Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

SmokedFool
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Jun 2015, 11:25 pm

My Niece has started seeing a phsycologist who thinks she may also be on the spectrum. what is confusing the family at the moment is she is experiencing multiple personalities, which we didn't think was a potential symptom of being on the spectrum.

has anyone heard of this before?

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2015, 11:34 pm

Not a symptom of autism

Doom1991
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jun 2015, 11:46 pm

Actually it can be a symptom of Autism. People with autism have very vivid imaginations. Just because she shows multiple personalities doesn't mean she has them. She could be just acting out or pretending. I did it for multiple reasons and now Im becoming an actor and I use all the characters I created. Think of it as a way to express ones self.

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2015, 12:19 am

Doom1991 wrote:
Actually it can be a symptom of Autism. People with autism have very vivid imaginations. Just because she shows multiple personalities doesn't mean she has them. She could be just acting out or pretending. I did it for multiple reasons and now Im becoming an actor and I use all the characters I created. Think of it as a way to express ones self.

Not diagnosable

Doom1991
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jun 2015, 12:45 am

Norny wrote:
Doom1991 wrote:

Not diagnosable

No but is still connected to autism

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2015, 3:16 pm

Depends what you mean by "experiencing multiple personalities." There's Dissociative Identity Disorder:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociat ... y_disorder
It's controversial.