Do you have a Sydney line on your hands?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 3:24 am

Palmistry says Sydney line is associated with Autism. I was wondering if that claim has any basis. :)

For those who are diagnosed, check your hands and see if your line of head (middle one) is super long or not. If it's extending to the edge of your palm (basically goes across your entire palm) that's called a Sydney line.

http://www.handresearch.com/news/the-sy ... ndmark.htm

I've got one on my left hand. But then DH who is NT has it on one of his hands, too.

RhodyStruggle
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 12:33 pm

I have one on my left hand. Right handed, don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Somewhat related to this I suppose, I've read that autism is somewhat strongly correlated with clinodactyly (bent or crooked fingers), particularly of the pinky finger. I have clinodactyly (informally confirmed by a former associate of mine who happens to be a hand surgeon) of both the pinky and index fingers on both hands, more pronounced on the left hand.

A burden discerned in the blood you taste

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 1:25 pm

I have one on my left hand but not on the right.
I am right handed.
Diagnosed with AS.

BTW. My head lines are pretty unique:

On my left hand I have 2 head lines:
-One is just 13mm long(goes just as long as my index finger does) and has a strong root going down to my life line and connecting to it.
-The other one is really long - goes through my whole hand - and has even longer root, parallel to my life line going down to my wrist and another root going down parallel to life line and ending on the other side of hand, 1cm above wrist. (I have 3 life lines sum up if I count the two head line roots as "life lines connected to head line" which seems to be a common case)

On my right hand I have only those 2 longest head line roots - the one going to wrist and the one ending on the other side of hand 1cm above wrist. I suppose the first root is my life line connected to my head line. I have 5 potential life lines there but only this head line root goes as a life line would ("life line connected to head line" case)- all others start out of nowhere and end nowhere despite being visible enough.

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 1:30 pm

On both hands, more pronounced on my right. And I'm right-handed. And not diagnosed but definitly not NT :mrgreen:

BeyondLogic
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Apr 2015, 3:06 pm

I do not have this. But, my hands and fingers seem to be almost abnormally small, and my fingers are a bit crooked.

ZemTheRad
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Feb 2017, 3:30 am

I have sydney lines on both palms.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 3:51 am

I have them on both hands.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 4:24 am

How come the article in the link says it's associated with Alzheimer's and Down's Syndrome?

horse of course
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Feb 2017, 5:29 am

Isn't palmistry discredited as a pseudoscience? Just because several people with the same diagnosis share a particular crease on their palm doesn't mean it's related. Can you cite any successfully reproduced studies that point to the Sydney line being related?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 5:41 am

horse of course wrote:
Isn't palmistry discredited as a pseudoscience? Just because several people with the same diagnosis share a particular crease on their palm doesn't mean it's related. Can you cite any successfully reproduced studies that point to the Sydney line being related?

You must remember that on autism sites everything on the human body is related to autism. Next time there will be a thread saying the opposite; autistic people DON'T have a Sydney line on their hands.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 6:11 am

It stops short on both sides on both hands. If anything I have a short Sydney line.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 6:37 pm

I have them on both of my hands.