the word deeply though), I just don’t happen to be great at anything.

I guess I kind of lied about having no talents, what SA_Complex0 said maid me remember that I have a pretty good vocabulary as well; I guess I just never think of it as a talent/skill.

Thanks all for your replies they have been helpful, and it’s always interesting to see the differences in how people with aspergers minds work.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 9:37 am

Honestly, I can't think of anything I'm good at, else I'd be doing it or making a living out of it or something.
I'm ok at procrastinating, though. That, and I find it hard to finish anyth

Metal_Man
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 11:12 am

I used to think I didn't have any special abilities. It wasn't until I was around 30 that I began to find a way to put all of my aspie "disabilities" as NT's like to refer them together into something useful. I had to put up with a lot of vicious, sometimes violent resistance to my efforts from others but it has paid off.

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 6:08 pm

renaeden wrote:

LOL
I love your posts, renaeden.

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 6:47 pm

I have a good memory, my family and classmates think I have a perfect memory. But I think I can do it better.

Have_attitude
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Mar 2007, 6:16 am

renaeden wrote:
Honestly, I can't think of anything I'm good at, else I'd be doing it or making a living out of it or something.

I know why I've not been able to make a good living out of anything coz I don't know what I'm good at and what I should be doing. The one thing I know about myself is I'm seriously involved in procrastinating since 8 years. If procrastination could be cashed I certainly would have been a millionaire.

Airbrush
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Mar 2007, 7:53 am

Everyone has talents or is good at something in someway or another, you just gotta figiure out what, try something you like, that you really burn for, then you`ll see.

like me, my intrest first was cars, only cars, and that evolved into car styling and engine tuning, and now i`m in love with photoshop that let`s me do that, style cars as i want, and after i learned photoshop, i begun to like surreal ART and graphic`s.

Your skills evolve as you learn new things and as well your intrests, you just gotta look deep enough to discover it, and have patiens.

Last edited by Airbrush on 27 Mar 2007, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 8:23 am

Above average at maths.
I was really good at playing the piano & keyboard once, but I gave up after 1 year's worth of lessons due to other committments :( .

RachelLugiagirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Mar 2007, 10:25 am

I 'm good at procrastinating too! I'm madly putting off packing and moving out till the last minute! i haven't managed to finish an FF game yet, and though i'm reasonably good at languages it hasn't brought in any money apart from a £5 poetry prize once and winning a book and a bar of chocolate in a Cadbury's article competition as a child. I'm useless at maths. i think an interest in factual info on computers is a good thing though , even though I'm still scared of going on my home computer and wish i had a technician there in case anything goes wrong!

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 8:28 pm

I am really good at spending time looking for something I am good at