Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Soomander
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Jul 2015, 10:05 pm

Do you ever feel a sensation under your skin whenever you're touched by someone? Whenever I feel this I get an insatiable feeling to scratch it out and will often end up with me scratching my skin till it leaves markings. The feeling will often vary depending who touches me, where I get touched(e.g. wrist, arm, hand). Sometimes I end up scratching myself untill I bleed and in the last few months I've been scracthing more. I was hoping some of who've had experience with this can provide me with some insight on how to rid myself of this situation.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2015, 10:21 pm

This sounds like an obsessive compulsive thing. If you feel like you need to scratch, but don't exactly want to, it's likely that it is a compulsion.

Soomander
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Jul 2015, 10:23 pm

Thanks for the words Turtle! I will be sure to ask my psychologist next I see them.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2015, 10:27 pm

My subconscious reaction is to hit whoever touches me
without my previous knowledge and consent
if I don't see it coming ...
Good news is,
I can fight the urge when I'm awake.
That said, I did hit someone in my sleep once
when someone shook me to wake me up.
So now, you've been warned.
Let sleeping Aspies lie. 8)

"It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine." -- REM

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2015, 10:32 pm

Sometimes when I get touched, it more hurts, like being electrocuted, than anything else, and makes my skin crawl for a while after. Especially if someone touches my back... oh man, I cannot stand anyone to touch my back. It makes me want to run away from the sensation but I can't so I freak out and it makes me want to hurt myself to get the feeling to go away.
I even have nightmares where someone will press on my back and I'll become so violent but helpless.

Logston
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jul 2015, 10:37 pm

Yes, sometimes when I'm touched I feel compelled to scratch/rub the area. I have rubbed my skin raw in the past from this. I don't always get this feeling, but it's not uncommon for me. No advice, just can relate. Hopefully your psych will be able to give some advice.

Soomander
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Jul 2015, 10:44 pm

I don't think getting touched on my back overly affects me relative to other places on my body but I can absolutely not stand having people walking behind me. I get paranoid and think they're gonna attack me or do something that would tick me off. Also, looked up some characteristics of OCD and find that some things do match up with how I behave.

tayblast
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jul 2015, 3:24 am

I don't like being touched without my consent.
I don't get an urge to scratch the affected area but I do feel a violation of my personal space & trust. I also analyze their hygiene & cleanliness which I have been told is an OCD trait. I just think it's good grooming.. But whatever.

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 3:28 am

I don't know why but I'd prefer to be punched than touched lightly. Something about being touched lightly, especially on my arms or shoulder, makes me freak the hell out. I don't even know why. I have no logical reason. But someone punched me on my arm when sitting next to me when I was around 15 for no reason as hard as he could with me doing nothing and I just said "ow" in a way that sounded sarcastic. Didn't even bother me. I don't get it.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 10:16 am

I know what you mean. If someone touch me I fell like I have to rub the spot that has been touched and sometimes I even wash it, twice. :lol:
But I don't have to scratch it to bleed and if I just let it be and focus on something else the feeling goes away by itself after a minute or so.

the_phoenix wrote:
My subconscious reaction is to hit whoever touches me
without my previous knowledge and consent
if I don't see it coming ...
Good news is,
I can fight the urge when I'm awake.
That said, I did hit someone in my sleep once
when someone shook me to wake me up.
So now, you've been warned.
Let sleeping Aspies lie. 8)

Hehe. I used to be like this too. And I also punched my dad in my sleep when he was trying to wake me up.
But I am no longer feeling the urge to hit someone when I am touched. A friend desensitized me by touching me often and saying I don't have to be so defensive every time I showed him fists.

Eloquaint
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2015, 1:07 pm

I can't stand light unexpected touches either, but for me it's not a matter of scratching. I need to rub the afflicted area hard and briskly, sort of like you rub your elbow when you've just doinked your funnybone. Like the area has been stimulated but understimulated, and needs to be calmed down.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 1:21 pm

I read once that the reason people are sensitive to touches on the back, or when you don't see it coming, is because it alerts your natural danger system. Once one of my friends came up behind me and hugged me softly in a store and I felt like I was being killed. I'm not autistic, I was just surprised.