How angry and hateful can ASP or aspergers get? How about U?

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ajpd1989
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2015, 3:05 am

I've never been hateful, but I did used to have anger issues.
I think many of my emotional issues started after a certain traumatic experience.
In my childhood and early to mid adolescence, I would break stuff, hurt myself, and a few times I (accidentally) hurt others when I got upset. My sisters were sometimes afraid of me.

After a certain point I think I just started having persistent emotional blunting.
I rarely feel strongly about anything anymore, and it's not hard for me to just ignore feelings when they do arise.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2015, 7:00 am

MudoMan wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
I definitely have anger problems, and when I was younger I was quite explosive. Nowadays, I tend to beat myself up more than anything. It doesn't take much to piss me off, and there are a lot of things that do. I truly wish I had a way of channeling my anger that wouldn't be harmful to myself or others.

Listen to grindcore music or death metal. LOL.

But seriously, study martial arts an learn how to work out! It will help you.

I already listen to grindcore and death metal, though I usually enjoy it a lot more when I'm relaxing. :P When I'm upset, it usually just annoys me. Actually, any kind of music annoys me when I'm angry, as I really need silence in order to calm down.

I'm not in the best place to be working out or practicing martial arts, truth be told. Sometimes when I'm angry I'll ride my bike as a physical outlet, and to help take my mind off things, but depending on how exhausted I am from being all angry, just trying can frustrate me even more.

MudoMan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jun 2015, 9:14 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
MudoMan wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
I definitely have anger problems, and when I was younger I was quite explosive. Nowadays, I tend to beat myself up more than anything. It doesn't take much to piss me off, and there are a lot of things that do. I truly wish I had a way of channeling my anger that wouldn't be harmful to myself or others.

Listen to grindcore music or death metal. LOL.

But seriously, study martial arts an learn how to work out! It will help you.

I already listen to grindcore and death metal, though I usually enjoy it a lot more when I'm relaxing. :P When I'm upset, it usually just annoys me. Actually, any kind of music annoys me when I'm angry, as I really need silence in order to calm down.

I'm not in the best place to be working out or practicing martial arts, truth be told. Sometimes when I'm angry I'll ride my bike as a physical outlet, and to help take my mind off things, but depending on how exhausted I am from being all angry, just trying can frustrate me even more.

Well the music is good and when I was a teenager and early 20's I always would listen to hardcore, punk, metal. Sometimes go to shows but a lot of people who like that music are weirdos like me as well but now its overrun by the popular cool kids and it is a dead scene. Plus I am older now and I dont feel the need to listen to music much but I still sometimes growl at home or in the shower like death metal style. I am in my 30's so I feel like a lot of the crazy energy is not as intense but I can pissed off a lot or aggravated and my mom says I talk really loud but I am just feeling this energy I have to let out when I am excited.

Feeling the way I do, and did in the past and knowing my condition I really think some aspergers or ASD people do have issues with anger and even violence due to the depression and hopelessness they feel not fitting in with this world. We need parents and friends to help us understand.

MudoMan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jun 2015, 9:15 pm

Basically:

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2015, 9:38 pm

You really have to be pushing my buttons really hard to hack me off. However, YHWH help the person that pushes my buttons when I'm about to blow. You might not know it unless you've been around me for some time, but I usually internalize my anger until something sets me off, then it's pity the poor person who sets me off. For example, I have a roommate that is becoming a total leech on the rest of the guys here in the townhouse. He has taken my computer out of my room for his own use (not hard, since I have a Mac mini), he has taken my iPad for his use, if I have a job running on my Mac, he is constantly using my phone for his use, and he has cleaned me out of food, and still expects me to take him wherever he needs to go. He has been having guys under 18 coming into his room at all times, with loud noise and alcoholic beverages being served to his guests. The landlord was ready to evict him, until he gave him a sob story that he was not informed about this, and will not happen again. BULL F-ING SH!T. The landlord phoned me to get the story, as I've been the one trying to maintain this place, despite the health problems I've been having. I told him I was ready to have a friend wait for this roommate off property, since the landlord doesn't want this friend on his property, and do some damage to this roommate that would happen in the 'hood. While my landlord told not to do it, I told him, I don't want to either, but this roommate is really pushing it. I don't mind if he uses my computer, or use my iPad, or eat my food, AS LONG AS HE ASKS MY PERMISSION, and in the case of my desktop computer, it remains in my room. He was diagnosed ADHD, but that's no excuse to 1) be a leech, and 2) act like a jackass.

bookworm360
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jun 2015, 11:22 am

I used to have a lot of anger. I didn't know why, I just couldn't make sense of all the things that were going on in my life and I didn't even have a diagnoses to help me understand why.

I used to lash out, but I tried to channel that anger into writing and to keep from directing it at people close to me I would lash out at objects which represented the things I was angry about. When I was a teenager living at a Math and Science High School, I would go out and steal signs off the buildings and switch them around, I deconstructed a gazebo, put all the furniture surrounding a fountain into the fountain, salted flower beds. I used to get into fights, but in college I made a real concentrated effort to confront and deal with my anger with both therapy and use of drugs (specifically hallucinogens) and I learned to accept and even like the person I am and accept that as horrible as much of it was it still made me into a person I can like if nothing else.

Now it takes a lot more to set me off, but when I get mad I get real rage. I will say things and do things that sometimes I regret, generally not violent, but still with the intent to hurt and punish, it's something I work to control and mostly succeed.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Jun 2015, 6:40 pm

I was pretty angry when I was depressed sometimes & had OCD thoughts about harming others but I never acted on em.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition