Page 6 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 8:46 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^
I'm sorry you are having to tolerate this cowplop from those people. :(

Problem is, it's only one person making my life miserable. The other 2 guys, who I share the second floor with, don't give me any problems (considering that we're roughly the same age). The guy causing the problem is 27, diagnosed with ADHD, and the doctor just upped his medications. One of the other roommates discovered this guy's taking double the dose of his medications. If so, can you say train wreck?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 8:51 pm

Meistersinger wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
^^^

Problem is, it's only one person making my life miserable. The other 2 guys, who I share the second floor with, don't give me any problems (considering that we're roughly the same age). The guy causing the problem is 27, diagnosed with ADHD, and the doctor just upped his medications. One of the other roommates discovered this guy's taking double the dose of his medications. If so, can you say train wreck?

if it's any cold comfort for you, it is likely that when this young whippersnapper is our age, he will be beset with youthful bullies, as well. the wheel of karma continues to turn.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2015, 2:16 am

auntblabby wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
^^^

if it's any cold comfort for you, it is likely that when this young whippersnapper is our age, he will be beset with youthful bullies, as well. the wheel of karma continues to turn.

My husband is still working 40 hours a week and overtime when he can get it. I told you how he was about to have to start working 7 days soon to chase the block layers. He's pumped for it. That's a ton of money and we need it. Construction has down times too. He's with a big company and they usually don't run out of work but at times they all do. He's always happy to work OT when he can get it to make up for the times he won't have work. He said before he wished that the smaller companies would allow you to choose to either get paid OT or to bank your time and then collect it to make up a 40 hour check when there wasn't any work. The only problem with that though is that the OT would be going to the guys who choose to bank it. It's a good idea, but I don't know if it's legal cause of the OT laws and such, but it's something that should be an option for guys who work in fields that are feast or famine.

There is always side work and he does that when he can get it, but that is only around when somebody wants something done cheaper than a company will do it or it's a small job and they just want a friend for it, like hanging a ceiling fan or repairing something. Side work isn't something that can be counted on for anything.

I do understand that my husband working like that isn't what everybody can do. He's getting to where soon he's going to be too old to work hard physical work out in the Alabama heat. He's 51 now and still in good shape and will put those younger men to shame but the problem is we have no retirement. Of course his mother will be dead by then and we will have his inheritance, unless his sister ties everything up which she could easily do now since she has power of attorney. Still though, I wish he could get an inside job somewhere. My son is trying to get him to come work with him at the plant but he doesn't want to do that. They have very strict attendance rules and if you miss three days in a year you go. That means even with a doctors excuse or a death in the family. That is probably why they staff the place through the temp company. Most people can't do that. You get sick more than three days or you have a relative die and there goes your job. It's legal. Most places aren't like that though. But they do pay good and have great benefits.

I wish there was something around here for me though. I don't have a car and even if I did, there are no jobs in town. I make do with reading for people, but I'd love to do something, even volunteer work but there isn't any except through the churches and they won't have me.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com