Every try medical marijuana for your ASD?

Page 3 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 9:39 pm

CBD oil doesn't seem to do anything for my anxiety.
What dosage and concentration are you using?

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 10:26 pm

Raleigh wrote:
CBD oil doesn't seem to do anything for my anxiety.
What dosage and concentration are you using?

I use like between 1/8ml to 1/4ml at 33mg of CBD and 2.3mg THC per ml. If I use it daily which I have at times I use 1/4ml to 1/2ml at a time. I let it absorb under my tongue for like 10 to 15 seconds before swallowing and it kicks in almost instantly. The oil used is coconut oil.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 10:33 pm

^ Ah, mine contains no (traceable) THC so that's probably why it's not working.
It's illegal to be sold here with traceable THC. :(

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 11:09 pm

I've read that some people's bodies can't metabolize CBD properly so that it may be ineffective for them compared the majority that can. Maybe you are one of those. 0.5 or 0.25 mg of THC isnt much of anything to make a difference.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 5:10 pm

Raleigh wrote:
Actually, you know what really s**ts me?

Doctors giving out weed for ASD when you can't even get it for terminal cancer where I live, even when it's proven to help.

This world is f*****g f****d up.

I asked & couldn't get a medical license for ASD here, mine was officially for other reasons. You're right in that too much is invested in downplaying marijuana's efficacy, so much so that people can't take responsibility for coherent legalization.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2018, 12:41 pm

Here in Canada politicians are not the ones to tell patients which conditions qualify and which do not, that is left to doctors to decide. The only somewhat requirement is that it shouldnt be a first line treatment option, that patients should try other treatments first. That said I don't think any doctor who prescribes cannabis would deny a cancer patient access.

The barriers here are the self regulatory College of Physicians and Surgeons which regulate doctors and harrass those who prescribe it. This resulted in a relatively small number of doctors who prescribe cannabis here. In a way to get around these BS Colleges, there are clinics which connect patients to these doctors, often over video conference calls. Seems to work and provide patient's access despite the Colleges' attempts to block access. There are also plenty of legal gray area dispensaries for anyone to buy weed from.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Feb 2018, 11:24 am

Noca wrote:
Claradoon wrote:
I take prozac and xanax. I'd like to substitute Medical Marijuana for one or both of them. Does anybody know about substituting M for P and/or X ?

Which province are you in?

CBD oil or high CBD cannabis can substitute for both of those drugs really well. I no longer use clonazepam for anxiety anymore, just sometimes for sleep. CBD oil eliminates my anxiety, used it to keep calm at a crowded funeral yesterday. Antidepressants never helped my mood anyway but Cannabis in general helps though it requires a number of redosing throughout the day. I'd prolly recommend it in combination with cognitive therapies and exercise in order to replace antidepressants if you were relying on them for depression.

If you are in Ontario, try looking up Bodystream clinics, they connect you with doctors who write ACMPR medical cannabis prescriptions and the appointment is covered by OHIP. If you dont live in Ontario you can use lift to find a cannabis friendly clinic near you to get a prescription. https://lift.co/clinics

It is really easy to get a script here if you have medical documentation of your condition and have tried a number of other treatments already.

I'm still studying your message and still going to try, any minute now. I'm in Montreal, Quebec. Recreational M will be legal soon but I need Medical, not to clash with my other meds. I like the idea of 3 drops under the tongue every morning - medically precise. I'm going to try now. uh, soon. maybe i should do the dishes first.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Feb 2018, 11:42 am

Oh, of course they want money. It'll have to wait.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 12:01 pm

I don't plan to take medical marijuana for anything. I read that it can cause CVS (chronic vomiting syndrome). It's bad enough that almost every other drug has nausea as a side effect, and even if I don't have any bad side effects from the pills I take now, I could end up having them later, even years from now. That's what I heard on TV the other night.

If you have to take medication on a daily basis, you have to live in constant fear of what reactions or side effects you could get from it. If you don't take it, you have to live with your body and mind being out of control. It's a lose-lose situation. :(

thewho7
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Feb 2018, 10:14 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
I don't plan to take medical marijuana for anything. I read that it can cause CVS (chronic vomiting syndrome). It's bad enough that almost every other drug has nausea as a side effect, and even if I don't have any bad side effects from the pills I take now, I could end up having them later, even years from now. That's what I heard on TV the other night.

If you have to take medication on a daily basis, you have to live in constant fear of what reactions or side effects you could get from it. If you don't take it, you have to live with your body and mind being out of control. It's a lose-lose situation. :(

CVS is an interesting thing, from what I've read it's only a fairly recent occurrence - initially only kids were diagnosed with it but in the last few years adults, typically middle-aged white males have been diagnosed as well.

I just wonder if it has anything to do with other ingredients being included in the plant (such as pesticides)? The good thing about it at least is that it appears to be extremely rare.

Ironically, marijuana outside of CVS is very good for treating nausea and vomiting.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Feb 2018, 12:56 pm

For me, medical marijuana would come in the form of a vial of drops. Dose: 3 drops under tongue in the morning. That's all. It's medically precise. I wouldn't mess with brownies and such.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 3:16 pm

I wrote a long message to you Claradoon and then hit the wrong button. If you want legal medicinal marijuana check the Health Canada website for proper companies. You can get CBD oil with little THC. But, from the legal companies, it doesn’t come in a manner that you can just put three drops under you’re tongue and it is absorbed. Because the oil is usually used to make edibles, the CBD oil is mixed with oils used in cooking. You use a syringe to measure the amount. It tastes absolutely horrible. I’ve tried mixing it with juice or yoghurt. Best way is to shoot to the back of your throat past your taste buds. Some companies now put it in a capsule which is better. You can only legally have a prescription at one company at a time, and the period is usually one year. So check out a variety of websites from the list. The company does not have to be in your own province. My cousin gets hers from Saskatchewan. Im in Ontario and get mine from here. But im stuck with the non-capsule form for a few more months. I’m hoping that once recreational marijuana is legal, that the medical companies get a bit more creative and do the quick absorbing CBD. I don’t want to smoke or vape it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 3:21 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:

I don't think that is a common side effect.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 5:09 pm

Claradoon wrote:
Oh, of course they want money. It'll have to wait.

Did you check all the clinics listed on that website for Quebec? Some will bill your provincial health plan directly.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 5:23 pm

AnneOleson wrote:
I wrote a long message to you Claradoon and then hit the wrong button. If you want legal medicinal marijuana check the Health Canada website for proper companies. You can get CBD oil with little THC. But, from the legal companies, it doesn’t come in a manner that you can just put three drops under you’re tongue and it is absorbed. Because the oil is usually used to make edibles, the CBD oil is mixed with oils used in cooking. You use a syringe to measure the amount. It tastes absolutely horrible. I’ve tried mixing it with juice or yoghurt. Best way is to shoot to the back of your throat past your taste buds. Some companies now put it in a capsule which is better. You can only legally have a prescription at one company at a time, and the period is usually one year. So check out a variety of websites from the list. The company does not have to be in your own province. My cousin gets hers from Saskatchewan. Im in Ontario and get mine from here. But im stuck with the non-capsule form for a few more months. I’m hoping that once recreational marijuana is legal, that the medical companies get a bit more creative and do the quick absorbing CBD. I don’t want to smoke or vape it.

Actually you can legally have as many different Liscensed Producers as your doctor fills out forms for, you just need one form per LP. I know someone who has 11 different ones at once. My clinic I went to only does 1 but that is only because they can't be bothered to fill out more than 1 authorization form, not because the law limits them in any way. The changes coming with legalized recreational cannabis will also come with changes to the medical system allowing patients to take their authorization form to other LPs. Currently LPs cannot return your authorization form once you give it to them.

As for the taste of CBD oil, compared to alcohol, it doesnt taste that bad at all. Cooking with LP oils is actually a waste of your oil as the cooking process wastes cannabinoids, though you could easily add it to food once its cooked, it isnt like cannabis adds any meaningful flavour to food. I use LP's CBD oil from Aurora under my tongue and it kicks in within seconds no problem. Oil made with MCT oil such as coconut oil kicks in quicker than oil made from other sources.

As for checking Health Canada's website, that only lists Liscensed Producers to chose from once you have a authorization form, it doesnt help a patient find a doctor willing to prescribe it in the first place, that is what the lift website link I sent was for.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 6:05 pm

Noca wrote:
AnneOleson wrote:

Actually you can legally have as many different Liscensed Producers as your doctor fills out forms for, you just need one form per LP. I know someone who has 11 different ones at once. My clinic I went to only does 1 but that is only because they can't be bothered to fill out more than 1 authorization form, not because the law limits them in any way. The changes coming with legalized recreational cannabis will also come with changes to the medical system allowing patients to take their authorization form to other LPs. Currently LPs cannot return your authorization form once you give it to them.

As for the taste of CBD oil, compared to alcohol, it doesnt taste that bad at all. Cooking with LP oils is actually a waste of your oil as the cooking process wastes cannabinoids, though you could easily add it to food once its cooked, it isnt like cannabis adds any meaningful flavour to food. I use LP's CBD oil from Aurora under my tongue and it kicks in within seconds no problem. Oil made with MCT oil such as coconut oil kicks in quicker than oil made from other sources.

As for checking Health Canada's website, that only lists Liscensed Producers to chose from once you have a authorization form, it doesnt help a patient find a doctor willing to prescribe it in the first place, that is what the lift website link I sent was for.

Interesting! I had had two authorization forms and then reading the regulations again came across it being illegal. I was lucky, my GP was fully supportive, so,I figured out where I wanted to sign up my GP did the form. Ive tried from Tweed and Cannatrust. I’ll try it under my tongue again, but didn’t find it fast acting. Ill just have to get used to the taste. Alcohol is ok!!