Every try medical marijuana for your ASD?

Page 2 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 2:28 pm

F10ona1 wrote:
It has nothing to do with refer madness or getting high!

You're using reefer, and it's known to cause paranoia. Teatotalling is not bad advice.

Ask a proud breeder about the pedigree, and see if it is possible -- based on your own best judgment -- to differentiate, between indica, sativa, and ruderalis, anymore.

Read about labs, which made the news, and see whether they are competent, by default.

You're being reasonable, to ask these sorts of questions, first, but this is ultimately a risqué behavior. That requires you to be more responsible than normal, or avoid it, altogether.

MickeyT2008
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 May 2017, 7:55 pm

I've never tried medical marijuana, I've been buying and smoking weed for about 25 years though. It really helps when I'm stressed or angry, as soon as I have a smoke my mood changes completely and I'm able to put whatever the problem is behind me or at least stop blowing it out of proportion. It's nice when nothing's bothering me too of course. The main drawbacks are it makes me less motivated and of course it costs me money. I like it but smoking it all the time just becomes doing nothing else much in my life so it's important to have my priorities straight, a smoke in the morning means nothing gets done other than rolling more joints and the occasional fridge raid.

F10ona1
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 May 2017, 4:15 pm

I just hate the idea of taking some nasty chemical drugs for anxiety patented by some big pharmaceutical company to make them loads of money.

I'd much rather take a herb that is natural. Especially as it seems the evidence is growing that it helps.

Loukastro
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jan 2018, 5:51 am

I have a pretty intensely long history with chronic low back pain post 2 failed back surgeries, have posterior tibial tendinitis in both ankles, had four unrelated foot surgeries, have arthritis in both hands, have had 2 right knee surgeries and here's what I have to say about medical marijuana products like this here in bonzaseeds.com/blog/lemon-diesel/.. some of it is like using whatever over the counter stuff works best for your pain if there is something that does. Some isn't made with any THC and some is (depends on who is making it). You can get either one. If for any reason you have to drug test don't do it having had used something with THC in it. Whether it works for one person or not is probably pretty subjective though I have heard a lot of people say it does work for their discomforts. I find it helps my hands/fingers re arthritis. For my low back I often use a Thermacare heatwrap (has magnets) and that seems to help me quite a bit. I don't think medical marijuana properties or ointment is snake oil tho I would suggest getting it from a reputable collective or person knowledgeable in this industry. Good luck!! !! Whatever helps you to keep moving and stay functional and isn't creating worse problems for you! Medical marijuana products is pretty benign from what I can tell so if it works for you that's great!

Goldilocks
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jan 2018, 5:54 am

I used to smoke weed but instead of suppressing sensory issues, after a while it aggravated them

Tibergrace
Raven
Raven

24 Jan 2018, 6:44 am

It's legal on a recreational level where I live. I don't think it helps any of my aspergers symptoms.

Some strains have helped with my chronic back and rib pain (I've had a lot of my ribs broken), and knee pain. White widow worked pretty well. Other strains don't help the pain so much and on top of that exacerbate some of my PTSD symptoms. For any strains I've tried, microdosing is ideal for me, but I don't smoke it very often. Emotionally speaking, sometimes it calms me down, sometimes it does the opposite.

I have yet to try low THC high CBD strains.

gscwubwubwub
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jan 2018, 9:54 am

I medicate daily and I don't miss life without it. I didn't really smoke until after I left the Navy and for a while the anxiety was so bad I couldn't talk to anyone or do any shopping. I can if I intake some CBD oil or smoke a joint though. Then I get hungry and can eat without vomiting (sorry for the gross out). Weed helps with my focus issues more than prescriptions ever did, too, and without the panic attacks that can come with Adderall and the like.

Marijuana isn't for everyone but for some of us it's a way to feel a little bit closer to comfortable. For others it's a literal lifesaver. Tbh it might be for me, too. I've been pretty close to giving up only to have that thc give me the change of perception I needed. Like a cold splash of water to the mind.

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 9:58 am

Sometimes I feel like I need it for a lot of things... Never tried it myself though but I had an ex-boyfriend who did smoke it.

thewho7
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jan 2018, 10:22 am

It helps a lot with my depression, although I end up stressing out when I don't know when I'll get more. Would love to live in a legal state.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 10:42 am

I live in a legal state & CBD helps me a lot.

The DSM says I have a 'marijuana use disorder' but herb practically saved my life. Funny how nicotine's not in there. There's no getting around persecution by the court of public opinion on this but I won't slap a price on the physical releif of pain & anxiety.

Before trying MMJ I had BAD sleep paralysis that routinely screwed up daily life. Some doctors would have me wake up from suffocating under my finniky brain stem just to remember immediately how awkward I am. MJ should be recognized psychiatrically but people make too much money lying about how it compares to pharmaceutical therapies.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Jan 2018, 11:59 am

I take prozac and xanax. I'd like to substitute Medical Marijuana for one or both of them. Does anybody know about substituting M for P and/or X ?

Tibergrace
Raven
Raven

24 Jan 2018, 1:57 pm

Claradoon wrote:
I take prozac and xanax. I'd like to substitute Medical Marijuana for one or both of them. Does anybody know about substituting M for P and/or X ?

I was on diazepam, another benzodiazepine, same class of drug as xanax.

I don't think that weed can replace the anxiety-calming of a benzodiazepine exactly, but that would also depend on your reaction to weed, the strain, why exactly you're taking xanax, etc.

The addiction and withdrawal of benzodiazepines is pretty bad, right up there with heroin/opiates. I would definitely take steps to be off of the xanax and replace it with something else, if it's something you take daily/multiple times a day. It's not a problem though if it's an "as needed" prescription and you don't use it every day.

I still use diazepam (valium) occasionally but since starting bupropion I haven't needed it nearly as often. Originally I needed diazepam multiple times a day, now I need it 1-3 times a week.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 11:44 pm

You can get medical marijuana for ASD???? :lol:

Nope.
Can't even get it if you're dying.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 11:52 pm

Actually, you know what really s**ts me?

Doctors giving out weed for ASD when you can't even get it for terminal cancer where I live, even when it's proven to help.

This world is f*****g f****d up.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 7:18 pm

Claradoon wrote:

Which province are you in?

CBD oil or high CBD cannabis can substitute for both of those drugs really well. I no longer use clonazepam for anxiety anymore, just sometimes for sleep. CBD oil eliminates my anxiety, used it to keep calm at a crowded funeral yesterday. Antidepressants never helped my mood anyway but Cannabis in general helps though it requires a number of redosing throughout the day. I'd prolly recommend it in combination with cognitive therapies and exercise in order to replace antidepressants if you were relying on them for depression.

If you are in Ontario, try looking up Bodystream clinics, they connect you with doctors who write ACMPR medical cannabis prescriptions and the appointment is covered by OHIP. If you dont live in Ontario you can use lift to find a cannabis friendly clinic near you to get a prescription. https://lift.co/clinics

It is really easy to get a script here if you have medical documentation of your condition and have tried a number of other treatments already.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 9:39 pm

CBD oil doesn't seem to do anything for my anxiety.
What dosage and concentration are you using?