Single woman, 21, looking for boyfriend

Page 2 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Auras
Raven
Raven

07 Apr 2007, 10:22 pm

You sound sound really interesting and I'm huge into the sciences but unfortunately I'm stuck over here in the good ole US. :(

If you still want to talk tho feel free to send me a PM.

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2007, 10:31 pm

I'm into math, which as you probably know can apply to physics, to social science (through statistics), to computer science, etc. Mandelbrot is a kind of fractal, isn't it? Unfortunately, I live in the US. Not many people are into science here, which makes me all the more useful, I guess.

kingjim
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Apr 2007, 5:07 am

NeantHumain wrote:
Mandelbrot wrote:
Some PM's…not that many though- might have scared a few off

Really? Hmm, you hordes of desperate aspie men aren't living up to your reputation!

Desperate and lonely are very different. I am far from desperate. Lonely is the standard though...

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2007, 10:15 am

I live in London so anyone who I will potentially be serious with will have to live in London. However, I do like one off dates very much and if it is with another aspie it is well worth traveling for. I am willing to travel distance of Birmingham for such a date.

Mandelbrot
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Apr 2007, 3:09 pm

I find British culture to be quite anti-intellectual, more so than American culture.

Auras
Raven
Raven

08 Apr 2007, 3:17 pm

I think American Culture has only really started becoming pro-intellectual in more recent years.

Joshandspot
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Apr 2007, 10:23 pm

I am from New York but am going to England for the entire summer to study abroad in Middlesex. I don't know how close you are to that but or if you're going to be around then, but if you wanted to meet for a cup of coffee or something I'd be up for it

JakeG
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2007, 11:03 am

Mandelbrot wrote:
I find British culture to be quite anti-intellectual, more so than American culture.

Extremely much so; it seems to me that in the UK it is social etiquette to hide all interests in academic subjects such as math and pretend to hate it as opposed to the US where it seems that following an interest is something to be proud of.

Mandelbrot
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Apr 2007, 1:54 pm

Yes, it seems especially shameful for girls to be interested in the sciences or indeed, to have a distinct air of intensity about them.
Is there anyone from England of whom might ebe interested? (thank you to all you yanks expressing interest out there though.)

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 2:43 pm

Last edited by 0_equals_true on 18 Apr 2007, 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 2:43 pm

JakeG wrote:
Mandelbrot wrote:

Extremely much so; it seems to me that in the UK it is social etiquette to hide all interests in academic subjects such as math and pretend to hate it as opposed to the US where it seems that following an interest is something to be proud of.

They are a bunch of tossers mate, NTs on steroids.

They are a bunch of tossers mate, NTs on steroids. English NTs interest equals how much beer they can drink. Yanks are more interesting even though they contain more religious nuts.

kingjim
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Apr 2007, 4:49 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:
JakeG wrote:
Mandelbrot wrote:

They are a bunch of tossers mate, NTs on steroids.

They are a bunch of tossers mate, NTs on steroids. English NTs interest equals how much beer they can drink. Yanks are more interesting even though they contain more religious nuts.

Never been to the UK, but over here in the USA, people are very PRO or ANTI (insert topic). It's rare to find an american who can argue a point with facts and not just "that's what I heard" or "that's how I was raised". The nice thing is that you can rarely get enough of the ignorant people to agree enough to make bad things happen.. but when they do, look out..

Seems like most Americans put intellectuals on a pedestal, almost rock star/religious figure status. Einstein is a good example. If someone calls you Einstein it is either an insult "Nice move, Einstein!" or an expression of amazement, "Damn, Einstein, how'd you figure that out???". Generally people here will be insulting to people they feel are more intellegent than them, until that person creates something bigger than them. It's odd.. people think Americans are all about money, but in reality they are about power. Money is power, but they respect anyone who shows the ability to create, whether they create building, technology, music, art, wealth, political inertia, etc...

Aspie_for_the_Lord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 4:55 pm

im from the Midlands in the UK, and i dont mind intelligent women, id get my head done in if i was with a woman who couldnt follow what im going on about or have her own opinion on things...

Fatallyflawed
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Apr 2007, 7:07 pm

Good luck picking one. Looks like you have three pages of "potentials". If I posted something like this...

*Crickets Chirping*

Aspie_for_the_Lord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 7:20 pm

thats cos your male....

guys have a harder time... cos men are less fussy :lol:

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 7:26 pm

Aspie_for_the_Lord wrote: