Page 1 of 50 [ 799 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 50  Next

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 11:48 am

Just finished my morning trike ride.

According to My Tracks (android app) I did 23 miles in 3:18:47. I climbed 1,754 ft and I burned 633 calories.

I really needed the calorie burn. I've become quite the fat bashtid this last semester.

Monday, I'm getting a 2-speed crank for the terra trike. I should be able to cover a lot more ground after that! :twisted:

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2015, 5:18 pm

...wow. No wonder you guys are so outta shape! :P

Today I got a quick ride in between thunderstorms.

I did 10 miles in 1:23:53 and burned 254 calories.

Then I went home and had a huge bowel of chili and two beers... :oops:

EDIT:
Actually, I had a huge bowl of chili.

Now, I have a bowel of chili. :wink:

Hoggy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 May 2015, 9:43 am

Well today i did a couple of sets of weighted pullups , then some barbell curls and finally a little bit of working on my abs. I've seen a few vids on you-tube and copied two of the exercises for a section section of your abs. I'm going to follow the YouTube workout.

Thats about it really, i need to order some more weights as i dont have enough for everything i use.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2015, 6:35 pm

I went to Tag Rugby training again tonight, aka sprinting for 90 minutes.

LyraLuthTinu
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2015, 6:50 pm

Yay, thread for me, I just joined a gym last month

:)

So last night I did 20 min of yoga/pilates fusion, 25 min on stationary bike, 10 sets per weight increase of 5# going from 25# to 50# on the abs crunch and torso twist weight machines, and 25 on the treadmill at 3.5 mph 5% incline.

Next time I'll try to remember to post directly from the treadmill, as it has an internets screen. :D

I got home at 10 p.m. and NT hubby was mad at me for not wanting to spend time with him (I invited him to library and to join me at gym but he won't come). :( He was still mad when I left for work at 7 a.m.

Official diagnosis: Austism Spectrum Disorder Level One, without learning disability, without speech/language delay; Requiring Support

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2015, 12:41 pm

Hey workout buddies!! ! :D

Just got my trike back from the shop yesterday--had a new 2-speed crankset put on.

Anyway, I did 25.02 miles in 3:45:00 and climbed 1527ft according to My Tracks...

Man, my legs are burning!

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2015, 12:15 pm

Just finished 22 miles on a new route with some KILLER hills.

I can't walk.... of course, I couldn't walk before the ride either, so.....

:lol:

LyraLuthTinu
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2015, 3:43 pm

Did the two-and-a-half mile March of Dimes in North Tacoma today, as I do every year for the last four in a row now.

After all that time on the treadmill in the gym, it felt pretty easy! My right heel hurts, as does my left first metatarsal. I still think I fractured it in August of 2012 somehow, and didn't realize how bad the injury was until it was do late to get it taken care of by an orthopedist or podiatrist.

But probably won't go to the gym today, as daughter wants to do library and hubby wants to do dinner and a movie at a friends' house.

Socializing, again. Yikes. Fortunately all five people know I'm freaky. I think only hubby and daughter know why...not sure if hubby has used the word "ass-burgers" in conversation with these particular friends yet.

I would rather go to the gym and wear out every muscle in my back, legs and shoulder girdle pumping iron! But I will try to smile and act normal. For hubby. Because he does so much for me. :|

Official diagnosis: Austism Spectrum Disorder Level One, without learning disability, without speech/language delay; Requiring Support

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2015, 4:23 pm

Today I done some practical exercise, dragging logs, chopping wood and making a wood pile. Its a good way to release frustrations and anger :ninja: .

Hoggy

16 May 2015, 7:19 pm

I ordered some more weights, which have now arrived. My new focus is getting my bicep sizes the same, as my left arm was nearly an inch bigger then my right arm. From when i badly broke my right arm - Took 8 months to heal and i couldn't drive for 6 months, i have like 12 pins in there. So that's why it so weak in comparison. Then when i was just starting to work out again i had a car crash and 6 months whiplash. So fingers crossed i wont have a setback this time, as i never seem to be able to get passed 6 months of training before something happens and i go back to square one.

So what i have been doing today a couple over times is just using dumbbells, starting on your weaker arm then doing the same amount of weight and reps as you could on your weaker arm with your stronger one - even if you could lift heavier or more reps.

Seems to be working theirs about a .5-6 difference now. :)

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 11:10 am

Got up early and did 17.48 miles in 2:31:50 on my trike. Phone app says I burned 479 calories...

It was nice a cool this morning. Just me and a few cows, some ducks at the lake, one rabbit and a cat... everything smelled like honeysuckle (except for the parts that smelled like cow poop).

It was a nice ride.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 12:48 pm

That sounds nice Goonsquad.

Ran 5k this morning around a forested island, over uneven terrain and took in some hill work too.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 5:22 pm

So, this morning I set out to do my usual 17.5 mile trike circuit....

I headed north.

HOWEVER, about 4 miles in, the bolt for my left pedal mount snapped and the pedal fell off. I carry a pretty big tool kit with tubes and stuff, but I did not have another bolt. What I did have was a roll of gorilla tape.

I managed to tape the pedal mount back on to the crank. I could really only pedal with my right leg, and I had to keep it in low gear and walk up hills, but it was MUCH better than walking all the way...

So, when I finally got home, I went and bought four new bolts. I replaced the existing pedal mount bolts and NOW I do have two spares in my tool kit.

Anyways.... about 01:30 I decided to try for another ride. This time I went south first. At the southern end of my circuit, there's a big lake/municipal park and just outside the park there's a collection of food trucks/trailers.

There's a new Mexican shaved ice/ice cream thing (I haven't tried), a truck that serves chili-dogs and deli sandwiches, a taqueria, and a Hmong/chinese place.

I planned to get some fresh rolls (sticky rice, lettuce/mint, shrimp, etc., rolled in rice paper) for lunch. But when I got there, all the parking spots in front of the Hmong trailer were full, so I parked in front of the taqueria.

I caught a whiff of awesomeness from the taco stand and I just couldn't resist. I ended up having three chorizo tacos. DAMN! They were good, but not very helpful in my quest to lose weight. :(

On the upside, I did resist the urge to go back and try the lengua tacos and I did do my full 17 mile track...

From now on, I think I need to stay away from the lake at lunch time. :oops:

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 6:04 pm

I'm just back from another Tag Rugby training session. I have to do more long distance running, build up more speed in my sprints, learn how to catch and throw and get over my fear of the ball and of being stampeded. Its not a lot really, I haven't taken on too much :P.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2015, 3:52 am

Bump,

A 5k Run, a mix between jogging and sprints, with more hill work and some cross country. My body is so tired afer training yesterday, but, I have to build up more speed for my sprints on the pitch, and this will help.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2015, 3:53 pm

^^^ I go to school with a girl who does rugby... Maybe I should checkout a match.

Just got back from two laps around the lake--barely missed a thunderstorm too.

did 15.31 miles in 2:19:33, burning 419 calories...

And, I resisted the call of the taco truck!! !! 8)