Veteran

10 Jun 2015, 1:50 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
Gauldoth wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Gauldoth wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Gauldoth wrote:
And if there were any doubts that you're only here to try and sell a political agenda, this comment should be all it takes to disperse them.

If I'm here to sell any particular agenda then I choose the gay agenda..

1.) First we take your most delicious meal; brunch.
2.) TBD..

*fap* *fap* *fap*

Look, kid, just give up, will you? Aspergers are rationalists by nature, they're not gonna fall for your PC bs, and they're certainly not gonna act as grunts/footsoldiers for your cause like so many other low-status, disgruntled males have been so eager to do in the past. :roll:

*fap* *fap* *fap* *fap* *fap* :roll:

I see you're accusing people of masturbating over in this thread too.

Interesting.

Nope.

He's masturbating over a bunny.

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jun 2015, 1:03 am

The problem is no matter how hard nice guys try to get attention online, feminists are always going to rise to the top of every search engine, because feminists have been whining 24/7 about nice guys for the last decade.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2015, 2:36 am

I started a thread about the whole thing recently, then didn't get a chance to get back online to post in it till just now. Nothing interesting there though, really.

I do think that lots of people use those labels to blame other people for their own problems though. I'm a "nice guy" and all the "alpha males" get the girls so I'm SOL type of thinking. Who knows. I always felt that way about very pretty girls, even though I had mine and two other girls share of dates back in the day. Nobody is ever really satisfied with themself and you always wish you could do something you can't, so that's just life I guess.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 3:38 pm

Being a 'nice guy' is all about perspective & a persons personality type.

For me, a nice guy is loyal, reliable, loving & considerate.

Some other people might think a nice guy is someone who is 'sexy' or rich, or who is good in bed (whatever that means), or who has good humour or is sensitive or whatever.

Alpha males are typically leaders. They have qualities like strength and leadership and good management skills, confidence and the like. They are assertive and compete to 'dominate' other people often.

Then there are 'wannabe' alpha males who are usually the not-so-nice, nasty folk.

Feminists can be nice - it depends on the feminist. I've met a a nasty feminist or two, but there are nice feminists out there. Feminism is fundamentally about equality - but there are factions of feminism that are basically just the 'ying' (misandry) to the 'yang' (misogyny) and they do feminism a disservice.

By being a misandrist, a person basically gives credence to misogyny by justifying it. Men will hate misandry just as much as women hate misogyny. Respect is a two-way street.

Nice girls can be reliable but can be boring or 'unadventurous'.

There are pros & cons to every general category, but in reality, there aren't really even categories. Each category has a little of some other category in it, like a big mish-mash of attributes.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 1:39 pm

1) The problem with the nice guy term is that it can mean two different things.

A) A guy who is genuinely nice.

or

B) Nice guy in the sarcastic slang sense. A man who pretends to be nice because he believes that by doing so, he deserves a girlfriend and becomes aggressive or otherwise complains when this expectation is not met.

Due to this, whenever this term is used, there is often confusion and miscommunication. I agree with ditching this term.

2) I'll admit that my grievances with the term alpha male being used to describe human behaviour are on the pedantic side. The mating structures of animals can vary wildly from each other, so to simply state that alpha males are always on top throughout nature is inaccurate. Yet I've heard people do so and I know it shouldn't bother me - but a part of me wants to desperately talk about all the differences between social structures in different animals simply because I love talking about this topic. Problem is I find it difficult to stop. :lol:

Being an Alpha has drawbacks. It means that there is a target on your back because other animals will likely fight you to gain your title. There are cases where being unusual for a male is actually beneficial.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn ... d-of-prey/

I do have to question which animal structure people in such circles who use this type of terminology in reference to humans are referring to. Especially within Incel culture. They'll talk about Alpha, Beta, Omega and such yet they'll describe a world where women hold significant power over them. Personally I think hyenas would be a good example to use if you wanted to describe a matriarchal structured society where women decide your social worth since male hyenas have to leave their group fairly early on and find a new pack where the females of the group will either decide he's worthy and let him take residency in the pack or he'll have to keep searching. Often times I hear people making comparisons to wolves, but wolves don't even have an alpha / beta structure.

The only similarity that I've noticed in patriarchal systems is that the alpha tends to sleep with either the top females or will sleep with pretty much every female in the group, the betas have a sizeable group and the males on the bottom of the chain tend to have one or two mates for life. I've heard people talk about how being on the bottom of the hierarchy means guaranteed failure in this regard, but I think more accurately this tells us that animals of a similar social standing are more likely to mate with each other. When it comes to humans, it's difficult to make comparisons since we also have a unique social structure.

3) The term nice girl has the same problem as the term nice guy.

4) Feminism stands for equality for men and women. Sometimes it is twisted to mean other things, such as in cases of misandry. It's a complex topic and there are a lot of different branches and waves of feminism. Some I support, others I very much do not. I do identify with the term in the traditional sense, but I do not define myself as a radical.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 2:36 pm

This thread is older than dinosaurs.