Page 70 of 82 [ 1307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 82  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2016, 2:41 am

i'll start to worry about the rump if and when he gets cruz the ooze disposed of.

JackBruns
Raven
Raven

20 Apr 2016, 1:54 pm

I'm hoping my boy Trump shows up in California sometime. For the most part, I enjoy not only his planks on immigration and the economy, but also that he actually seems to be willing to actually listen to the people. One example is legalizing drugs. He had an interview on that very topic decades ago, and even recently gave his support for at least legalizing marijuana. Compare that to say Romney, McCain, or even Hillary. True, he is rather uncouth and says some of the most cringe worthy things, but as a possible aspie myself, I can empathize with saying things that you look back and say to yourself "What was I thinking?" He just doesn't have that cold, calculating personality that politicians have. Or at least that's what I get out of him.

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2016, 2:07 pm

JackBruns wrote:
I'm hoping my boy Trump shows up in California sometime. For the most part, I enjoy not only his planks on immigration and the economy, but also that he actually seems to be willing to actually listen to the people. One example is legalizing drugs. He had an interview on that very topic decades ago, and even recently gave his support for at least legalizing marijuana. Compare that to say Romney, McCain, or even Hillary. True, he is rather uncouth and says some of the most cringe worthy things, but as a possible aspie myself, I can empathize with saying things that you look back and say to yourself "What was I thinking?" He just doesn't have that cold, calculating personality that politicians have. Or at least that's what I get out of him.

Agreed! He'll be the first president I go to visit in the White House.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2016, 3:59 pm

CommanderKeen wrote:
Agreed! He'll be the first president I go to visit in the White House.

Johnny Depp will be the first film president I go and see at Vue cinemas.

Oh, the irony! :D

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2016, 6:01 pm

Hah, I wonder if there have been any signature wildfires in Obama states yet..? :| :|

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 12:26 am

http://www.cracked.com/article_24907_7- ... trump.html

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 6:16 pm

Almost a year later and people are still moaning and resorting to elementary school rhetoric like determining his moral compass based on ice cream, or concerned about where his body double hangs out. Ridiculous.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 12:42 pm

Not me, I'm simply the guy his lackeys have to deal with if they ever find the wherewithall to seriously interfere.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 7:17 am

TheSpectrum wrote:
Almost a year later and people are still moaning and resorting to elementary school rhetoric like determining his moral compass based on ice cream, or concerned about where his body double hangs out. Ridiculous.

It's hard to take any of it particularly seriously when so much of it pure asinine rhetoric. It's so thick you can't see the forest for the trees.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 7:08 pm

FACT: Trump got into power because of racism.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 7:27 pm

Trump proposes the same "racist platform" as Bernie Sanders.

-keep jobs in America, don't share them with foreigners
-restrict immigration
-secure the border

Trump and Sanders appeal to poor, uneducated whites, who see foreign labor as their enemy.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 8:03 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Trump proposes the same "racist platform" as Bernie Sanders.

-keep jobs in America, don't share them with foreigners
-restrict immigration
-secure the border

Trump and Sanders appeal to poor, uneducated whites, who see foreign labor as their enemy.

Once again, you are absolutely full of s**t.

Trump's anti-globalization stance is one of the few good things about him. Unfortunately, he is a colossal hypocrite on this issue.

Bernie opposes globalization because he doesn't want American businesses to exploit people who live in countries with no minimum wage.

Immigration and globalization may seem very similar on the surface, but they are actually quite different because the rich and the poor are very different.

When did Bern ever compare Mexican immigrants to rapists?

Are you a billionaire or do you just lick their boots?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 8:05 pm

Weird but true. I didn't find myself disagreeing with much of Sanders' rhetoric but did I believe it? Not a chance. TBH Sanders didn't have to talk trash to be equally ineffectual. I second his recent statements more now that he's not grasping for straws.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 8:14 pm

FACT: God-emperor trump considers himself to be above the law.

"The state is me!"
- Benito Mussolini

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 8:34 pm

Why do people hate globalisation so much?

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 8:41 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Why do people hate globalisation so much?

In a perfect world, globalization would be fine. However, our world isn't perfect.

In many countries, corporations essentially use slave labor. Most products that are "made in China" are made by slave laborers.

Many of these countries have no minimum wage because their governments are corrupt. Read about Augusto Pinochet. The American government helped him get into power. For years, Western businesses exploited Chilean workers.

International trade would be fine if workers in every country had rights. Unfortunately, this is not the case.