Calls for Planned Parenthood video investigation

Page 10 of 13 [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 4:06 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Planned Parenthood shouldn't be able to hide behind mammograms and prenatal care to excuse the great evil they have done. They're not the only ones that can provide those services especially to the tune of a half billion every year from federal government so I don't feel the need to praise or respect them for it, Mussolini made the trains run on time as you know. Mothers should be helped, doctors should heal, babies shouldn't be murdered.

They're the only place in my area that will help the poor out. I live in a poor area. We have nothing for mental health up here unless you have money. Money will get you a lot, but for these poor people, they get the bottom of the barrel scraps the people with money toss at them. Do not bash something that has helped countless number of people. I think our local emergency room has killed more people than the number of abortions our PP has performed (seriously, we have bumper stickers that say "Local Hospital killed my ____"). So unless you can provide us equivalent care sans abortion, by all means, please do!

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

31 Jul 2015, 4:08 pm

Fugu wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Planned Parenthood shouldn't be able to hide behind mammograms and prenatal care to excuse the great evil they have done. They're not the only ones that can provide those services especially to the tune of a half billion every year from federal government so I don't feel the need to praise or respect them for it, Mussolini made the trains run on time as you know. Mothers should be helped, doctors should heal, babies shouldn't be murdered.
"they're hiding a great evil something something mussolini something something trains"
you're not making any sort of a compelling argument.

And what is your so compelling argument? That dead babies are a good thing? That murder of another human being is okay as long as they're dependent and you can pretend they're not really human anyway? That the world will be better off? I don't see why we're even talking since you support what Planned Parenthood does, it's like arguing with a Nazi over how they treat Jews. They have to excuse or pretend that all the bad isn't true because otherwise they would have to admit their side is wrong so you can't say what Planned Parenthood did is wrong because that would mean you are giving value to something you say isn't even alive or human and at that point it would clearly murder. Just a clump of cells huh?

There are better ways of doing things, there are many alternatives we could take, barbarism shouldn't be tolerated because it is convenient.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 4:12 pm

Jacoby wrote:

You just want to see them defunded like the other fundies and Republicans do but it would be a terrible disservice to a good organization. Abortion is a tiny part of what they do. Mitch McConnell is one of the meanest looking dudes I have ever seen and only a real meanie could pick on Planned Parenthood.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 4:14 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

You just want to see them defunded like the other fundies and Republicans do but it would be a terrible disservice to a good organization. Abortion is a tiny part of what they do. Mitch McConnell is one of the meanest looking dudes I have ever seen and only a real meanie could pick on Planned Parenthood.

I'll give them an ultimatum, stop preforming abortions or cease receiving federal funding. It would be their choice to close up shop over something they claim is such a minor part of their business. Let other groups bid for that funding, what is wrong with that?

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 4:15 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Fugu wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
"they're hiding a great evil something something mussolini something something trains"

And what is your so compelling argument? That dead babies are a good thing? That murder of another human being is okay as long as they're dependent and you can pretend they're not really human anyway? That the world will be better off? I don't see why we're even talking since you support what Planned Parenthood does, it's like arguing with a Nazi over how they treat Jews. They have to excuse or pretend that all the bad isn't true because otherwise they would have to admit their side is wrong so you can't say what Planned Parenthood did is wrong because that would mean you are giving value to something you say isn't even alive or human and at that point it would clearly murder. Just a clump of cells huh?
your average fetus is not able to sense anything until ~week 26(which is the limit for non-emergency abortions incidently), so elevating the status of the fetus above that of the mother is inhumane and just punishes women.

p.s. the references to fascism are getting boring and just show you can't put together a cogent argument, please stop doing that.

Jacoby wrote:
I'll give them an ultimatum, stop preforming abortions or cease receiving federal funding. It would be their choice to close up shop over something they claim is such a minor part of their business. Let other groups bid for that funding, what is wrong with that?
what funding would that be? the funding that the religious right shortsightedly voted against and isn't there any more?

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 4:25 pm

Jacoby wrote:
There are better ways of doing things, there are many alternatives we could take, barbarism shouldn't be tolerated because it is convenient.

The only people who believe that abortion is "convenient" tend to people who never were in a situation where having one was necessary. Nobody is really celebrating when a woman or a young girl has one. It is unpleasant business for everybody involved.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 4:25 pm

Jacoby wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Abortion is still legal so there's no reason they should have to give up funding. They haven't done anything! It's just another stab by McConnell. He wants to defund everything affecting the poor. Then he wants to spend a ton of money on defense and buoy up the defense contractors with all that government money. Well, tell me, why is it these defense contractors cannot go and invest in poor neighborhoods with all their government money? Then people could afford to keep their kids.

This is where the problem is. Lack of investment. Until that changes and someone decides to put their foot in their mouth and actually do something about it, things will stay as they are now.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 4:30 pm

Fugu wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Fugu wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

your average fetus is not able to sense anything until ~week 26(which is the limit for non-emergency abortions incidently), so elevating the status of the fetus above that of the mother is inhumane and just punishes women.

p.s. the references to fascism are getting boring and just show you can't put together a cogent argument, please stop doing that.

Jacoby wrote:
what funding would that be? the funding that the religious right shortsightedly voted against and isn't there any more?

Planned Parenthood receives over a half billion in federal funding every year so lets start there.

As for the rest, no. I will continue calling a spade a spade as long as I see it. What is inhumane is murdering any human life. Individually we are not more or less human the another, you either are and your not. There is no grey area. You can't deprive somebody of their humanity, you do not have the authority to do that and if you could then somebody could do the same to you. Dehumanization is how all genocides are justified. What is the difference between murdering a child after they're born than before? What is the difference of murdering any dependent person? You know a lot of people on this forum probably could fit that criteria? It is not slavery or inhumane to support the protection of all life. If being forced to raise a child is slavery then what is alimony or child support? What are taxes?

If you consented to sex you consented to getting pregnant and you should be responsible for the life you create, this goes the same for men AND women.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 4:36 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Abortion is still legal so there's no reason they should have to give up funding. They haven't done anything! It's just another stab by McConnell. He wants to defund everything affecting the poor. Then he wants to spend a ton of money on defense and buoy up the defense contractors with all that government money. Well, tell me, why is it these defense contractors cannot go and invest in poor neighborhoods with all their government money? Then people could afford to keep their kids.

This is where the problem is. Lack of investment. Until that changes and someone decides to put their foot in their mouth and actually do something about it, things will stay as they are now.

It can be legal, they can fund themselves if they want. There is nothing owed to them, it is 100% in the congress's authority of the purse string to dictate whatever terms they want on the money they dole out. I feel the same way about sanctuary cities too, if you want federal funding then you play by their rules. That is how it works, maybe you guys should starting support state's rights and decentralization of power if you feel differently because the federal government is a very powerful tool so it should be time it is used for good. They can even phase it out over the course of time if it such an undue burden.

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 4:42 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Planned Parenthood receives over a half billion in federal funding every year so lets start there.

As for the rest, no. I will continue calling a spade a spade as long as I see it. What is inhumane is murdering any human life. Individually we are not more or less human the another, you either are and your not. There is no grey area. You can't deprive somebody of their humanity, you do not have the authority to do that and if you could then somebody could do the same to you. Dehumanization is how all genocides are justified. What is the difference between murdering a child after they're born than before? What is the difference of murdering any dependent person? You know a lot of people on this forum probably could fit that criteria? It is not slavery or inhumane to support the protection of all life. If being forced to raise a child is slavery then what is alimony or child support? What are taxes?

If you consented to sex you consented to getting pregnant and you should be responsible for the life you create, this goes the same for men AND women.
ok, have fun advocating the punishment of women. I'm done since you're just frothing at the mouth instead of arguing. :roll:

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 4:48 pm

Fugu wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Fugu wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Fugu wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Jacoby wrote:

ok, have fun advocating the punishment of women. I'm done since you're just frothing at the mouth instead of arguing. :roll:

The argument doesn't go beyond that you support abortion and I don't, there is nothing else to discuss. Understandably you refuse to engage because you can't. Goodbye.

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 4:51 pm

Jacoby wrote:
The argument doesn't go beyond that you support abortion and I don't, there is nothing else to discuss. Understandably you refuse to engage because you can't. Goodbye.
incorrect, the argument won't go beyond that because you ignore anything that doesn't fit your worldview.

Confirmation bias is the tendency for people to (consciously or unconsciously) seek out information that conforms to their pre-existing view points, and subsequently ignore information that goes against them

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 4:55 pm

Jacoby wrote:

Except that it really does. There are soooooooooo many different scenarios to think about that go beyond our own beliefs.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 5:06 pm

Fugu wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
incorrect, the argument won't go beyond that because you ignore anything that doesn't fit your worldview.

Confirmation bias is the tendency for people to (consciously or unconsciously) seek out information that conforms to their pre-existing view points, and subsequently ignore information that goes against them

What information am I ignoring? Provide it.

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 5:15 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Fugu wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

here's one example(I'd provide more but that would be too time consuming and I have to leave for home in a short while)
Jacoby wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
How do those numbers align with poverty rates by race?

Also, how is PP enticing mainly minorities into aborting? Through marketing or something?

So is it right to kill the poor? That aligns just fine with eugenics, they want to eliminate the undesirable parts of the population and they've been very effective at it at the tune of 55 million lives lost since 1973. They're taking advantage of desperate women looking for a way out of the responsibility for the mistake they made of their own fruition. I wouldn't call it a mistake tho and don't think most women regret not murdering their child in retrospect, these are children capable and receiving love just as you or I. I support every regulation they throw at abortion, I think waiting periods should be extended and ultrasounds mandated. You should feel guilty if you murder your child but it is these doctors who are the real criminals.
here you responded to blusamstag's questions by rambling about the poor and not answering them.

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 5:20 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Fugu wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

For one, you seem to be ignoring my comments...