Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 4:05 am

From what i remember i started similar thread earlier(it was about aspies as coops)

But i want know your opinion from different perspective.

Who is suited better aspies or ADHD.

I wonder why people with ADHD are often treated with more leniency than we the aspies, when ADHDers often act before they think, while we are more organized, and we carefully plan all our move :mrgreen:

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2015, 8:48 am

I think ADHD might be better suited to being a regular beat cop (at least combined type). Police have to deal with overloading situations like people yelling and trying to attack each other, and ADHDers tend to be more sensation-seeking rather than hypersensitive. Plus, police are expected to be physically fit, and exercise has been shown to help people with ADHD focus better.

Autistic people might be better suited to crime scene analysis, because it's a very detail-oriented position and not very social.

Of course, both of these conditions vary greatly among individuals, so there will be exceptions to this.

sunflower17
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Aug 2015, 2:11 pm

I know that for myself, being an aspie I wouldn't do well being a cop! So I guess I would have to go with ADHD being a better suited to be a cop.
The doctor that diagnosed me said that anyone diagnosed with ASD couldn't become a cop? I wonder if that is true everywhere or just some places.