Every try medical marijuana for your ASD?

Page 1 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 9:23 pm

Canadian Penguin wrote:
Noca wrote:
Great thing about cannabis is that you don't have to smoke it, their are a variety of ways to consume it, from vaporizing, to edibles, to oils, to tinctures, to even topicals. It is the most versatile treatment I've ever been on before. It doesn't fix all my problems but it certainly helps with a lot of them.

Can it be used for a topping on a cheeseburger? Asking for a friend.

Yeah though I wouldn't start with edibles if you are new to cannabis. Cannabis needs to be decarboxlyized(heated to a certain temperature to turn THCA into THC) in order to get the most out of it, as eating raw cannabis will cause most of the cannabinoids to go to waste. Best way would be to make cannabutter or cannabis infused coconut oil and simply add it to whatever you wanna eat.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 May 2017, 9:37 pm

I'm thinking of asking doctor for prescription marijuana in the form of oil, to be taken by 2 drops under the tongue.

Has anybody tried this?

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 9:49 pm

Claradoon wrote:
I'm thinking of asking doctor for prescription marijuana in the form of oil, to be taken by 2 drops under the tongue.

Has anybody tried this?

I could buy oils with my prescription, the only problem is that they are really expensive. Each bottle the cheapest I can find legally is $80 for 30ml. Which province are you in? Most medical doctors do not prescribe medical cannabis because they are not familiar with it but you can easily go a medical cannabis clinic which has doctors who do specialize specifically with cannabis from which you can get your prescription for.

If you live in Ontario I would suggest Bodystream, as the doctors bill OHIP directly and you don't pay a dime for their services. You can self refer and get an appointment within a month or two.

https://bodystreammedical.ca/

Here is a link for a large directory of medical cannabis clinics across Canada with doctors on staff who are cannabis friendly and can write you a cannabis prescription. Some clinics are free well others might have fees. Many of them you can self refer and dont need a referral.

https://lift.co/doctors

When you get a medical cannabis prescription I'd suggest going with Aurora as your licensed producer. https://auroramj.com/

They have pretty cheap compassionate pricing if you are low income or on disability, 3 oils to choose from, free shipping, and pretty good product and customer service.

I find that if you are open to vaporizing you would find it is a lot cheaper. You can vaporize a high CBD strain of cannabis for a fraction of the price of using oils.

If you live in Ontario and are on ODSP, they will even cover up to $300 for the purchase of a cannabis vaporizer. :D

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 May 2017, 2:43 am

Thank you. I'm in Quebec and expect not to have to pay for it.
But I'm looking for someone who has tried M on prescription and with what results.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 12:14 pm

I can't make a recommendation, specific to your medical system.

But, I have general experience.

If you were to fully decompress, and have higher social functioning, there is no reason to believe you will like the people, or other, abrasive situations, which make you feel awkward. Drug users are said to become sullen or withdrawn, but, maybe, they are avoiding their critics, on purpose, on finding clarity.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 1:25 pm

I find it helpful to an extent, though I also just enjoy how it feels so that is also a big reason I smoke it. But yeah I think moderation is good, I would say I fit into smoking it regularly....but I could easily refrain from doing it at work or any other important kind of activities where its not appropriate. I have even been smoking less lately as I am looking for work and want to kind of get used to going without it more...since I wont be at home having it offered all the time.

F10ona1
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 May 2017, 3:44 pm

It's great to see so much positive response to this. With the laws changing so much recently and the huge amount of research and evidence supporting the varied medicinal uses of cannabis and CBD in particular, I think it's got to be worth a try for those of us with high anxiety issues.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 May 2017, 3:48 pm

It's funny you should mention high anxiety. One thing I'm hoping for is to use M to replace Xanax. So far, X is the only thing that can get anywhere near my panic attacks and let me function. But does M do anything for panic?

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 4:22 pm

Claradoon wrote:
It's funny you should mention high anxiety. One thing I'm hoping for is to use M to replace Xanax. So far, X is the only thing that can get anywhere near my panic attacks and let me function. But does M do anything for panic?

Yep if you find the right strain. CBD oil is great for panic disorder or PTSD. I got a large jar of cannabis infused coconut oil which I made some tea with today and not only did it send my pain packing but it also calmed me right down for like 6 hours and still going strong. :D

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 May 2017, 4:25 pm

*That's* what I wanted to know. Thank you very much. I'll bring that info to the doctor and we'll adjust things.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 8:25 am

Quote:
But does M do anything for panic?

Most everyone jokes about "Reefer Madness," but it causes panic, if you take more than you can tolerate. It's not social paranoia, or being surprised at how high you are. It has the opposite effect, if you OD.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 9:23 am

friedmacguffins wrote:
Quote:
But does M do anything for panic?

Most everyone jokes about "Reefer Madness," but it causes panic, if you take more than you can tolerate. It's not social paranoia, or being surprised at how high you are. It has the opposite effect, if you OD.

CBD oil will never cause panic. If you consume too much THC then yeah you can feel anxious and paranoid. That being said, get the right dose/strain and your anxiety will be crushed.

F10ona1
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 May 2017, 11:49 am

I think many people don't understand that medical marijuana is high in CBD, and the psychoactive ingredient - THC has been breed out of the strains being used for medical use.

It has nothing to do with refer madness or getting high!

Mr_Miner
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 May 2017, 12:08 pm

Claradoon wrote:

Yes, some types or "strains" of it are very good for stress and anxiety. There are 100's of them and it's kind of like wine. The people who are serious about will notice little differences between them. Marijuana is divined into two types: indica and sativa. Sativas are good for mental issues indicas more for physical pain, insomnia, things like that. Many strains will be a genetic cross of the two because people like to combine the positive effects and it also makes the plant easier and quicker to grow. Sativa take more time to do properly.

The problem is most people don't have the ability to pick what they want. They have to buy what their dealer has and are never truly sure of what they got. So if what they get does not help they assume all marijuana will be like that.

I am fortunate enough to live in a legal state so I am familer with the different strains. I would recommend marijuana to anyone who thinks it might help them. I'm sure it can't help everyone but it's worth a shot and it safer then Xannax. It does a lot to help me personally and times are changing. People now know it's not as bad they once said.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 2:24 pm

F10ona1 wrote:
I think many people don't understand that medical marijuana is high in CBD, and the psychoactive ingredient - THC has been breed out of the strains being used for medical use.

Incorrect. The vast majority of medical marijuana strains in Canada's world leading medical marijuana system is comprised of mid and high THC strains, though there are a good number of high CBD and 1:1 THC/CBD strains. Both CBD and THC have their own medical benefits just like all the other cannabinoids and terpenes found in cannabis.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 2:28 pm

F10ona1 wrote:
It has nothing to do with refer madness or getting high!

You're using reefer, and it's known to cause paranoia. Teatotalling is not bad advice.

Ask a proud breeder about the pedigree, and see if it is possible -- based on your own best judgment -- to differentiate, between indica, sativa, and ruderalis, anymore.

Read about labs, which made the news, and see whether they are competent, by default.

You're being reasonable, to ask these sorts of questions, first, but this is ultimately a risqué behavior. That requires you to be more responsible than normal, or avoid it, altogether.