Page 82 of 82 [ 1307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 9:31 pm

auntblabby wrote:
the problem is that the high muckety-mucks have fixed things so that our capitalism and markets are NOT free, not by a long shot, other than the odd local markets. people allowed the power of market dominance seldom play fair with the rest of us, capitalists work towards getting their monopolies with a single minded vision, and once a monopoly is gained, never let go, never permit competition without a bloody fight. ask any union member.

There's a Hollywood movie called "2012" where most of the world drowns following a global catastrophe. What's interesting is that prior to the event - all the world's resources were funneled into a refuge to protect the wealthiest and most important people in the world with remaining space for a few civilians left to repopulate the world (a new servant class). I couldn't help but think wealthy industrialists who are climate skeptics have already built secret underground homes built to withstand the floods that will come later

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 9:34 pm

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
the problem is that the high muckety-mucks have fixed things so that our capitalism and markets are NOT free, not by a long shot, other than the odd local markets. people allowed the power of market dominance seldom play fair with the rest of us, capitalists work towards getting their monopolies with a single minded vision, and once a monopoly is gained, never let go, never permit competition without a bloody fight. ask any union member.

There's a Hollywood movie called "2012" where most of the world drowns following a global catastrophe. What's interesting is that prior to the event - all the world's resources were funneled into a refuge to protect the wealthiest and most important people in the world with remaining space for a few civilians left to repopulate the world (a new servant class). I couldn't help but think wealthy industrialists who are climate skeptics have already built secret underground homes built to withstand the floods that will come later

I would put nothing past those randian types.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 9:37 pm

auntblabby wrote:

It's the little guys (gals?) like me
who support President Donald Trump.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 9:38 pm

the_phoenix wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

what has the GOP done for you lately?

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 9:42 pm

auntblabby wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

what has the GOP done for you lately?

By some miracle, they put Trump on the Republican ticket.

Other than that, not much.
Also, I didn't start out as a member of the GOP, btw,
so I have no qualms about going elsewhere if I feel the need.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 1:15 pm

Scaramucci knows exactly how to satisfy DJT with his work. He heaps praise on dear leader at every press conference.

"That was a huge, beautiful press conference. Now everyone knows how great my karma is." Yes, The Mooch claimed that Trump has "great karma."

The nickname is apparently one that Scaramucci himself favors, by the way.

I left NPR on overnight accidentally, and woke up to Gingrich lying. Didn't get my day off to a great start. By his logic, Trump can't trust the integrity of anyone but his hardcore supporters. Trump can't trust anyone who ever donated to a Dem candidate. Trump can't trust Trump.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 3:10 pm

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 6:21 pm

Science has proven that Trump is a bad president.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 7:55 pm

Trump might start World War 3.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 10:14 pm

Sarah Huckabee Sanders has picked up on how well flattery works on dear leader.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 8:07 pm

"Liberal Media"
VVV