Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 1:46 pm

Yes. I get it. McDonald's is evil. :roll:

Where I live there are at least 10 times as many Tim Horton's as there are McDonald's, so maybe it's evil, too. I've never noticed anything really bad about the food in either places. Of course alcohol is fine, it's perfectly okay to be a complete boozehound and get drunk for 10 days straight if not all the time, being teetotal like me is weird, being a drunk glorified in every movie and TV show, and no one wants to shut down bars. No, they try to SAVE bars that are in danger of shutting down even when their kitchens are full of what looks like of rotting maggoty science projects gone wrong. JEEEEZ!! ! :wall:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 2:04 pm

alex wrote:
has nothing to do with the preservatives. McDonalds is a place to buy food. What you choose determines how healthy you'll be. There are plenty of options.

If you can call it food...the only thing on their menu I might eat is the salad if they even have that, but it's probably all GMO veggies with tons of pesticides so probably would opt to get a salad somewhere else anyways or just go to the store and get my own stuff to make one. But its hardly just McDonald that is unhealthy, I don't even particularly trust full sit down and eat restaurants...I mean you got no idea what the conditions in the kitchen are for one typically.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 2:10 pm

Yeah there is no way in hell I could have endured that study....don't even know if I could survive it because I'd end up puking and crapping everything out and starve most likely. It does not surprise me at all that 10 days of straight Mcdonalds would have some nasty effects on the body...I imagine on occasion it is probably not too harmful but a lot of people do eat Mcdonalds and other fast food on a regular basis which certainly cannot be healthy. I myself can't even stand most fast food on occasion without feeling sick.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 2:12 pm

AutumnSylver wrote:
alex wrote:
has nothing to do with the preservatives. McDonalds is a place to buy food. What you choose determines how healthy you'll be. There are plenty of options.

It may not be only the preservatives, (they'll need to do more research to figure it out), but I'd be willing to bet money that they're at least partly responsible. Preservatives are designed to keep bacteria from growing. If you eat nothing but McDonald's food, they're bound to have an effect on the bacteria in your digestive system.
I'm studying microbiology in college and I have done preservative challenge tests in the lab.

And I agree about there being much healthier options out there. I call McDonald's "food" edible food-like substances. :lol:

I'd have to agree, even if its not the only cause the preservatives are certainly a factor, and yes edible food like substances seems a better description for their 'food'.