Page 4 of 19 [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next

slave
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2015, 7:27 pm

aghogday wrote:
Oldavid wrote:

QFT:

"It takes a hard head and a soft heart to appreciate it"

That sums it up in a nutshell. But not a crazy one; smiles.

And trust me, the Zen ART of writing I put on the Internet,
is little of the flesh and blood that is me; always grounded
to earth in feet that are bare with sand in peace and passion.

There are three kinds of cats:

The inside cat that is pampered, spoiled, and FAT; and is mostly 'Jedi' Peaceful.

The outside cat that is 'SITH' IN NATURE, and fights with PASSIONATE WILL to survive.

And a mix of the Jedi and Sith CAT; THAT IS the inside outside cat.

I am an inside outside cat in balance; hard in physical nature
and passionate in spirit; with the ability to have a soft and
peaceful heart
too..:)

Jedi Sith am i..;)

And more....;)

Last month you were a fully enlightened Zen Master and now you're a......JEDI SITH :!: :!: :!:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

slave
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2015, 7:29 pm

Oldavid wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:
Half-life is demonstrable, and chemically sound way of dating. There are multiple method that can be used to date the same fossil. This is the scientific method at work.

Cyanobacteria exist today, you can witness bacteria evolve in real time. There are missing link fossils, like pre-mammalian ancestors. There are living fossil. The DNA record tells a story, not one where animal suddenly appear, adapted to their environment.

I wonder what does evolution have to do with your interest in the metaphysical? You implying a catalyst, a consonant metaphysical intervention, a Buddhist idea of inter-connectivity?

It seem to me your whole thing is to not suggest and alternate model but complain about the scientific consensus.

It is just all so vague, and I'm not sure why it bother you so much what other people think.
I am well aware of what a "half life" is. However, it is scientifically meaningless unless you know what the "original" constituents were.

Presently, I complain that the "scientific consensus" is not in the least "scientific"... that's enough for now.

What are your credentials that enable you to evaluate whether Science is scientific?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2015, 10:02 pm

Evolution is alchemy, and man's true alchemy is a boon to evolution.

So living, breathing, eating lots of cookies, one might not know exactly what they're doing in the heat or dullness of the moment but they'd be surprised at just how much is getting done.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2015, 10:16 pm

slave wrote:
aghogday wrote:
Oldavid wrote:

QFT:

"It takes a hard head and a soft heart to appreciate it"

That sums it up in a nutshell. But not a crazy one; smiles.

And trust me, the Zen ART of writing I put on the Internet,
is little of the flesh and blood that is me; always grounded
to earth in feet that are bare with sand in peace and passion.

There are three kinds of cats:

The inside cat that is pampered, spoiled, and FAT; and is mostly 'Jedi' Peaceful.

The outside cat that is 'SITH' IN NATURE, and fights with PASSIONATE WILL to survive.

And a mix of the Jedi and Sith CAT; THAT IS the inside outside cat.

I am an inside outside cat in balance; hard in physical nature
and passionate in spirit; with the ability to have a soft and
peaceful heart
too..:)

Jedi Sith am i..;)

And more....;)

Last month you were a fully enlightened Zen Master and now you're a......JEDI SITH :!: :!: :!:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

No.. no.. i'm a FREE VERSE poet..
so don't read me literAlly..;)
Seriously...:)

And to repeat.. i never said i am A ZEN master..
Someone else tells ME THAT TO MY FACE..:)
by observing my martial arts in action in a gym...
And above and beyond the alliteration of the
Sith JEDI APPROXIMATION thingy..
there is no label
for me, friend..i
am am i...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 12:50 am

aghogday wrote:

Of course they did, any chance you might be mistaking awe for piss taking. I mean, after reading your expansive claims of your "dance walking" and then witnessing the reality via your video, one must wonder at your levels of self perception.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 10:03 am

DentArthurDent wrote:
aghogday wrote:

Of course they did, any chance you might be mistaking awe for piss taking. I mean, after reading your expansive claims of your "dance walking" and then witnessing the reality via your video, one must wonder at your levels of self perception.

Meh, that is a very watered down version I present on the Internet to generate laughs. If you wanna find out how good I am at dance, you can call Seville Quarter in Pensacola FL, and ask any employee about the big guy with shades who dances Thursday nights and they WILL clue you in on what I am fully capable of friend..;)

And on top of that my wife gets too dizzy if she watches me at full speed to even videotape me, and that's a fact..:)

And if you wanna see the full extent of my strength you are welcome to view my nude art, if you really wanna see the flesh and blood muscle that LIVES under the oversized T-shirts I wear in public, as I don't need to flaunt my full speed skills of dance or muscles everywhere I go.

I choose to be a 'clown ninja' my friend, as well as whatever else moves my spirit for now.

Meanwhile, you are too afraid to show your face here while I dance naked in full bore male glory before the world, in restricted adult link of course, in free verse nude poetry that I share with high brow poets, to both their chagrin and delight around the world in the International Poetry club I hang with.

And on top of that, I just finish an 11,135 word epic free verse post, that the darkness of you helps to generate, my friend..;)

So please do keep fueling my creative fires, with your little attempts of personal attacks from a little man who is too afraid to show his face in public online..;)

I already have a good idea of how you look, by your words here, already, friend, photo or not; what is left of your spirit rings or not in your words here...

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 4:22 pm

slave wrote:
What are your credentials that enable you to evaluate whether Science is scientific?
Science has been well defined for thousands of years. Even in recorded history as far back as Aristotle it is the study and understanding of reality. Problem is that there have always been those who ignore, or fudge, the reality part of the definition to sell their egotistical daydreams as "science".

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 4:42 pm

There's yet another interesting little "quirk" about organic life.

Most amino acids have a property called chirality. Chirality is where a molecule is chemically identical but structurally has two forms, mirror images commonly described as "left and right handed" versions of the same molecule. Living organisms contain and use only one "handed" type of amino acid. When an organism dies all the aa's begin to revert to the "normal" or "natural" mix of left/right handed types.

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 6:07 pm

aghogday wrote:
And on top of that my wife gets too dizzy if she watches me at full speed to even videotape me, and that's a fact..:)
I believe that. I get dizzy with your verbal antics. I can only imagine that your physical antics would be at least as astonishing. Your wife must be a national treasure. :heart:

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 7:32 pm

Oldavid wrote:
aghogday wrote:
I believe that. I get dizzy with your verbal antics. I can only imagine that your physical antics would be at least as astonishing. Your wife must be a national treasure. :heart:

Truly, wife Katrina is a saint, and still equally gorgeous, with a 'disorder' of never aging, at 45, and I can even prove that in 'cloud facts', as I take a picture, a random one of clouds, for my latest, 11K-plus, free verse poetic post, and her face 'magically' appears in the clouds, as verified by her.

And it's time to put some more heart, soul, and expressed spirit to celebrate both the unconditional love of my mother and my wife, for tommorrow's Mother's day post; as you might imagine, my wife is a mighty strong woman, to openly share the fact that I share my nude art with some of my 21 year-old or so, very open minded gorgeous dance partners at Old Seville Quarter, as no one dances like I do in my free verse nude poetry, anywhere in the world, per UNIQUE, AS strange ART can get..;)

But what can I say; it's considered both high brow and low brow art, depending on how open-minded the art circle is that shares it; and yes, again, some of my dance partners are very open minded artists, of freest expression like me.

I stand upon the bones of many men and women, who give their life for freedom of expresion, and i celebrate that and honor that in the freest ways possible, both fearless and me..:)

And for me, per 'wRite' on topic that is precisely what life is; the full experience of heart and soul in connecting to other humans, and the rest of nature; and expressing full emotions of spirit to connect with others and nature in growing ways from birth to death.

When I die, I will be able to let go, knowing, I lived, and that is much more than I can say for the last two years in art, as compared to the previous 52, in a deck of cards of robot mechanical cognition mind, where so-called normal people literally compare the way I express myself to a frigging computer; that OMG, I am dim-witted enough in social cogniton then, to take as a 'Sheldon Cooper', DUH compliment.

I've lived a life of science, and to grow to, IN, and AS, Art of heART, and Soul expressed as spirit, is the bliss of life, I FEEL always, forevermore now..:)

And I encourage people here to pursue that if they care to, can, and or will..:)

But nah, the nude art thingy, is advance ART 9999..6666.. in FREE VERSE ART cLaSS..;)

Not everyone is either cut out, or in shape, for that kinda art, for sure..:)

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2015, 7:36 am

aghogday wrote:
Truly, wife Katrina is a saint,
That's credible.

Now we need to know what entirely random combination of elements is a saint. I'm sure that there are many parents out there who would like to know the secret. Perhaps someone will develop a "saint vaccine" to convert all impossible pricks into saints.

Ask Katrina for the recipe will you?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2015, 7:47 am

Aghoday speaks in metaphor.

All poets are like that. They are expanding upon what is "real."

What is "real is "real"--but could stand a little "artificial" embellishment.

It's understandable that those who think logically, scientifically, would find "embellishment of the real" to be somewhat irritating.

But we need this--we need this in order for there to be hope.

What is "purely real" is not good in many instances.

What we have to do is to expand from the "purely real."

Just like the pioneers in internet technology did.

What was "real" in 1995 is merely a speck of "real" today.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2015, 8:55 am

Oldavid wrote:
aghogday wrote:
Truly, wife Katrina is a saint,
That's credible.

Now we need to know what entirely random combination of elements is a saint. I'm sure that there are many parents out there who would like to know the secret. Perhaps someone will develop a "saint vaccine" to convert all impossible pricks into saints.

Ask Katrina for the recipe will you?

Oh goodness, DARKNESS, AND LIGHTNESS, the recipe for Saint Katrina is an easy loving one and a hard one too.

It starts with a poor mother looking for love and that mother's single mother finding love in her children and several prospective coming fathers for Katrina's mother, for a whole brood of step brothers and sisters; living in a small home, still poor, relying on each other for survival, and then the basic morals and ethics provided by the fundamentalist Christian way of life in our Patriarchal Christian area, in North Florida; that while far from perfect, still 'talks' to the merits of Unconditional Love.

Katrina's mother, is far too chronically socially stressed, to give her Unconditional Love; but in the extended family she finds that through her grandmother, who she is attached to like Apron strings, with the sibling rivalries ongoing for subsistence; that are not always pretty, of course.

Tough Love, is the way of learning an Unconditional Love that will never leave here or her siblings; as now her older sister plays that role by raising the children of her other sister who dies from cancer, now in another small home, on the same piece of land; with little to no income; but the front porch is still there across the railroad tracks, and the connection of Love of scores of offspring, now generated from Katrina's very troubled single mother, ARE STILL HELD TOGETHER ON THAT PORCH OF LIFE, BY UNCONDITIONAL TOUGH LOVE.

So yeah; that quality AND QUANTITY of Tough Unconditional Love is what gives Katrina the strength to stay with me during the real tough times, when the Unconditional Love that lives in me gifted by my Saint Mother, who gets the gift of Tough Unconditional Love from her 'poor' SAINT Mother, is extinguished in me, from the 'RIGOR MORTIS' OF chronic social stress FROM the modern machine oriented work world WITH SOULLESS CREATURES WITHOUT HEARTS, named as humans, OFTEN BEHIND THE CURTAINS OF THIS MODERN OZ of HELL.

Yes, Katrina does her best to nurture a human that loses their heart, soul, and expressed spirit for five long years of Zombie death AND ILLNESS, numbering 19, in synergy of life threatening, stress related ones. And that tough love from her childhood, in part, with all the other folks who inspire me back to life, eventually makes both her and me, the winners in a Life of Unconditional Tough Love that is truly possible, for success in Unconditional Loving LIFE, for those FOLKS with strong enough LIVING WILLS to make it through to the other side of LOVE.

So yeah, the recipe is Hard Love; Love so Hard that it is worth it every now to simply; LOVE HARD AND SOFT.

So yeah, LOVE IS THE BATTLE FIELD, AND 'THE SAINTS' ARE THE WINNERS OF THE BIGGEST WAR OF LOVE THAT IS
NAMED AS HUMAN LIFE OR NOT, IN WHATEVER IS LEFT, OF LIFE FOR NOW AS LOVE.

TRULY, some folks are not part of that world of TOUGH Unconditional LOVE, and they may never get it; and I can only call
that HELL ON EARTH, looking through the mirror of ALICE IN WONDERLAND OF LOVE OR NOT.

AND this video describes it well,

for those who have experienced

this fuller experience

of living AND LOVING life.

'WIDE AWAKE' IS POSSIBLE.

And yeah; at one point in my life,

I AM 'THE woman' trembling,

in death IN LIFE,

in a wheel chair;

JUST LIKE THAT.

AND NOW, I TOO; AM WIDE AWAKE IN THE BLISS OF THE GARDEN OF EDEN,
GIFTED BY THE GOD OF NATURE, IN THE TAPESTRY OF THE ARTOFALLTHATISFORNOW.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2015, 8:58 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Aghogday speaks in metaphor.

All poets are like that. They are expanding upon what is "real."

What is "real is "real"--but could stand a little "artificial" embellishment.

It's understandable that those who think logically, scientifically, would find "embellishment of the real" to be somewhat irritating.

But we need this--we need this in order for there to be hope.

Thanks Kraftie Kortie; that's a perfect poetic expression
of explanation that is worth quoting
FOR me..<3

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2015, 9:25 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Riii-ghhh-toh! So reality changes to suit your convenience? You may be surprised to know that it's not a novel idea. But reality is remarkably unamenable to the fancies of egotists. It remains what it is despite yearnings and assertions to the contrary.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2015, 4:10 pm

Oldavid wrote:
slave wrote:
Science has been well defined for thousands of years. Even in recorded history as far back as Aristotle it is the study and understanding of reality. Problem is that there have always been those who ignore, or fudge, the reality part of the definition to sell their egotistical daydreams as "science".

The reader will undoubtedly notice that you declined to answer my question. You refusal to do so is quite revealing.

and....Problem is that there have always been those who ignore, or fudge, the reality part of the definition to sell their egotistical daydreams as "religion and or creation science and or intelligent design".