How do you find people with similar interests to you?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Liannelee
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jun 2015, 7:28 am

Hi I am Lianne,

I would like to know what your interests are and how you meet people with similar interests to you ?

Brief Background as to who I am I was diagnosed with Aspergers at the age of 20.
I live in London my interests are as follows:
1.Coming up with ideas to invent stuff in transport or technology or pitching new movie and gaming ideas.
2.I Love London my family both mum and dads sides have been here since at least the 1800's (I am still researching on Ancestry.co.uk)
3. I love History and Geographic documentaries. :heart:

oblio
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 1 Observatree Close, Pointless Forest, Low Countries

22 Jun 2015, 1:23 am

Hi Lianna,

i think asking like this is a good way, and i am surprised you didn't get a reply yet... i noted this is your first post in this "first" forum... i think a "welcome to WP" is in order, and i am sure you have been looking around more a bit, and found fora more suitable to answer your query.

My interests.... o things have changed so much after i self-identified right here... recently i had occasion to return to what maybe in a former life i would have called things that ought to have interested me more...

Music, rock and punk, but a wide wide taste... i do need good lyrics to get really interested. Beatles or Stones? Later Bowie or Reed (it always was both but in the end i fall on the darker side)... O and so much more...
And yes, LANGUAGE..., anything...

Lou Reed... that's my god if you will... sadly, not in the timeless sense... his passing made me deeply introspective and let's say "ponderous"... whatever i was doing online, it sort of stopped and i started watching documentaries and debates on YouTube - old music documentaries on YouTube, and from there.... yes you said it... documentaries... science, darwinism, philosophy, politics (chomsky and christopher hitchens involved in presentations and debates), and much history... so that was my link with you post

O, and London... I have some friends there, even if most moved away. I would so love to live in England... I am sure i might still be involved with hockey (I met them as an umpire and became member of an english touring side) - and i sure would still play cricket.

Again, Lianne, welcome to WP, i am pretty sure you found a good place for yourself

may your god forgive you

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2015, 1:16 pm

Hi Lianne, Welcome! I've noticed that there are many members, here, who are from England. Not sure about London, per se, but perhaps, so. : )

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2015, 4:18 pm

Hey Lianne welcome. :sunny:

MetalFist
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Jun 2015, 9:46 pm

Welcome to WP :)

TheBraveSirRobin
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jun 2015, 12:15 am

Finding people with similar interests with you depends on the hobby and how you appreciate it. There are many resources and forums out there on the internet for discussing your favorite interests, but personally I shy away from using those because sometimes I get bored of whatever it is that I am interested in a few days or I feel as if what I like about the interest in question is not something I actually share with other people. I am, in a way, able avoid those "problems" by having my main hobby be video gaming, multiplayer games especially. It's an inherently social activity, so I mainly socialize through that since there's a practical reason for you to talk with the people that you play with and you often can connect with a fellow player simply through your shared experience of the same successes and failures. However, though, it's easier said than done to go from talking with someone because you're cooperating with them in a game to having an intelligent conversation about the game for the sake of socialization and the sharing of personal thoughts and ideas.

And, by the way, welcome to WrongPlanet, Lianne! :)

Liannelee
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jul 2015, 6:19 am

I just wanted to say Thankyou to all the people who welcomed me to Wrong Planet you all have some cool interests! :)