Page 1 of 82 [ 1307 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 82  Next

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jun 2015, 2:30 pm

My reason for posting this is I am just interested in your comments concerning Mr. Trump's interest in being the occupant of the Oval Office in the White House.

So what do you think? Can he do the job or not? :?:

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2015, 5:16 pm

I don't see where a member of the "1%" would be an answer to America's problems when currently they are seen as the problem.

Sadly he's just another wingnut. His famous playground spat with Rosie O'Donnell, another wingnut in her own right, doesn't leave me with much confidence in his ability deal with other world leaders if he was to become president.

And of course the fact that every country in the world would be able to say "Our president has better hair than your president" has to factor in! :D

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

16 Jun 2015, 7:05 pm

fwiw Trump opposes TPP and supports drug legalization

He'll be interesting to watch at least, hard to take him seriously but he's not afraid to go against the grain that's for sure and could bring forward a lot of non-traditional positions for the GOP. He's definitely not the worst one, believe it or not.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2015, 9:45 pm

The richest person ever to run for president beating Perot by a huge margin. His hair will do all the thinking for him as it has done for years already. :roll:

alex
Developer
Developer

16 Jun 2015, 9:50 pm

RoadRatt wrote:
I don't see where a member of the "1%" would be an answer to America's problems when currently they are seen as the problem.

Well you better move to another country because there's no way someone who isn't in the 1% will be elected president in America. . .

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2015, 9:55 pm

I am interested in the direction he moves the GOP in.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2015, 10:12 pm

What I think doesn't matter 'cuz I'm Canadian. But I'll say it anyway: This is royally dumb.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 12:55 am

I think the only way Trump could realistically get the Republican nomination is if every other Republican candidate were to die. Virtually any opponent could pick him apart when he reveals himself to be a bloviating windbag who dabbles in wing nuttery in order to appeal to the most extreme element (such a birtherism). Or how he is a liar (remember how he claimed he had sent his people to Hawaii, who he said found proof that Obama's birth certificate was forged - until the President's birth certificate had actually been released, after which Trump pretended the whole incident never happened). Or just how ridiculous his policies would really be (such as his claim he need only surround and bomb ISIS, then send in oil companies to deprive them of their wealth). He doesn't even have the respect of any of the other Republican candidates, let alone their constituents. Somehow, I have to wonder if this isn't just some publicity stunt on Trump's part.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 1:56 am

Honestly how much worse (insert dumber) can he be than Ronald Reagan or Arnold Schwarznegger?

Despite the fact he's excessively wealthy, cares little for the downtrodden and a little bit xenophobic he's at least a better orator than Dan Quayle or George "Dubbya"

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 7:12 pm

If he gets the nomination and wins in 2016, he's not only going to do a terrible job, but I hope that he does something stupid enough that he gets kicked out of office.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 9:43 pm

When hasn't he run for president? Either he has another reality show coming up, or he's going through attention withdrawal. :roll:

alex
Developer
Developer

17 Jun 2015, 10:41 pm

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
When hasn't he run for president?

He hasn't until now.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 10:55 pm

As much as he makes my skin crawl, he would be better than letting things really turn into a quasi-constitutional monarchy vis a vis another Bush. Jeb's actual name isn't even on his campaign signs.

I think the fact is that all the candidates regardless of affiliation would do the exact same thing in marginally different ways, packing their lies on the backs of everyone who legitimately wants to make a change around here. I want to give Hillary the benefit of the doubt and I'd probably put most of that past her, but I know there's always some degree of collusion between all the candidates.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 11:24 pm

alex wrote:
MjrMajorMajor wrote:
When hasn't he run for president?

He hasn't until now.

Oh, but he certainly has threatened to before now!

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 11:51 pm

Unlike pretty much everyone else running for president, with the except of Carly, he actually understands business and economics, since he has actually been in the business world. Doesn't it ever worry anyone else besides me that most of the people making economic policy haven't worked in the private sector and have no clue about economics, business, or how certain policies affect the business world?

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 11:59 pm

He's only running to stroke his own ego. He'll drop out before the primaries get rolling because the FEC rules would require him to admit that he's not a billionaire.