Activist Bree Newsome removed Confederate flag

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

CBRVA83
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Jun 2015, 5:23 pm

Earlier today, African-American activist and Charlotte, NC resident Bree Newsome removed the Confederate flag by climbing up the flag pole and taking off the flag in front of the South Carolina statehouse. She was arrested by the South Carolina Bureau of Protective Services after she was caught along with her fellow activist James Ian Tyson (also from Charlotte), who both climbed over a four foot iron wall to remove the flag (they couldn't wait any longer for the flag to be removed. The flag was later hung back up, and a group of fifty people held a rally to support the Confederate flag.

http://news.yahoo.com/woman-removes-con ... 3011.html#

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2015, 12:09 pm

She had her reasons, but she did break the law.

And, if she or her friend got badly hurt or died doing this protest, being on state property, the state would have to

bear all medical costs, as well as being liable for any and all lawsuits by their families.

Legal actions are already in the works regarding that flag.....this was not necessary.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2015, 3:17 pm

Sylkat wrote:
She had her reasons, but she did break the law. And, if she or her friend got badly hurt or died doing this protest, being on state property, the state would have to bear all medical costs, as well as being liable for any and all lawsuits by their families. Legal actions are already in the works regarding that flag ... this was not necessary.
I agree with everything except the last four words. Sometimes, a little civil disobedience is needed to move things along.

At least they didn't shoot anybody ... or get shot for their efforts.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2015, 5:23 pm

If the flag is coming down soon anyway then there is no reason to do what she did. It doesn't help their cause, exactly the opposite seems to be occurring. I hear people reasoning that it should stay in place after this incident. It'll most likely still come down. But if you're going to be civilly disobedient you should first, in her case, bend over and pull your head out of your butt before you take action...

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2015, 5:51 pm

Well said.

CBRVA83

28 Jun 2015, 6:32 pm

I agree with Sylkat and RoadRatt! Although it wasn't necessary for her to remove the flag, I understand her reasons for doing so due to her activism for her African-American community.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2015, 2:36 pm

She'll get charged with a misdemeanor, but the Conferderate flag needs to be put somewhere else where no one can see it.

NightEclipse
Raven
Raven

26 Aug 2017, 3:58 pm

I'm glad she was arrested. More of these "activists" need to be thrown into jail as well.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2017, 11:08 pm

It wasn't her flag to remove. Period. Manufactured offense doesn't license anyone to trespass and destroy or remove what doesnt belong to them.

This thread was started about the time of the Charleston church shooting. People (some people) were suddenly up in arms over the Confederate (with a capital C) flag and about all that accomplished was to boost sales of.....Confederate (with a capital C) flags.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 12:10 am

i bet if someone were to fly the actual confederate flag among these people, they wouldn't even recognize it.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 6:06 pm

CBRVA83 wrote:
Earlier today, African-American activist and Charlotte, NC resident Bree Newsome removed the Confederate flag by climbing up the flag pole and taking off the flag in front of the South Carolina statehouse. She was arrested by the South Carolina Bureau of Protective Services after she was caught along with her fellow activist James Ian Tyson (also from Charlotte), who both climbed over a four foot iron wall to remove the flag (they couldn't wait any longer for the flag to be removed. The flag was later hung back up, and a group of fifty people held a rally to support the Confederate flag.

http://news.yahoo.com/woman-removes-con ... 3011.html#

What did you expect?
American cops are racist.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 5:30 am

...Better yet, show this Missy some States' Rights by -- heh, heh - " carrying " her off, and lynching her, but first, show her waht a TRUE Southern partisan by giving her some Sourhern p____, before we kill her, and finding her doubtless lazy boyfriend or someone else - they all look alike, anyway - and making him WATCH - after WE cut off his p____! THEN, after that, burn out her p____ with a branding iron, then hang their charrwd corpes in front of Our Statue to show rhwm what local soverignity - and our Lost Cause statues - are all about! :twisted:
YEE-HAH.
D-I-X-I-E! Take that, you politically correct outside agitators:evil:!

ptor"]It wasn't her flag to remove. Period. Manufactured offense doesn't license anyone to trespass and destroy or remove what doesnt belong to them.

This thread was started about the time of the Charleston church shooting. People (some people) were suddenly up in arms over the Confederate (with a capital C) flag and about all that accomplished was to boost sales of.....Confederate (with a capital C) flags.[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 8:24 am

ASS-P wrote:
...Better yet, show this Missy some States' Rights by -- heh, heh - " carrying " her off, and lynching her, but first, show her waht a TRUE Southern partisan by giving her some Sourhern p____, before we kill her, and finding her doubtless lazy boyfriend or someone else - they all look alike, anyway - and making him WATCH - after WE cut off his p____! THEN, after that, burn out her p____ with a branding iron, then hang their charrwd corpes in front of Our Statue to show rhwm what local soverignity - and our Lost Cause statues - are all about! :twisted:
YEE-HAH.
D-I-X-I-E! Take that, you politically correct outside agitators:evil:!

ptor"]It wasn't her flag to remove. Period. Manufactured offense doesn't license anyone to trespass and destroy or remove what doesnt belong to them.

This thread was started about the time of the Charleston church shooting. People (some people) were suddenly up in arms over the Confederate (with a capital C) flag and about all that accomplished was to boost sales of.....Confederate (with a capital C) flags.

1. Learn how to use the quote tool.

2. Get a grip

:roll: :roll: :roll: