Does anyone not have an exciting life story?

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 7:14 pm

Does anyone here feel like they have a boring life story or childhood/teenage history? I am 23 years old and even though I got a girlfriend I never had a formal part-time or full-time job and I'm still not 100% prepared to look for one. In my childhood, I took rules and morals very literally, so until I was a teen, I usually didn't watch/play anything that I know didn't have a G rating on it. I was not a trouble maker like the others boys my age at the time were "supposed" to be a little disruptive at times. I never understood the kids swearing and making graphic sex jokes when I entered middle school. My life in general was pretty sh*tty. I hope it can only get better.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 8:01 pm

My life is pretty boring, too. 54 years of boring LOL--And I've had over 30 lovers and have been working at the same job for 35 years.

I hope your life gets better, too. And if you use your mind well, it will.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 9:14 pm

Nope, sorry.. my life has been relatively exciting so far & I only intend to pick up the pace as time goes on.

I attended Tedx Vancouver last year & the biggest thing I took away from the day was to "Live a life's story worth telling," and that's exactly what I intend to do.

Hmm, that reminds me.. I really should do a little work on my kiteboard gear repairs this evening. Kiteboarding season is upon us already! 8)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 May 2015, 9:26 pm

My whole life's been pretty boring & I like it like that.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 9:32 pm

nick007 wrote:
My whole life's been pretty boring & I like it like that.

To each their own I suppose... but for myself: F*ck that.

I've led a pretty varied and interesting life so far. Went to business school, bartended in dive/biker bars, had a few close calls that could have been fatal, crashed some cars, did some things I'll never admit to lol, have had quite the sex life, had some businesses/partnerships in the past and will be an entrepreneur again, had a lot of fun with various board sports & about to get back into kiteboarding as the season just kicked off, have done many different jobs from drafting firetruck design plans to sales to building spreadsheets to construction etc etc. I don't really do boring very well for very long. Sure, I can get into a routine and have my times of doing a lot of studying/reading etc, but boring? No thanks! You can have my share of boring. :P

justanothersara
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 May 2015, 11:58 pm

My life was boring and I was very sheltered until I was in my teens. Then I decided I wanted to see what all the normal people were about. I sort of felt like an anthropologist. From there I found myself in some totally insane (good as well as bad) situations. It's not too late to set a course for adventure! :) You can find it in little things... exploring as far around you as you can, trying new things (to the best of your ability), picking up different hobbies and meeting the other people who are interested in them.

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2015, 3:21 am

eat
repeat

^there is my life story

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2015, 7:54 pm

It depends on what you consider exciting, like... stowing away on a real pirate ship!

I teetered on the edge of the wooden board, the point of the pirate captain's dagger dangerously close to my spine.

"Walk the plank, ye landlubbin' wench!" He rasped.
"Boys, you're too kind." I said. "I love a good swim, but this is ridiculous."
The captain and his crew cackled. They were a mangy lot, with their tattered, salt-sprayed clothes reeking of rum and tobacco, and teeth like they came from a place where good dental hygiene was banned by law.
"We likes our wimmens feisty," the captain said as he showed what few teeth he had in a scurvy smile. "But ye are not allowed on me ship. Now start walkin' at the count of three. One... two..."

The water far below was teeming with sharks, but unknown to the pirates I had a secret I would no longer be able to hide. I was a SHARK WHISPERER!
:lol:

...Okay, that was kind of stupid. But it would have been exciting if it actually happened. Which I'm glad it didn't.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2015, 9:15 am

K_Kelly wrote:
Does anyone here feel like they have a boring life story or childhood/teenage history? I am 23 years old and even though I got a girlfriend I never had a formal part-time or full-time job and I'm still not 100% prepared to look for one.

At your age, I was more or less in that situation, except I'd never come anywhere close to having a girlfriend. I was well aware the kind of lifestyle I was living made it all but impossible, as I had pretty much no way of meeting new people, no friends, never went out, and it seemed completely beyond my ability to change that.

It was precisely when I began to ponder what it would take for the idea of ever having a girlfriend to become something more than a bad joke when I realized I needed to make the rest of my life as exciting as possible, not just to impress a hypothetical future girlfriend, but for my own interest.

The problem was, I had no idea how to go about that. Most of the means people use to do interesting things were well out of my reach, and would stay so for a few years.

Long story short, I got desperate about those limitations and totally failed to achieve anything of what I wanted. The only thing I've managed is to waste much more time of my life I'd otherwise have to. Now I'm much older, and in a really shameful situation, with even fewer means to lead the rest of my life anywhere worth telling.

K_Kelly wrote:
In my childhood, I took rules and morals very literally, so until I was a teen, I usually didn't watch/play anything that I know didn't have a G rating on it.

I took rules and morals literally, too---how else are you supposed to take them? I do think, however, that they're often a filter to weed out the weak, who don't dare break the rules to their advantage, or do but get caught and punished, from the strong, who break the rules when it benefits them and manage to get away with it.

K_Kelly wrote:
I was not a trouble maker like the others boys my age at the time were "supposed" to be a little disruptive at times. I never understood the kids swearing and making graphic sex jokes when I entered middle school.

Neither did I. Especially the sex talk part, as I assumed, based on my own (non-)experience, that any sexual act other than masturbation was completely absent from their lives and was to stay that way for a good bunch of years, so it seemed pointless to me to even think about it.

K_Kelly wrote:
My life in general was pretty sh*tty. I hope it can only get better.

Good luck.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2015, 10:01 am

My childhood was quite exciting. There was no real rules in my house and if they were they were not straight. I was allowed to do something one time and then being punished for the same thing another time.

My parents didn't give a damn about what I am doing, especially dad was raising me the hard way: "Let her. She will hurt herself, she will learn." and mom was arguing with him that she doesn't want to fix my wounds later while I was taking my time to do whatever I wanted. I did hurt myself a lot and experienced a lot of various things. Death spared me a few times too.

I become more cautious when I reached high school age.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2015, 10:15 am

Well what do you mean by 'exciting'...depending on perspective it could be, or maybe not. Was born, endured public school where I faced much bullying and ostracism which negatively effected my mental health development, at age 15 I felt like such crap I tried to off myself. Then had to go to therapy, thought I had a good friend and she just ended up betraying that, tried getting me in trouble for something she did...that sucked. Then in the latter years of highschool there was a lockdown due to someone with a gun in the school, even killed a student that I knew....I guess that was some manner of 'exciting' but not really in a good way.

I have tried and not made it in college, but I did get a taste of 'college life', but over-all not really a ton of exciting stuff going on.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2015, 11:15 am

When I was younger, there's too many conflicts. Quite exciting, and not much as typical but never as boring. XD

At this present:
Just sitting, eating, and sleeping at home. Ah yes, how exciting... :evil:

If I don't have any needs at all, I could just get out of the house, walk far by foot, worry less about what to eat and when to sleep, and come back anytime I want.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2015, 12:50 pm

This was my Facebook status yesterday when I got home at 4:15am:

Quote:
What a day! Rear ended by a Kenworth truck - just a love tap, scored $100 for my fundraiser. :D grin emoticon Ripped to Squampton.. wind had just turned on but there were only 2 or 3 guys there and no staff so didn't kite. Went to Wreck to hangout until sunset. Met ppl from SUP Vancouver who are down to donate a paddle boarding lesson for charity. Met the "Mayor of Wreck Beach" (which is ironic considering I'm the "Mayor of Pervert Island" lol we should have a Mayors council meeting.) Listened to hippies play chill music, then ended up partying with a bunch of Irish lads. Cops (but no trouble), long hilarious walk, lolz at frat house douchebags and the stench of cheap cologne, kept the peace as long as I could.. then a brawl outside a frat house (wtf?), more cops (but no trouble) & one of the cops from earlier on let me know they found one of the boys sleeping in a Jeep by Wreck and took him to VGH but he was OK.. still, I stopped at VGH to double check on him and he had signed himself out by then so all good. Whoooooooo... just another day in the life! ZzZzZz

Oh, and also I had to circle the block to get home because there police cars still blocking the street after 2 people got shot 3 blocks away. I live in a fairly nice part of the suburb city I live in, and am only several blocks from the police station, a courthouse & pretrial jail... but there's a low level drug dealer gang turf war going on and this was around the ~30th shooting this year. Stupid dirtbags.

Slept by 5:20am, up at 9, at work for 11-3, beach for an hour or so, drove back, work 6-10 (super fun night, great music and people!) then went back to the University of British Columbia to check on the kid who ended up in the hospital. Happened to find him within minutes of arriving, hung out til 2am or so with him and a couple housemates.. home to crash, up for coffee & a bit to eat now, gonna check the weather and see about going kiteboarding for the early afternoon then back to Wreck Beach (seriously the most beautiful beach here all around.. clean sand and water, rainforest views, mountain views, the best sunset view etc - also eclectic funky people & it's the only clothing optional beach here.) for an evening tan and sunset w/ whatever hippies happen to be there.

Like the most interesting man in the world... I live vicariously.. through myself. :P

So, while this isn't my life's story... my life's story is pretty good so far! I think I posted earlier about going to TedX Vancouver last year and what I took away from the day by the first intermission was very simply to "Live a life's story worth telling." I very VERY highly recommend it! It's so much FUN! 8)

WednesdayWoe1
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Jun 2015, 10:23 pm

Some would definitely consider my life boring. I often do, as well, but to be honest, I also like it that way. I'm still not exactly where I want to be (but life is a work in progress, you know?) but I don't want to do things most people seem to want to do, or find the same kinds of things exciting. I mean, my life wouldn't make a very exciting movie (maybe it would for a mumblecore film or something haha) but I'm fine with that.

I hope your life gets better, though, K_Kelly.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2015, 3:56 pm

Welp, I wouldn't exactly call my life-story, "exciting"----but, I wouldn't call it "boring", either.....

"Eventful" seems to fit.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2015, 5:56 pm

I saw a whale once.

(Which isn't much until you hear it was bigger than the boat and it was in poking with a stick range.)