So I found it necessary to get this:

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2015, 8:29 pm

Of course the shipping was a little pricey beings it's handmade in Germany, but yeah I figured I needed one of these I got the green one:
When its cold out I can wrap the long part of the hood around like a scarf for more warmth, I initially had the renaissance festival in mind but I hardly mean to limit my wearing of it to that event...I imagine it will be quite nice in the winter.

Does anyone else have any non-typical clothing items, that you don't usually see a lot of people wearing? though technically I don't have it yet but it should be here by the end of the month.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2015, 8:58 pm

Well....I used to have a habit of collecting unusual clothing from op shops because I liked the material/texture/finishing details/buttons/pattern/construction etc.
I wouldn't actually wear them. Often they weren't even my size. Or anything like something I would actually wear. Maybe it was kind of a fetish. Like a 'petting zoo' in my wardrobe.
I came to my senses last year and donated them all to a charity.
I miss those clothes....

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2015, 10:12 pm

Not really. I have somebody's used boy scout shirt (with patches) and my BDU pants from the Air Force.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 1:04 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Does anyone else have any non-typical clothing items, that you don't usually see a lot of people wearing? though technically I don't have it yet but it should be here by the end of the month.

I have some extremely cool, over-the-knee, suede boots, that I LOVE to wear!! They have bright colors (fuchsia, orange, and gold-ish yellow)----I can't get ENOUGH color!!

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 1:47 pm

I wear armor... it's a comfort thing, makes me feel better.

I really like that cloak you got. If I wasn't so afraid of getting mine messed up, I'd wear it out more (satin, so it snags. I need a wool one)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 1:51 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

I have some extremely cool, over-the-knee, suede boots, that I LOVE to wear!! They have bright colors (fuchsia, orange, and gold-ish yellow)----I can't get ENOUGH color!!

Cool, I am thinking some suede boots would be a good thing to have...I may have to keep my eye out for some green ones, or black or brown would work.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 3:48 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Cool, I am thinking some suede boots would be a good thing to have...I may have to keep my eye out for some green ones, or black or brown would work.

Good idea----here's you some.....

These, but in brown (they have that renaissance look):

These, but with the heel like above:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://img.loveitsomuch.com/uploads/201411/23/20/2014%252520christmas%252520slouchy%252520suede%252520knee%252520high%252520round%252520toe%252520boots%252520with%252520cuff%252520edge%252520side%252520zipper%252520stacked%252520heel%252520for%252520g-f27427.jpg&imgrefurl=http://987860434.loveitsomuch.com/stores/2014-christmas-slouchy-suede-knee-high-round-toe-boots-with-cuff-edge-side-zipper-stacked-heel-for-g,1302761.html&h=900&w=601&tbnid=fNMoFdEgv_g7HM:&zoom=1&docid=5P48-ggJHF_NUM&ei=QUZaVdCyB8uuggT_p4HoAQ&tbm=isch&ved=0CEgQMyghMCE

Here's a "mountain woman" look (they're interesting, but I don't think they'd go with your cape):

These would go:

These are okay----but, maybe a little too dressy:

IMO, the first ones would be the BEST, in BROWN; or, the second ones, with a heel like the first ones.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 4:13 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Of course the shipping was a little pricey beings it's handmade in Germany, but yeah I figured I needed one of these I got the green one:

Is it bad that I want one?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 5:35 pm

kamiyu910 wrote:
I wear armor... it's a comfort thing, makes me feel better.

I really like that cloak you got. If I wasn't so afraid of getting mine messed up, I'd wear it out more (satin, so it snags. I need a wool one)

Well I finally got that cloak today...it is made of pretty strong/durable fabric, it is kind of long on me but that looks kind of cool and seems sturdy enough it can drag some. It's certainly not made of satin, though a lot are it seems.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 12:02 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well I finally got that cloak today...it is made of pretty strong/durable fabric, it is kind of long on me but that looks kind of cool and seems sturdy enough it can drag some. It's certainly not made of satin, though a lot are it seems.

Oh, my----I would've thought it would've been made of wool!

Did you see the boot pictures, I posted for ya?