Every try medical marijuana for your ASD?

Page 4 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 6:05 pm

Noca wrote:
AnneOleson wrote:
I wrote a long message to you Claradoon and then hit the wrong button. If you want legal medicinal marijuana check the Health Canada website for proper companies. You can get CBD oil with little THC. But, from the legal companies, it doesn’t come in a manner that you can just put three drops under you’re tongue and it is absorbed. Because the oil is usually used to make edibles, the CBD oil is mixed with oils used in cooking. You use a syringe to measure the amount. It tastes absolutely horrible. I’ve tried mixing it with juice or yoghurt. Best way is to shoot to the back of your throat past your taste buds. Some companies now put it in a capsule which is better. You can only legally have a prescription at one company at a time, and the period is usually one year. So check out a variety of websites from the list. The company does not have to be in your own province. My cousin gets hers from Saskatchewan. Im in Ontario and get mine from here. But im stuck with the non-capsule form for a few more months. I’m hoping that once recreational marijuana is legal, that the medical companies get a bit more creative and do the quick absorbing CBD. I don’t want to smoke or vape it.

Actually you can legally have as many different Liscensed Producers as your doctor fills out forms for, you just need one form per LP. I know someone who has 11 different ones at once. My clinic I went to only does 1 but that is only because they can't be bothered to fill out more than 1 authorization form, not because the law limits them in any way. The changes coming with legalized recreational cannabis will also come with changes to the medical system allowing patients to take their authorization form to other LPs. Currently LPs cannot return your authorization form once you give it to them.

As for the taste of CBD oil, compared to alcohol, it doesnt taste that bad at all. Cooking with LP oils is actually a waste of your oil as the cooking process wastes cannabinoids, though you could easily add it to food once its cooked, it isnt like cannabis adds any meaningful flavour to food. I use LP's CBD oil from Aurora under my tongue and it kicks in within seconds no problem. Oil made with MCT oil such as coconut oil kicks in quicker than oil made from other sources.

As for checking Health Canada's website, that only lists Liscensed Producers to chose from once you have a authorization form, it doesnt help a patient find a doctor willing to prescribe it in the first place, that is what the lift website link I sent was for.

Interesting! I had had two authorization forms and then reading the regulations again came across it being illegal. I was lucky, my GP was fully supportive, so,I figured out where I wanted to sign up my GP did the form. Ive tried from Tweed and Cannatrust. I’ll try it under my tongue again, but didn’t find it fast acting. Ill just have to get used to the taste. Alcohol is ok!!

FallingDownMan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Feb 2018, 12:51 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I don't plan to take medical marijuana for anything. I read that it can cause CVS (chronic vomiting syndrome). It's bad enough that almost every other drug has nausea as a side effect, and even if I don't have any bad side effects from the pills I take now, I could end up having them later, even years from now. That's what I heard on TV the other night.

If you have to take medication on a daily basis, you have to live in constant fear of what reactions or side effects you could get from it. If you don't take it, you have to live with your body and mind being out of control. It's a lose-lose situation. :(

This is wrong. One of the medicinal uses of marijuana is calming the nausea caused by chemotherapy. It is also used to increase appetite. Ever hear of the munchies?

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 9:10 pm

FallingDownMan wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:
I don't plan to take medical marijuana for anything. I read that it can cause CVS (chronic vomiting syndrome). It's bad enough that almost every other drug has nausea as a side effect, and even if I don't have any bad side effects from the pills I take now, I could end up having them later, even years from now. That's what I heard on TV the other night.

If you have to take medication on a daily basis, you have to live in constant fear of what reactions or side effects you could get from it. If you don't take it, you have to live with your body and mind being out of control. It's a lose-lose situation. :(

This is wrong. One of the medicinal uses of marijuana is calming the nausea caused by chemotherapy. It is also used to increase appetite. Ever hear of the munchies?

It can in rare cases cause cannabinoid induced hyperemesis in those who have used heavily at high doses for years. Just because it has the potential to occur doesnt mean that it will. Most people can use it without a problem. It is just that if it does occur you will at least be able to recognize what is going wrong and take the approproate action.

Cannabis though typically helps nausea/vomiting, in acute overdoses can also cause vomiting. It has a biphasic response curve for a number of indications. For example in low doses THC can help anxiety while in high doses it can make it worse for some people.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 9:39 pm

How many times does one have to do it before it does anything? After two joints I just got sore throat and lungs. Couldn't stop coughing it out, so maybe that's why it didn't do anything. Haven't done it since.

c0r
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Feb 2018, 10:18 pm

medical marijuana gets you less angry, it makes you stop hating people that have screwed you over and puts this f it feeling in your system.

its great for working out. recovery time improves and it makes menial tasks like working out.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 11:28 pm

Redxk wrote:
How many times does one have to do it before it does anything? After two joints I just got sore throat and lungs. Couldn't stop coughing it out, so maybe that's why it didn't do anything. Haven't done it since.

Each strain and each batch is different. If one strain doesnt work, try another. Make sure to give high CBD cannabis a try as well as it produces a very different effect to high THC cannabis. I don't smoke, I use a vaporizer. It used to make me cough a lot when I first started but after like a month or so of daily use I stopped coughing. Take a sip of water before you inhalr, that will help with the coughing.

c0r

25 Feb 2018, 1:48 am

yes, it is important to do your cannabis homework and fine what works. i would suggest buying indica weed for anxiety and pain and recovery if you push your body when u work out

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2019, 7:48 am

One of the negative consequences of medical/recreational marijuana is the effect on traffic accidents:

According to the Insurance Journal, crashes are up by as much as 6% from 2012 to 2017 in Colorado, Nevada, Oregon and Washington. Colorado and Washington legalized recreational marijuana use in 2012. Oregon followed suit in 2014, and in 2016 Nevada did as well.

In many cases the driver combined marijuana with prescription drugs or alcohol, which can make the behavioral effects greater.

In the French study the researchers tested 15 regular cannabis consumers and 15 occasional consumers who typically smoked either one or two joints a day or one or two a week, respectively.

The researchers collected participants’ blood at numerous intervals over a 24-hour period before and after the participants smoked either a placebo, or marijuana with either 10 or 30 milligrams of THC. The participants’ samples were tested for THC and the metabolized versions of the drug. They tested subjects' reaction times and driving performance in a simulator at intervals throughout the 24-hour period.

The researchers found that the effects of the marijuana came immediately but subjects experienced the full effects five hours after they smoked the joints, said Jean-Claude Alvarez, of Hôspital Raymond-Poincaré, AP-HP in Garches, France. He added that effects diminish after about eight hours in chronic users and about 13 hours in occasional users.

THC tended to make drivers' reflexes and reactions slow. Vision was also impaired.

Source: Driving While Stoned May Be An Insurmountable Legal Problem

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2019, 11:37 am

Considering people are sleeping at the wheel of 700hp Teslas & using iPhones at 85mph, I'm more concerned about people in general than what's in their bodies. I think the problem is that everyone constantly needs to be somewhere & they don't rest up or otherwise prepare for any drive. A lot of people get enough medical benefits from cannabis that it could make them safer as long as they're not getting really stoned. These studies ignore the statistical middle ground & myopically focus on risk. I live in Colorado, road rage & incompetence are vastly larger problems than Marijuana most days.

Dangerous drivers here aren't usually smokers of any kind unless they're into something harder than weed. I'm more afraid of the entitled idiots who don't know what Bluetooth is for.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

OopsReality
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Nov 2019, 7:23 am

Cannabis helps with autism, there is no doubt about it. Whenever I become overstimulated or anxious, smoking just a little bit will really calm me down. It’s a very nice feeling considering how fast my mind and my body is moving constantly. I feel like I'm more me now and a lot more tolerable to other people. I tend to hyper focus on stuff that really means very little to me. Like how to automate something at work or the political happenings of the world. I don't want to spend my life focusing on all that, I have medical card california and weed helps me relax and enjoy my free time. Without it my mind would constantly be at work but when I get home I can smoke a bowl and enjoy a video game or meditate or go for a run without all my thoughts focused on whatever bs I need to figure out in life. Thank you fellow ent for letting me know I'm not alone.