Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

26 Mar 2007, 12:32 am

I decided I want to go back to school but I don't know what I want to be. I'd like to go to school to be something so I can make better money and not be poor. I think of my interests but I can't decide what I want to be. I don't want to be on SSI for the rest of my life. I don't want to work making little money just above minamum wage for the rest of my life and not afford to go anywhere far. I'd like to go back to Europe and see London again, I'd even like to go to Australia.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2007, 12:34 am

What kinds of work would you like to do?

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

26 Mar 2007, 1:35 am

I want to learn how to fix computers, I'd like to work in speciel ed with kids with special needs, I'm interested in learning about filmaking, I'd like to be in a movie, I'd like to work in a daycare.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2007, 1:39 am

likedcalico wrote:
I want to learn how to fix computers, I'd like to work in speciel ed with kids with special needs, I'm interested in learning about filmaking, I'd like to be in a movie, I'd like to work in a daycare.

Except for being in a movie, there are plenty of universities and technical colleges that offer classes in the career paths you listed.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Nightcry
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Mar 2007, 3:08 am

If you have experience with special ed kids it wouldn't be so hard.
They let me volunteer when I turned 14 to help take kids on day trips and all.
But even if you have no experience there's training that can be done. Some places here in Au even offer it for free.
If you can get a place volunteering, maybe take some training you could work your way up to a full time paid job in one of these places. My brothers go to them all the time so I know all the organizations near myself but I wouldn't know any near you...

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2007, 3:51 am

Being in a movie is easy. Getting paid a reasonable amount for it is not.

For the others, you need to make a choice - tech school (for computer repair)
or college. If the latter, you can attend without having an absolute goal, at least
for a while. That way you could take some filmmaking, acting, and psychology (towards a social work or education degee)classes, thereby beefing up your gen-ed requirements. Then, if you find one which outshines the rest, you can concentrate.

zombie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2007, 5:08 am

likedcalico wrote:

FILMAKING I love that, i am just getting started though, next year im going off to film school to become a movie director better than spielberg.

Donate to the Help make a Film Foundation
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

26 Mar 2007, 5:28 am

zombie wrote:
likedcalico wrote:

FILMAKING I love that, i am just getting started though, next year im going off to film school to become a movie director better than spielberg.

Not if I do first! :twisted: :D :P

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there