Do a lot of Americans take Sean Hannity seriously?

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 8:22 pm

I mean, the guy's a total moron, and a total bigot.....How can anyone like him? At least Bill O Reilly has consistency, honesty, intelligence, and at least a little bit of respect for his hosts.... And I disagree with him on a lot of things... (I'm libertarian). Do WE as Americans ACTUALLY take him seriously? If we do, that says a lot about us as a nation, and I am ashamed.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 8:32 pm

Yes.

In my neck of the woods, I'd say a majority of people do.

This gives me very little faith in humanity.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

06 Jul 2015, 8:49 pm

I don't think people do that wouldn't be inclined to his views otherwise, just another talking head moron. Cable news is basically like trashy daytime television.

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 8:58 pm

At evening news time, my parents set the TV to Fox News and leave it there. They do take it seriously, and I know of others that do also.

I once tried to watch it with them. Quite literally, within a minute some guy made a snide remark about "liberal Eastern universities". Because I went to one of those, I had to leave the room to avoid bursting into an unseemly tirade. I had no idea that anyone still spoke using such a tired cliche from the 1960s.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 9:17 pm

MonsterCrack wrote:
I mean, the guy's a total moron, and a total bigot.....How can anyone like him? At least Bill O Reilly has consistency, honesty, intelligence, and at least a little bit of respect for his hosts.... And I disagree with him on a lot of things... (I'm libertarian). Do WE as Americans ACTUALLY take him seriously? If we do, that says a lot about us as a nation, and I am ashamed.

Unfortunately yes, they do.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 9:25 pm

Who is Sean Hannity, and why should I care?

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 9:32 pm

blauSamstag wrote:
Yes.

Hahahaha, as if he's all that bad. If that gives people pause then I wonder what they think of Sharia Law? What about countries like Sudan? Hannity's just a little peach of a sophist, and it's hardly alarming that people take him seriously.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 9:55 pm

It depends on where one lives; whether or not Americans take the 'Hannity Show' seriously; the show itself only gets several million views out of a population of adults at around 188 million or so in the U.S.; if my memory serves me correct on the estimation of that demographic statistic, in the U.S.

The Fox Network sadly enough is the standard of public TV on all the time in most restaurants and military facilities, in my extremely patriarchal red state, Christian fundie locality; one has to go to a Chinese restaurant to see CNN.

I don't watch TV anymore; and let it go in one ear and out the other at the military gym. I spend around three hours three times a week at. And thank goodness in restaurants they just have closed caption on; so I don't even have to let it go in one ear and out the other.

There is a time I cannot not block environmental details like that out, per failing sensory integration; and that was a pain in the butt at the military gym, as the whole dam Fox Network is about divide and conquer against any possible unity for the United States; and it is obviously scripted by and for commercial interests.

Negativity like that just plain s***S; and is only good for miserable people to share their misery about life with. Yeah, misery loves company; and Fox is just the company for misery that fills the needs of miserable people to bond over complaining about anything and everything in life.

Anyway, I quit watching TV seven and a half years ago due to illness, and not being able to effectively use my eyes and ears; regained the ability to watch and hear TV at the end of July 2013; but never go back to TV Land, and truly haven't missed it at all; my life is much better outputting 'stuff' than inputting garbage on TV.

Imagination, Creativity and Moving grows a mind and body in balance;

where a steady diet of input makes a mind and body out of balance

a vegetable or suitable to eat or live as death for Zombies..;)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 9:59 pm

Lukecash12 wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
Yes.

Hahahaha, as if he's all that bad. If that gives people pause then I wonder what they think of Sharia Law? What about countries like Sudan? Hannity's just a little peach of a sophist, and it's hardly alarming that people take him seriously.

It's not alarming. It's just depressing.

I know many people who believe every word that comes out of hannity's mouth. And limbaugh's mouth. And beck's mouth. And basically anything they saw on Fox News.

People who believe, because they heard it on the radio or the tv or read it on some right wing website, that there are in fact muslim enclaves in the USA and in Europe where Sharia Law is practiced. "no-go" zones where secular law enforcement dare not enter.

They believe that in countries like Sudan, the government will come to a remote village and take all the unmarried women to be sex slaves for the army. Yeah really. They believe that this is where Boko Haram got the idea.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 9:59 pm

No one should take anyone on Fox or MSNBC seriously. They're just mouth pieces for their perspective parties.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 10:06 pm

RoadRatt wrote:
No one should take anyone on Fox or MSNBC seriously. They're just mouth pieces for their perspective parties.

I don't think that's entirely accurate.

Rush Limbaugh is, after all, the de-facto head of the republican party. The head of the RNC even apologized to him for suggesting that it might be otherwise.

I think that the current incarnation of the republican party was created largely through media manipulation.

I am vaguely aware that Rachel Maddow is on MSNBC, and that she's not strictly speaking what you'd call honest or fair, and that a lot less liberals pay attention to her than to Jon Stewart. Because Jon is funnier and has more integrity.

Is Keith Olbermann still on that network? The only time I've ever seen him on my tv was actually The Daily Show's Chatroulette sketch.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 10:38 pm

In my experience it's mostly liberals that take Hannity seriously and listen to his every word just as they do wth Beck and Limbaugh. Even as a hate-filled conservative, I rarely ever take the time to listen to any talk show even if it is conservaive leaning. If I wanted to know what Hannity, Beck, or Limbaugh are up to I'd just listen to the latest thing the libs are in a flap over.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 10:53 pm

Raptor wrote:
In my experience it's mostly liberals that take Hannity seriously and listen to his every word just as they do wth Beck and Limbaugh. Even as a hate-filled conservative, I rarely ever take the time to listen to any talk show even if it is conservaive leaning. If I wanted to know what Hannity, Beck, or Limbaugh are up to I'd just listen to the latest thing the libs are in a flap over.

I don't listen to the conservative pundits at all. I cringe at their tone just like i cringe at the tone of rachel maddow and some others.

But i assure you. I live in the reddest city in this very red state of Utah, and i talk to these people every day. They seem normal until they start talking about current events.

One of them keeps telling me that the democrats want all the poor hispanic people to come here illegally from mexico so that they can vote for democrats.

When i counter that there are no reports of widespread voter fraud of any kind, let alone reports of undocumented immigrants attempting to vote in any substantial number, they look at me like i have missed some kind of pure truth that everyone else knows.

Our quite sensible public safety officials successfully got a law passed that allows undocumented immigrants to apply for and acquire a driver's license. The reasoning behind this is simple: This allows us to know who they are, to have them demonstrate an ability to operate a moving vehicle and a knowledge of traffic laws. It allows us to lean on them to get insurance. There is no downside - worst case scenario we know more about the people driving cars on the road, and more of them are insured. And their driver's license clearly shows that they are not a citizen.

Some racist nitwit got his panties in a bunch and we all had to dig up our birth certificates and social security cards to renew our licenses.

Because people actually believe this nonsense.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 11:00 pm

Admittedly, Jon Stewart watches those guys ALL THE DAMN TIME.

It's why he's retiring. He can't take it anymore.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 11:11 pm

blauSamstag wrote:
I don't think that's entirely accurate.

Rush Limbaugh is, after all, the de-facto head of the republican party. The head of the RNC even apologized to him for suggesting that it might be otherwise.

I think that the current incarnation of the republican party was created largely through media manipulation.

I am vaguely aware that Rachel Maddow is on MSNBC, and that she's not strictly speaking what you'd call honest or fair, and that a lot less liberals pay attention to her than to Jon Stewart. Because Jon is funnier and has more integrity.

Is Keith Olbermann still on that network? The only time I've ever seen him on my tv was actually The Daily Show's Chatroulette sketch.

Yeah, it might not be entirely accurate. But that's still how I see it. :geek:

I haven't watched Fox or MSNBC in several years now. Constantly shifting interests lol.

Keith Olbermann is no longer with MSNBC, hasn't been since 2011. So says his wiki.

The only person I respect on either channel is Greta Van Susteren. She doesn't allow any bipartisan crap on her show. If she wasn't on Fox I'd probably still be watching her show.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 11:19 pm

I think Raptor's got it, since Inuyasha got banned, I don't think I've seen a single member here who would cop to watching FOX news, let alone quote any of their talking heads, and the only place I ever hear about these guys is from the forum liberals. Perhaps there's something to this Jon Stewart hypothesis, that his using them for material has given them an exaggerated clout in the minds of his audience, which perplexes us non-liberals who neither watch them nor know anyone who does.