Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Grue
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jun 2015, 7:44 am

So I was in therapy yesterday trying to get to the cause of me constantly shifting interests. It seems once a year or so, I get almost obsessed with a subject that, for two or three months, I eat, live and breathe it. Let's see, there's been goth, cleaning things, tools, dungeons and dragons, crossdressing and currently it seems to be marijuana.

I discovered something about why that might be happening:

It's because I've lost my interest in what my primary focus was on; Star Trek. For years, it consumed my life. I watched the show whenever I could, I went to conventions, I read the books...until one day, I was watching an episode and heard the line, "deuterium ore". Deuterium isn't an ore to be mined. It was kind of the birth of critical thinking with me.

So my transient obsessions seem to be filling the empty space where Star Trek used to be. I might just be having trouble finding something big enough to fill that void.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2015, 7:59 am

Obsessions change every few months? Join the club. I've been through video game obsession, computer game obsession, retrogame obsession, Lego obsession, retro Lego obsession, vintage electronics obsession, Android phone obsession, weight loss obsession, career development obsession and I'm currently working my way through BlackBerry obsession.