Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 7:48 pm

MaxE wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
AntDog wrote:
He's fat :roll: but he is making progress on losing it.
He's too liberal for my vote.

He wants to strengthen the war on drugs and turn back current progress in marijuana policy and he's too liberal for you?
This is a typical but wrong characterization of Gov. Christie's views: Chris Christie Calls War On Drugs 'A Failure'.

I would guess the problem many people have with Christie is that he opposes legalization but that is not the same as supporting the War On Drugs. As for his promise to enforce federal marijuana laws, I think what primarily motivates him is that Obama is choosing to selectively not enforce those laws in states that have legalized it at the state level, which I suspect he sees as capricious behavior.

I don't think he should be condemned for being honest about his beliefs even if others don't share those beliefs. In fact, as politicians are usually thought to lie through their teeth, at least in this regard I totally believe him when he says these things. Do you prefer politicians to tell you what you want to hear or what they sincerely believe?

I am not even condemning him as a person per say, but I am not going to vote for someone who wants to turn back the marijuana legalization in the states that have chosen to legalize it, especially by 'enforcing' federal policy...gives me images of feds being sent to these states and really putting their foot down and wide arrests since now its getting quite accepted to smoke...they'd have a hard time repealing that and enforcing it. And you'd have a lot of angry small buisiness owners, medical marijuana patients and newly legal recreational users to contend with as well. I don't want to vote for someone who wants to start a feds vs. states conflict.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

05 May 2015, 7:48 am

Chris Christie is very close to Shelden Adelson(so are many other Republicans as he huge doner) who bankrolled the effort to defeat medical in Florida, he's also one of the biggest proponents of this Israel-first doctrine and neoconservatism.

To say he's just upset about federal law not being enforced is silly, not to mention in Obama's right as chief executive. He was probably one of those guys asking to delay the implementation of Obama's healthcare law but the law is the law right?

Christie is also a big proponent of NSA mass surveillance and said anybody that questions it "should go talk to the families of 9/11"

I will go out on a limb and say he is a bad person

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 10:24 am

I was a fan of his----for, about a MINUTE----cuz, I thought he was someone who "shoots from the hip", and I really appreciate that (that's why I liked Dubya)----BUT, I've since changed my mind!! I won't go so far as to say he ordered that bridge thing----but, I WILL say there's NO WAY he could've NOT known about it, IMO!! He's LYIN' OUT HIS BUTT!!

I CAN'T STAND Rand Paul----LOVED his father, though!!

Hillary is one of THEE most DISGUSTING people, on the PLANET----horrible, Horrible, HORRIBLE person, IMO----liar, swindler, cheater, out-of-touch!!

Right now, the only person I can think of giving my vote to, is Jethro (Jeb, LOL----that's what *I* call him)----NOT because I think he's such a great choice (I REALLY need to take some time, to read-up on him); but, because he seems to be the lesser of the evils, right now.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 10:51 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
I was a fan of his----for, about a MINUTE----cuz, I thought he was someone who "shoots from the hip", and I really appreciate that (that's why I liked Dubya)----BUT, I've since changed my mind!! I won't go so far as to say he ordered that bridge thing----but, I WILL say there's NO WAY he could've NOT known about it, IMO!! He's LYIN' OUT HIS BUTT!!

Hillary is one of THEE most DISGUSTING people, on the PLANET----horrible, Horrible, HORRIBLE person, IMO----liar, swindler, cheater, out-of-touch!!

Right now, the only person I can think of giving my vote to, is Jethro (Jeb, LOL----that's what *I* call him)----NOT because I think he's such a great choice (I REALLY need to take some time, to read-up on him); but, because he seems to be the lesser of the evils, right now.

I sure as f*** wouldn't vote for Hillary she is the worst kind of democrat, I'd almost rather have Sarah Palin if you remember her lol in the unlikely chance it came down to those two. Otherwise aside from Chris Christie who I also do not like, I don't know of any other candidates/potential candidates will probably have to look into that before the elections.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 6:03 pm

Ahh, the Republican half of my nightmare match up, Christie vs Hilary.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 6:19 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Ahh, the Republican half of my nightmare match up, Christie vs Hilary.

Time to vote for Rand Paul ... or the Libertarian Party nominee?

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 6:29 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Time to vote for Rand Paul ... or the Libertarian Party nominee?

I voted Gary Johnson last time, I'd vote for Rand if he makes it, not so sure about the rest of the GOP pack this year. I do want a Republican in the White House this cycle, since national CCW reciprocity has come really close the last couple times it's come up in congress, and as far as I'm concerned that's game over for anti-gun politics in this country, so I may vote more pragmatically than usual this time.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 6:37 pm

I agree throughout!

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 9:53 am

Well this thread has died but I thought I'd post a postscript so to speak.

I posted because I was curious how wide a range of reactions I would get. Well they seem to fall into two categories:

1.) He's a bully with paleolithic beliefs.
2.) He's not conservative enough to be taken seriously.

I don't now if I like him or not but when I see him speak he seems very "genuine" compared to most politicians e.g. Hilary. BTW I am a registered Democrat and my current political attitude is quite cynical. As for marijuana legalization (the one specific issue that seemed to come up repeatedly) in the interest of full disclosure, I am strongly in favor of decriminalization but opposed to legalization, which I suppose is a more Liberal/Libertarian attitude than Mr. Christie's. On the other hand, I don't think a candidate's personal views are all that important. I disagree with somebody who would vote for Ben Carson simply because they share all his beliefs without having any idea how he'd perform as president.

It has also been a long time since I've felt any animosity towards anyone because of their political/religious beliefs so I hope others can extend me the same courtesy.

Probably the one reason for me to have an interest in Christie is the fact that the media seems to be ganging up on him. Having been ganged up on in my own life, I sympathize with others in his position, wanting to know for certain if he's really as much of a jerk as everybody seems to think he is.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2015, 4:03 pm

if the rest of the country knew what mitt the Mormon knew before turning him down as a running mate, it would be an eye opener.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2015, 5:37 am

auntblabby wrote:
if the rest of the country knew what mitt the Mormon knew before turning him down as a running mate, it would be an eye opener.
If Mitt Romney didn't want him as a running mate, I would consider that a point in his favor.

RhodyStruggle
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2015, 12:05 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:

I sure as f*** wouldn't vote for Hillary she is the worst kind of democrat, I'd almost rather have Sarah Palin if you remember her lol in the unlikely chance it came down to those two. Otherwise aside from Chris Christie who I also do not like, I don't know of any other candidates/potential candidates will probably have to look into that before the elections.

Bernie Sanders' campaign actually has me considering to register to vote.

A burden discerned in the blood you taste

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2015, 12:13 pm

Ok....I admit the real reason I don't like him is he has two first names, one of them being a girls name, I wonder what his real name is and why he changed it to something so stupid, perhaps there is some history to this person we need to know. lol

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2015, 3:28 pm

Obama was a brief interruption in the Free World being ruled by the dueling dynasties of Bush, and Clinton.

The bad news is that next president will most likely be either someone named Bush, or someone named Clinton.

The good news is that the next president will most likely be either someone named Bush, or someone named Clinton.

All of the alternatives to Jeb, or Hillary, or much worse than either of those two!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2015, 6:12 pm

I would bet that the jeb bush presidency would make his brother's look like dubya was a sugar daddy in comparison.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2015, 7:09 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I would bet that the jeb bush presidency would make his brother's look like dubya was a sugar daddy in comparison.

Always had the impression that Jeb had a three digit IQ, could speak at least ONE language fluently, and was a centrist (more like his daddy than like his brother), and I don't associate him with born-again religion (all in contrast to Dubya).

But you never know what they will do when actually in office.