Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Which kind of pizza crust do you prefer?
regular (medium thick, at most chain pizzerias) 17%  17%  [ 3 ]
thin crust 33%  33%  [ 6 ]
deep dish 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
stuffed crust 17%  17%  [ 3 ]
New York style (flexible crust, often folded) 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
I don't like pizza crust 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
I don't like pizza 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 18

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 9:46 pm

pick a crust

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 11:51 pm

I like "New York Style" pizza crust as well as average regular crust.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 9:08 am

A thin pizza crust for me.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 11:59 am

I prefer a crispy thin crust. Medium-thick crust is ok, but it's usually not crispy and I'd rather not eat that much bread. I prefer the pizza taste to be focused on toppings.

Now that I'm grain-free, I make my own pizza crust from besan (chickpea flour) and flax seed meal. It has to be thin crust. The flavor of besan is strong and so a thick layer of it is almost inedible for me.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2015, 1:09 am

Homemade hempseed and macadamia nut crust.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2015, 5:36 am

NY style, it's flexability and often huge size means I get to take longer to eat it, thus more enjoyment. :lol:
Peppering seasoning on it makes it like a secondary mini pizza.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2015, 8:00 pm

I like "thin-and-crispy"! I also like the cheese-filled kind, but it's too much to eat, at-one-time----cuz, like someone else said, I wanna concentrate on the pizza / toppings part----SO, what I do is, remove the pizza crust-end, and take them home and have them as "mozzarella sticks", with sauce, at a later time.

@ starkid: Since you're "grain-free", I thought you might like to try this pizza crust recipe that I have (it's thin and crispy):

Quote:
Cauliflower Pizza Dough

INGREDIENTS

1 pound cauliflower florets
2 eggs

PREPARATION

Preheat oven to 400°F.

In a food processor, process cauliflower until finely chopped.

In a microwave-safe bowl, cook cauliflower for five minutes or until tender. Place cauliflower in a towel, and squeeze out excess water so it is completely dry.

In a bowl, mix egg and cauliflower until well-combined.

On a parchment-lined baking sheet, spread cauliflower dough out until it resembles a pizza round. Bake for 40 minutes.

Top however you want and bake in a 450°F oven for 7 minutes or until cheese and toppings have baked.

Makes 1 pizza round

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 11:09 am

^ Sounds interesting. I wonder what it tastes like. Have you tried it yourself? I'm trying to be gluten free, too.

I never pay attention to the crust of pizza. I think I like any pizza as long as the toppings are good. But then I guess if the crust is horrible, I'm sure I won't like it. I think any good crust is acceptable. Someone (an Aussie woman who spent some time in Italy) told me that the real Italian pizza crust is thin. What we call pizza here in Australia is really non-pizza.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 11:28 am

Deep-dish is best ... for just one piece. But, unless you want your entire meal to be bread-based, thin-crust is best. That is my opinion, anyway.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 May 2015, 4:09 pm

I don't care for the crust much but my fave is thin or medium

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 5:11 pm

jk1 wrote:
^ Sounds interesting. I wonder what it tastes like. Have you tried it yourself? I'm trying to be gluten free, too.

I never pay attention to the crust of pizza. I think I like any pizza as long as the toppings are good. But then I guess if the crust is horrible, I'm sure I won't like it. I think any good crust is acceptable. Someone (an Aussie woman who spent some time in Italy) told me that the real Italian pizza crust is thin. What we call pizza here in Australia is really non-pizza.

Hi, jk1!!

YES, I HAVE tried it!! It's a little like..... If you can imagine if you could UNFOLD a "crunchy taco", and put PIZZA toppings, on there----BUT, that's only after you cook it, the FIRST time. After you put sauce, cheese, and whatever else, on there, and cook it, AGAIN, it softens-up----'cept for the end-part (the outer part----the part farthest from your mouth! LOL).

Yeah, I think I've got a gluten problem, cuz my skin is almost like sandpaper----and, has gotten WORSE since I started eating Whole-wheat!!

Always nice talking to you.....

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 7:25 pm

I tried to make a vegan version of the cauliflower crust pizza a few weeks ago. It was a disaster. I boiled the cauliflower (for a bit too long, most likely), and couldn't get all of the water out. After I pulled it out of the oven, it was a gooey mess, and it just tasted like wet cauliflower.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 8:20 pm

I like regular crust the best. I grew up on regular crust and it brings back the happier memories from my childhood.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 6:21 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
Hi, jk1!!

YES, I HAVE tried it!! It's a little like..... If you can imagine if you could UNFOLD a "crunchy taco", and put PIZZA toppings, on there----BUT, that's only after you cook it, the FIRST time. After you put sauce, cheese, and whatever else, on there, and cook it, AGAIN, it softens-up----'cept for the end-part (the outer part----the part farthest from your mouth! LOL).

Yeah, I think I've got a gluten problem, cuz my skin is almost like sandpaper----and, has gotten WORSE since I started eating Whole-wheat!!

Thanks, Campin_Cat! I copied and pasted the recipe into a Word file so that I can try it sometime. I actually don't have a food processor. I'd first have to get one. Maybe eating that crust itself without anything on it might be nice?

It's very hard to be completely gluten free as it's in many things and they are usually tasty things.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 7:04 am

jk1 wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Hi, jk1!!

Thanks, Campin_Cat! I copied and pasted the recipe into a Word file so that I can try it sometime. I actually don't have a food processor. I'd first have to get one.

You're quite welcome!!

Actually, if you have a blender, and the blender has a "fine" speed, as so many do, nowadays, you could use that----just stir it (with the blender, OFF), if you need to, to make sure all the bits are getting-down, to the blade----and, don't put the whole pound in there, at once.

Also, if you have a strainer (NOT colander----I'm talking about close-knit wire mesh), you can scrape the cauliflower florets over it, and get a good result. It would take about a year-and-a-half, but it would be worth it, if you're anxious to try the recipe (as I often am, with a new one)----plus, it would save you the cost of a food processor, if it was determined you didn't like the crust.

Maybe eating that crust itself without anything on it might be nice?

It IS----it's almost like eating chips ("crisps" to Brits)----but, be careful, they're VERY sharp!!

It's very hard to be completely gluten free as it's in many things and they are usually tasty things.

Yes, and also, gluten is in alot of toothpastes, OTC medications, etc.----alot of "hidden" places.

@starkid: I'm so sorry it didn't work-out for you----maybe, try ONE more time, using THIS recipe?

roteiro
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 May 2015, 7:30 am

Great article here! I love Italian cuisine. I like to cook some too. I like some pizzas from http://foodjj.com website. This is my favourite recipe indeed. Very tasty