Poisoned pet food may have been Chinese plot

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 9:58 am

... but would that be enough poison to kill so many pets?

Apatura
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 10:11 am

I don't think so, unless there was an infestation of rats.

It is also possible that cats and dogs themselves were in the cat/dogfood (and possibly they had consumed poisoned rats)... I have read of this happening. All kinds of exotic and scrap meat go into petfood.

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 7:22 pm

:roll: I am gonna start making their foods myself...

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2007, 12:14 pm

After the FDA tested the pet food, they didn't find rat poison. They did, however, find a chemical used to make plastics. It could have come from anywhere.

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2007, 12:16 pm

hyperbolic wrote:
After the FDA tested the pet food, they didn't find rat poison. They did, however, find a chemical used to make plastics. It could have come from anywhere.
I read about that(I thought I put the link here but I was probably mistaken) Does this mean this could go on fr a while, I mean if they can't find the contaminating plastic

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2007, 3:00 pm

It's been a while since I've heard communism used as a scapegoat. :roll:

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2007, 2:23 am

Well yesterday the news was both the rat poison and melamine had been found in the wheat gluten. It seems highly possible to have gotten rat poison in there even if it wasn't a Chinese conspiracy. But how the hell did melamine get in there? Melamine, by the way, is the super lightweight plastic that they make school cafeteria plates with and also some of the children's cartoon character plates and bowls. Its a hard plastic that is very lightweight and thin. I've only seen it used to make dishware so how could that have ended up in petfood?

Also today they announced they are recalling dry food- Hills Science prescription diet for cats which is sold only in veterinary offices.

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 3:18 am

Ok, now after having my eyes in this position O_o for over a minute, just from hearing about this crazy idea. I find the whole thing horribly racist. First of all, the Chinese, and many other Asian people have been stigmatized with the whole they eat cats/dogs things. Belive it or not there was a time, before cats and dogs were domesticated. People had to eat, you figure it out. I'm most certian that in history the Asian people were not the only ones who ate cats/dogs ok?

Secondly the idea that they would intentionally poison pet food? Ok, you really have to hate someone to accuse them of that. It would seem the lady who hosts this talk station, has a problem with the Chinese people. It is far far, FAR, more realistic to think that chemical to make plastic silverware accidentally got into a shipment via cross-contamination, than a country miles away doing this. It actually seems Barbara is paranoid of free trade with countries altogether.

I can't belive that anyone would fall for this clear, conspiracy theorist nutjob, of an article. I don't think this is worth bringing up years old hateful stereotypes. Maybe Barbra would feel more comfortable at a Aryan Nation website, seeing how she is just as backwards thinking as they are, when it comes to differences in people.