Black Police Affirmative Action would serve justice well.

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 3:02 pm

Black Police Affirmative Action would serve justice well.

In light of Black over-representation in the criminal element, to have the same over-representation in the police forces would be the logical and intelligent thing to expect of a rational, and justice seeking people and society.

I suggest that Affirmative Action to place more Black men, and especially Black women, into our police forces would be serving justice and the American world well.

Are you Black and do you agree?

If you are Black and seek to be free and equal in your chosen country, then make it so.

If not, remain a second class citizen.

Regards
DL

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

28 Apr 2015, 9:26 pm

The problem isn't too many white officers or too few black ones, there is already affirmative action to the point that they'll take lesser qualified POC to fill their quotas.

The problem is the nature of the job and the laws, police need to be held accountable and not be considered above the law. The laws need to reflect what is truly worth sacrificing your life for, if you're scared for your life hassling somebody for a plant then perhaps you need to reevaluate whether or not the job is worth it and if it fits your values. There needs to be fewer laws, fewer cops, fewer prisons.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 9:52 pm

I saw on tv today rioting in Detroit where a black cop killed a black twenty year old kid. The cop says the kid charged him with a hammer, the father denies this.

see here : http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/28909 ... ce-officer

The Detroit police force is majority black, I don't see the point of hiring more black officers.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 2:54 am

wait so ____ represent high number of criminals so hire more of them as cops. o.O

foxes kill more of my chickens. so I hired foxes as guard dogs for the chickens.

not saying in areas where blacks make up more of the majority they should have more black cops, though you run into they don't want to be cops problem. but the logic of if a group of people make up a lot of criminals then hire that group makes no sense.

people still get upset at black cops. it makes no difference color of the skin. they hate cops. cops are the enemy regardless of their race.

here we don't have race problems, but the general feeling among people are cops are the enemy. people don't' trust cops anymore and cops are too quick to go full force.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

29 Apr 2015, 3:35 am

More minority cops doesn't make anything better, honestly for anybody that has dealt with the police the minority ones are often times worse to deal with since it seems like they have some serious self-loathing and feel like they have something to prove to their fellow officers. The culture needs to change, the laws need to change, the police and those in government that write these laws need to be held accountable. It won't make me feel any better if the cops doing these killings were black, it wouldn't suddenly be okay they were the same race as their victim.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 4:35 am

What if the grand majority of people killed by police in the US had it coming?

That's something people don't seem to want to tackle.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 6:06 am

Affirmative Action, a.k.a in other states me having to work harder than someone else to get to college or a job because of stuff that happened before either of my parents were even born. Good thing it was banned in Florida.

Using affirmative action on hiring police would allow less qualified people to be in the police force which would be very bad.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 7:17 am

Jacoby wrote:
The problem isn't too many white officers or too few black ones, there is already affirmative action to the point that they'll take lesser qualified POC to fill their quotas.

The problem is the nature of the job and the laws, police need to be held accountable and not be considered above the law. The laws need to reflect what is truly worth sacrificing your life for, if you're scared for your life hassling somebody for a plant then perhaps you need to reevaluate whether or not the job is worth it and if it fits your values. There needs to be fewer laws, fewer cops, fewer prisons.

I mostly agree here.

I do not like reducing the qualifications for a quick profit on the numbers. I would increase the requirements. Not reduce them.

I do put more emphasis on the color of the force than you do though. That has to be addressed.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 7:20 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
I saw on tv today rioting in Detroit where a black cop killed a black twenty year old kid. The cop says the kid charged him with a hammer, the father denies this.

see here : http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/28909 ... ce-officer

The Detroit police force is majority black, I don't see the point of hiring more black officers.

Look at the country and not just the one incident. While anecdotal renderings always have value, they are useless unless back up by the stats.

Detroit might have a healthy color to it's force but way too many forces are not that healthy.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 7:24 am

sly279 wrote:
wait so ____ represent high number of criminals so hire more of them as cops. o.O

foxes kill more of my chickens. so I hired foxes as guard dogs for the chickens.

not saying in areas where blacks make up more of the majority they should have more black cops, though you run into they don't want to be cops problem. but the logic of if a group of people make up a lot of criminals then hire that group makes no sense.

people still get upset at black cops. it makes no difference color of the skin. they hate cops. cops are the enemy regardless of their race.

here we don't have race problems, but the general feeling among people are cops are the enemy. people don't' trust cops anymore and cops are too quick to go full force.

Do you always start a conversation by distorting what the other said?

You may have said something intelligent later but I did not bother looking as I have no time to rephrase the garbage you spew.

Do nothing and keep your ghettos forever. That is much better. Not. Fool.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 7:27 am

Jacoby wrote:
More minority cops doesn't make anything better, honestly for anybody that has dealt with the police the minority ones are often times worse to deal with since it seems like they have some serious self-loathing and feel like they have something to prove to their fellow officers. The culture needs to change, the laws need to change, the police and those in government that write these laws need to be held accountable. It won't make me feel any better if the cops doing these killings were black, it wouldn't suddenly be okay they were the same race as their victim.

True that the whole system needs help but to ignore the racial problem would negate other gains.

As a white man, if you are not insulted by whites killing black at a 20 t0 1 rate then you are not much of a white man, justice wise.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 7:30 am

Dillogic wrote:
What if the grand majority of people killed by police in the US had it coming?

That's something people don't seem to want to tackle.

Let's say they did, at the 20 to 1 ratio of blacks over whites that we presently have.

Why do you think police are shooting more blacks and what would you do about it?

Be specific. Just a revamp of the whole system has already been proposed.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 7:32 am

AntDog wrote:
Affirmative Action, a.k.a in other states me having to work harder than someone else to get to college or a job because of stuff that happened before either of my parents were even born. Good thing it was banned in Florida.

Using affirmative action on hiring police would allow less qualified people to be in the police force which would be very bad.

That or it would push the standard up.

That is our choice when implementing it.

BTW. Those blacks are dying today. Seems your parents were more civilized than what the U.S. is producing today.

Regards
DL

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 9:10 am

It really comes down to a question of demographics and math.

The black demographic, per socio-economic issues, greater
percentages of broken families, and other correlated variables
with crime, comprise a greater statistical percentage of crimes
over other ethnic demographics, per example of white.

So obviously, it is more likely that these folks are going
to get shot in the act of a crime, whether or not there
is a mistake or foul play by a fallible human being
named as a police officer, or other named law
enforcement official. TRULY, THERE IS no
evidence that changing the ethnic
demographic of what is known
as law enforcement will reduce
the number of incidents of mistakes
or potential foul play by the named
occupation of law-enforcement, overall.

So in other words, the idea is neither logical
or realistic, as it would be admitting foul play;
and that is never something that is going to happen;
as it would incriminate the whole structure of law enforcement
as is. And additionally, it most definitely would be discrimination
AGAINST WHITES GETTING jobs. WE ALREADY HAVE affirmative
action IN PLACE. REQUIRING a mandate for percentage based on the
ethnic demographic of crimes, is discrimination based on race; and that
is NOT EVER GOING TO HOLD UP TO LEGAL SCRUTINY IN A LAW
OF COURT.

Anyway, perhaps you are playing the role of devil's advocate here; and that's
cool as I most definitely love to do that too; when other folks are afraid to be
controversial; AS that is where where learning takes place
in OUT OF THE BOX
THINKING..;)
BUT NAH; these days out of the box is way out of THE LEAGUE OF MORE FOLKS
IN A TWITTER WORLD OF THINKING EVERYDAY; where science now shows that
the average human being has the attention span of a gold fish; and gold fish do
NOT SWIM VERY DEEP..;)

MORE THAN two lines joined together is AN OH NO I CAN'T DO IT; for many folks
now days. PATIENCE IS VIRTUE LOST; NO DOUBT, IN PART THAT IS CORRELATED
AS WELL WITH TRIGGER HAPPY COPS. PATIENCE REQUIRES PRACTICE PATIENCE PRACTICE.

And that is part of what I do here; practice for me; whether others learn from THAT OR NOT..;)

LIKE BRUCE LEE SAYS; I DO NOT EXPECT ONE TO MEET OR EXCEED THE EXPECTATIONS FOR MYSELF.

And there we come back full circle to gnosticism; human potential in reflecting GOD; and whether
or not we should allow others to hold us back in shining our TRUTH AND Light of GOD no matter how
BRIGHT OR WORDY; or LOUD A 'LiON' MAY BE; in both feats of strength, intellect, AND ART;

FRIEND,

WITH

smiles of course..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 11:43 am

If there was a majority white area that had mostly black cops, and someone suggested that we need more white cops in that area....
the thread would be locked,
the person posting the thread would lose their job if their employer found out,
the person posting the thread would be banned from the forum.

Also it was said in this thread that black people are the majority of people killed by cops, well the media tends to cover those cases more but to prove that statement you would have to get some stats.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 12:42 pm

aghogday wrote:
It really comes down to a question of demographics and math.

The black demographic, per socio-economic issues, greater
percentages of broken families, and other correlated variables
with crime, comprise a greater statistical percentage of crimes
over other ethnic demographics, per example of white.

So obviously, it is more likely that these folks are going
to get shot in the act of a crime, whether or not there
is a mistake or foul play by a fallible human being
named as a police officer, or other named law
enforcement official. TRULY, THERE IS no
evidence that changing the ethnic
demographic of what is known
as law enforcement will reduce
the number of incidents of mistakes
or potential foul play by the named
occupation of law-enforcement, overall.

So in other words, the idea is neither logical
or realistic, as it would be admitting foul play;
and that is never something that is going to happen;
as it would incriminate the whole structure of law enforcement
as is. And additionally, it most definitely would be discrimination
AGAINST WHITES GETTING jobs. WE ALREADY HAVE affirmative
action IN PLACE. REQUIRING a mandate for percentage based on the
ethnic demographic of crimes, is discrimination based on race; and that
is NOT EVER GOING TO HOLD UP TO LEGAL SCRUTINY IN A LAW
OF COURT.

Anyway, perhaps you are playing the role of devil's advocate here; and that's
cool as I most definitely love to do that too; when other folks are afraid to be
controversial; AS that is where where learning takes place
in OUT OF THE BOX
THINKING..;)
BUT NAH; these days out of the box is way out of THE LEAGUE OF MORE FOLKS
IN A TWITTER WORLD OF THINKING EVERYDAY; where science now shows that
the average human being has the attention span of a gold fish; and gold fish do
NOT SWIM VERY DEEP..;)

MORE THAN two lines joined together is AN OH NO I CAN'T DO IT; for many folks
now days. PATIENCE IS VIRTUE LOST; NO DOUBT, IN PART THAT IS CORRELATED
AS WELL WITH TRIGGER HAPPY COPS. PATIENCE REQUIRES PRACTICE PATIENCE PRACTICE.

And that is part of what I do here; practice for me; whether others learn from THAT OR NOT..;)

LIKE BRUCE LEE SAYS; I DO NOT EXPECT ONE TO MEET OR EXCEED THE EXPECTATIONS FOR MYSELF.

And there we come back full circle to gnosticism; human potential in reflecting GOD; and whether
or not we should allow others to hold us back in shining our TRUTH AND Light of GOD no matter how
BRIGHT OR WORDY; or LOUD A 'LiON' MAY BE; in both feats of strength, intellect, AND ART;

FRIEND,

WITH

smiles of course..:)

"And additionally, it most definitely would be discrimination
AGAINST WHITES GETTING jobs."

Exactly the point of initiating A A.

To redress the fact that whites have been discriminating against blacks and shaking the whites out of their denial stupor so that they can recognize the injustice they have been subjecting the black to.

Fighting fire with fire is a handy way to end fires sometimes.

Regards
DL