Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 12:20 pm

Today in 2003 is when I moved to Minnesota, just a week before being when my stepdad was hired over the phone by US Bank. In 2004 this day is when I was formally diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome. In 2007 this day is when I was fired from Walfart due to their zero-thought policy and my talking about playing the computer game Halo and people thinking I was talking about real life - with fighting aliens in another solar system using plasma weapons....

If it wasn't for all this, I wouldn't have met Jackie, the lovely lady whom I married in May 15th 2010 and whom I hope will forgive me and that she'll remain married to me for all our natural lives. I love you Jackie.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 7:49 pm

IAAP: Here's a question that I think you should ask yourself, right now.....

"Was I truly, TRULY happy in my marriage----or, is the most of my being upset, right now, because I don't like change----especially change that I can't control?"

Remember----this all came-about because you were complaining about your wife / marriage. I'm thinking, MAYBE, a large part of wanting your wife back has to do with just needing to end the miserable way you feel, right now----but, would it really end your misery? Think about it..... It might make you feel better----but, for how long----and, how TRULY / wholly? My thinking is NEITHER of you were happy, for a long, lonnnnnng time, before she left. Don't get your feelings of being lonely, not liking change, etc. confused with your TRUE feelings, about how your marriage was going, recently. Also, don't confuse how you're feeling about YOURSELF, with how the marriage was going, recently----it takes TWO, to tango----and, your wife had some responsibility in the relationship falling-apart, TOO!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 12:26 am

I'm sorry you are suffering so. one of the grand illusions of life, one that is insidious and utterly enthralling, is that another person will somehow "complete" us.