Page 79 of 82 [ 1307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82  Next

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 10:51 pm

auntblabby wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
^^^when will they learn we're all in this thing together? when will they disabuse themselves of the notion that they are better off just the way they are, separate and vulnerable rather than unionized?

The internet will fix this problem.

Remember: Technological changes always lead to social/economic/political changes. Authoritarianism is not "natural" for humans. It came out of the Neolithic Revolution. Modern "democracy" may be a product of the printing press. Without the printing press, we might still be living under absolute monarchy.

The internet will, for better or for worse, create the future of politics and economics.

assuming it won't somehow be throttled or perverted like what happens in authoritarian regimes such as china.

The Chinese dictatorship is surviving because American businessmen keep supporting it. It is a good source of cheap labor after all.

If the American people wake up and seize the state, no country will be strong enough to come in and screw it up.

For decades, the American businessmen have used the American military to supress populist movements all over the world. This will not happen if America is put under populist control.

Once the American masses control the US military, they will be unstoppable.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 10:53 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
^^^when will they learn we're all in this thing together? when will they disabuse themselves of the notion that they are better off just the way they are, separate and vulnerable rather than unionized?

Remember: Technological changes always lead to social/economic/political changes. Authoritarianism is not "natural" for humans. It came out of the Neolithic Revolution. Modern "democracy" may be a product of the printing press. Without the printing press, we might still be living under absolute monarchy.

The internet will, for better or for worse, create the future of politics and economics.

assuming it won't somehow be throttled or perverted like what happens in authoritarian regimes such as china.

The Chinese dictatorship is surviving because American businessmen keep supporting it. It is a good source of cheap labor after all. If the American people wake up and seize the state, no country will be strong enough to come in and screw it up. For decades, the American businessmen have used the American military to supress populist movements all over the world. This will not happen if America is put under populist control. Once the American masses control the US military, they will be unstoppable.

on a scale of 10 [gonna happen for sure] to 0 [ain't happenin'], what number would you say the likelihood of this would be?

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 11:08 pm

auntblabby wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

The Chinese dictatorship is surviving because American businessmen keep supporting it. It is a good source of cheap labor after all. If the American people wake up and seize the state, no country will be strong enough to come in and screw it up. For decades, the American businessmen have used the American military to supress populist movements all over the world. This will not happen if America is put under populist control. Once the American masses control the US military, they will be unstoppable.

on a scale of 10 [gonna happen for sure] to 0 [ain't happenin'], what number would you say the likelihood of this would be?

It depends.

If the internet keeps becoming cheaper and easier to use, this revolution will become more likely. Right now, we are at a 3.

The elites will likely try to censor the internet in order to prevent this, but these censorship attempts are doomed to fail. Remember what happened when the government was trying to pass SOPA and PIPA?

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 11:13 pm

Trump is mad again. Laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 11:47 pm

I hope lyin' ryan continues to be not as smart as he thinks he is. but there's always the possibility he'd be replaced with somebody even more reptilian. and should pence end up in the oval office, all bets are off.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 12:16 pm

Various people throughout the administration, including DJT himself, have lied repeatedly. There's no disputing that, right?

I never felt insulted, since I never had a high level of stochastic belief in what they said. The more I think about it, the more I wonder if the right doesn't seem to feel insulted because they have endorsed lying. No one could have believed all those whoppers without feeling played, by now. You've found a way to justify the lying to yourselves, right?

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 12:23 am

Boaty McBoatface. Just sayin'

The internet gave us President Trump. How does it make sense any other way?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 12:33 am

the need of many stressed-out folk to scapegoat the weak, is what did it IMHO. the utterly counterintuitive results with lab rats subjected to having their feet constantly shocked, was that instead of huddling together in mutual support, the strong rats viciously attacked the weak rats, this showed that the need to scapegoat in bad times, seems to be a trans-human thing.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 1:22 am

auntblabby wrote:
the utterly counterintuitive results with lab rats subjected to having their feet constantly shocked, was that instead of huddling together in mutual support, the strong rats viciously attacked the weak rats, this showed that the need to scapegoat in bad times, seems to be a trans-human thing.

To be fair to rats, they rarely kill or attack their fellow rats when stressed

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 1:29 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
Boaty McBoatface. Just sayin'

The internet gave us President Trump. How does it make sense any other way?

No.

I'm really sick of this myth.

Fox News gave us Donald Trump. Conservative talk radio gave us Trump. The so-called "liberal news media" was rooting for Clinton.

The internet tried to give us Sanders.

Better luck next time.

EDIT: I just realized that "Better luck next time." is a bad thing to say. Luck is for losers. Go out there and spread the word.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 1:38 am

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
the utterly counterintuitive results with lab rats subjected to having their feet constantly shocked, was that instead of huddling together in mutual support, the strong rats viciously attacked the weak rats, this showed that the need to scapegoat in bad times, seems to be a trans-human thing.

To be fair to rats, they rarely kill or attack their fellow rats when stressed

'tis why I said "counterintuitive." :flower:

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 1:43 am

I need a way to get a handle on this insanity.

I can't believe anyone would buy such a pig in such a poke.

It's also plausible that people are just bigger meanies overall than I like to contemplate.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 2:15 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
I need a way to get a handle on this insanity.

I can't believe anyone would buy such a pig in such a poke.

I can totally believe it. It all makes perfect sense.

Latino immigrants are rushing into the United States. People don't know why because the media won't tell us why.

The Middle East is full of Islamic extremism. The media tells us this, but it won't tell us why.

The masses don't know about the system of corporate control, and so they fill in that logical blank with xenophobia.

For a long time, the conservatives have been saying "The liberals won't even address the issue of mass immigration! They won't address the issue of Islamic terrorism! Who will address these issues?" The conservatives are right ... sort of. Corporate liberals refuse to properly address these issues.

Meanwhile, the anti-corporate left has understood these issues for a long time now. When 9/11 happened, Noam Chomsky wasn't surprised at all. He immediately saw the root cause. Chomsky wasn't surprised when Obama betrayed the left. Mainstream liberals were either surprised ... or outright denied that Obama was a corporate tool. Chomsky saw the corporate strings pulling Obama before he was even elected.

The American people voted for Trump because they have been fed lie upon lie.

Sometimes I think that the people who run the "liberal media" don't actually hate Trump. People say "The liberal media is run by idiots! They kept giving Trump attention! Why didn't they just ignore him?"

I'll tell you why. The "liberal media" gave Trump a mountain of attention in order to draw attention away from Sanders. Sanders was the real threat. He was the guy who challenged corporate power. Thus, the "liberal media" didn't launch a hate campaign against him. Instead, they ignored him. They tried to erase him.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 12:48 pm

^Broadly speaking, I don't disagree.

Trump has none of the qualities of a Boy Scout. Here's proof.
http://www.mediaite.com/online/donald-t ... res-proof/

Boy Scout Law

A Scout is:
Trustworthy,
Loyal,
Helpful,
Friendly,
Courteous,
Kind,
Obedient,
Cheerful,
Thrifty,
Brave,
Clean,
and Reverent.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 1:07 pm

Remember when Republicans accused Barack Obama of creating a child army?

Its' official. Any Republican who accuses someone else of "indoctrinating children" is a massive hypocrite.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 1:15 pm

I can't shake the feeling that you somehow consider me a Republican, DMK.