Good places to meet young women without a social circle?

Page 2 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 2:05 pm

Libraries?

CupidAardvark
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Aug 2015, 9:12 pm

rdos wrote:
MissMee wrote:
Good places to meet single girls include ballroom dancing classes (Latin or Standard, there are never enough guys for partnering), adult beginner's ballet or gymnastics and any kind of arts/crafts class (pottery, knitting, embroidery, etc). All of these are venues where you will see the same people week after week.

Exactly, and because you meet the same time week after week you don't need to go up to them and ask for a date. It works just as well to learn to know each others as part of the activities.

MissMee wrote:
However, not having friends (and thus no social circle) suggests your social skills might be the problem. If so, addressing that issue first (making friends, usually easier than finding a romantic relationship) is probably the way to go.

Disagree. Friends and relationships have nothing in common, so you learn nothing from friendships that you can use for relationships. It's just a total waste. Social skills also have no importance if you are neurodiverse looking for other neurodiverse people, as the skills needed for neurodiverse relationships are completely different from NT social skills.

Disagree completely on both!

1. If you take up a NEW activity, you meet NEW people. People you don't yet know are potential new friends and/or dates -- or people who might introduce you to new dates/friends.

Don't fake-like an activity, as all it'll do is introduce you to people with whom you have little in common. Surely there's something NEW you've wanted to do/learn that could be a venue for meeting friends/dates.

2. I've either been friends with or run in similar social circles to most of the men I've dated. I've agreed to go on dates with men because they were friends with or run in similar social circles with because of that -- they came with, in effect, references.

Basic social skills are transferable. My how to make friends skills transferred right on over to how to have a romantic relationship skills. What I'm willing to/not willing to put up with, returning calls/invitations, how not to freak out if I don't hear from them for a few days and that not hearing from someone is a loud/clear message, for starters.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 2:16 am

CupidAardvark wrote:
1. If you take up a NEW activity, you meet NEW people. People you don't yet know are potential new friends and/or dates -- or people who might introduce you to new dates/friends.

No, they are potentially new flirting material or potential friends. I decide which on first encounter.

CupidAardvark wrote:
Don't fake-like an activity, as all it'll do is introduce you to people with whom you have little in common. Surely there's something NEW you've wanted to do/learn that could be a venue for meeting friends/dates.

I'd never use friends to introduce me to dates. Never happened, and it seems like an awful idea. That would mean I'd jump right into something that would resemble dating, probably with awful results. I'd simply never start a relationship with talking. That's the friend-zone path.

CupidAardvark wrote:
2. I've either been friends with or run in similar social circles to most of the men I've dated. I've agreed to go on dates with men because they were friends with or run in similar social circles with because of that -- they came with, in effect, references.

I never dated, and all my relationships started with flirting and observation. Except one, which I consider as a big failure because I never really connected.

CupidAardvark wrote:
Basic social skills are transferable. My how to make friends skills transferred right on over to how to have a romantic relationship skills. What I'm willing to/not willing to put up with, returning calls/invitations, how not to freak out if I don't hear from them for a few days and that not hearing from someone is a loud/clear message, for starters.

Only if you date like an NT and want to meet NTs. I have no reason to do either. I prefer the company of neurodiverse people, especially in circles where it's ok to be odd and natural.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 3:54 am

Aspie1 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
yeah theres a reason guys dont' take dancing classes. its not a common guy interest. so is creating a relationship through lies good. as soon as you start dating you're going to stop going to the dance class as its not something you like doing or are interested in. seems like a terrible idea to me unless you're just after sex.

Not necessarily. The stereotype about good dancers being good in bed isn't completely false. Many women believe that about men. I used to resent that stereotype. But after taking dance classes on and off since 2003, I went from resenting it to flat-out not wanting to date women who can't or don't like to dance. The ones who can't dance but want to learn are fine, though.

Also, partner dancing teaches you the concept of physical boundaries in a fun way, as well as the simple fact that not all touch has to be sexual, also in a fun way. I also use partner dancing to test how a woman responds to me. If she recoils at the simple act of me taking her by the hand, then she either has boundary issues or finds me disgusting. Neither is a good thing.

never even heard of it.

dancing is fine if you actually enjoy it. I don't. so lying to get a girl is bad. then faking an interst is ling. then faking liking dancing to get a girl is bad.

just like I'd be upset to find out a girl I met airsofting really hates airsoft and guns. so she lied about that what else did she lie about is anything about her real. etc. people should be truthful. there's showing interest in your gfs hobbies and faking liking them. you can show interest but still not like it. ie listen to how it when watch her do her hobbies. even try them out once and a while. nothing I do is anything I don't expect from woman. women don't go around lying about hobbies to get guys why would they want a guy who does that. just sounds like those pua guys who fake interests to get into women's pants. I want a relationship built on honestly and real common interests.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 4:00 am

darkphantomx1 wrote:
I know you won't like some of these answers but here they are.

1. Tinder. The advantage of this is that there are a ton of girls using it. The downside is that if you're not very attractive, you probably won't have much success and the girl you like probably has 10 other guys competing for her. Alternatively if you're too shy to talk to girls, you can get Bumble where it's just like Tinder but only the women have to initiate the message first. You should at least give one of these a try. They both require an Iphone with IOS with Bumble requiring IOS 8.

2. Online dating, long distance relationships. Wrong Planet isn't the place since there's hardly any girls here. I don't really know your age but if you're 24 and under, you can try more popular forums such as Social Anxiety Forums where there are a ton of girls there you can try to talk to. Aspergers and Social Anxiety have similarities so they're more likely to understand your quirks. The downside to online dating is that you're likely not going to see her in real life for a long time.

3. At work. But this really all depends on where you work.

4. School. Go off to college and go meet some beautiful young women.

5. Church? Assuming you're religious, you could meet some girls here. These girls arne't looking for 1-night stands usually.

There's plenty of places to meet women and you never know, some girl could come along that you really like and is compatible. And when she does come around, you have to be ready to make a move before some other guy does it. (And trust me, there will be other guys if she's attractive enough)

forgot to add that any girl who does likely is likely to be a spam bot or really far away. only ones to like me were far away and only one to message was a bot.

also why is it you connect online dating with long distance. its called set a 50 mile limit on your matches and search, heck I only look within 10 miles now.

I stay away from churches because they aren't looking for sexual ok relationships too. if you're fine with waiting years for sex or possible never ever having sex even after marriage then go that route. most sexual Christians don't' tend to be chruch goers. we just believe in god. churches aren't really acceping of sex before marriage people.

as for work I say be careful. if it falls out they may see to it you get fired. now you're single and jobless.

so I'd say only 1, 2, and 4 are options.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 4:03 am

SilverStar wrote:
You can meet someone special, anywhere, at any time, but if you are actually looking for the best places to meet them, here are a couple ideas:

1. You could meet someone at your work, or through someone there. This might not always be the best idea, depending on the situation, but it is an option. My two cents on this: I wouldn't date someone I worked closely with, on a regular basis.

2. You could meet them where they work, or where they frequent (retail shop, restaurant, bank, laundromat, etc.).

3. Take your dog (if you have one) for a walk down the street.

4. Got any cute neighbors? :wink:

5. Make sure you are out doing things you honestly love doing. This is the best way to meet compatible people.

1. agree its too risky
2. women here say thats creepy.
3. what if you don't have one?
4. going assume they in a relationship most women are. especially in neighborhoods. plus for me I've learned not to interact with neighbors for the same reasons not to interact with coworkers.
5. this is hard when some people stuff is all introverted or male only activities.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 4:08 am

sly279 wrote:
dancing is fine if you actually enjoy it. I don't. so lying to get a girl is bad. then faking an interst is ling. then faking liking dancing to get a girl is bad.

Of course you need to learn dancing, and not just brag about already knowing it. Most people can learn to dance, and most dance activities have more girls than guys, which is the situation you want.

Also, I'm not sure why you say you don't enjoy it. Is it because you can't dance (and haven't tried to learn it), or is it because you know how to dance but simply don't enjoy it? Only if it is the latter is the argument convincing.

I'm sure learning to dance has a lot more potential than writing online presentations or spamming girls on OkC.

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 4:30 pm

sly279 wrote:
1. agree its too risky
4. going assume they in a relationship most women are. especially in neighborhoods. plus for me I've learned not to interact with neighbors for the same reasons not to interact with coworkers.
5. this is hard when some people stuff is all introverted or male only activities.

2. It doesn't have to be creepy to meet someone where they work. Just don't start showing up out of the blue, hanging around too long, or doing other creepy things, and it will be fine.

3. It was just a suggestion for people that have one. You could always buy or borrow one. :D

4. Some women live by themselves. It's usually pretty easy to tell them apart. I agree, that neighbors are a lot like coworkers...don't date the ones that live real close by, or that you see every day. I'm talking down the block, or at the other end of the apartment complex here. :wink: Also, get to know some of the older people around you...they may have a daughter, or niece, or something.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 5:24 pm

And a shotgun in case you approach her.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 5:38 pm

^true

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 6:44 pm

SilverStar wrote:
sly279 wrote:
1. agree its too risky

2. It doesn't have to be creepy to meet someone where they work. Just don't start showing up out of the blue, hanging around too long, or doing other creepy things, and it will be fine.

3. It was just a suggestion for people that have one. You could always buy or borrow one. :D

4. Some women live by themselves. It's usually pretty easy to tell them apart. I agree, that neighbors are a lot like coworkers...don't date the ones that live real close by, or that you see every day. I'm talking down the block, or at the other end of the apartment complex here. :wink: Also, get to know some of the older people around you...they may have a daughter, or niece, or something.

its more of they saying approaching and asking a woman out or talking to her at her work is creepy, ie you see a girl who is pretty working at starbucks, in the movie the guy would walk up and ask for her number or give her his. but women on here said that asking women out in work/stores is creepy that women just want to be left alone to do what they doing.

how would you see or come in to contact with people down teh block o.O

ultimimly besides it apparenlty being creepy. its just too risky, you have no idea if she has a boyfriend, she'll be mad, he might hurt you , you don't know anything about them.

suppose an apartments where you share a laundry mat would be easier. I live in a house. people don't really mingle with each other in housing neighborhoods. they don't have block parties like in the movies/shows. they keep to themselves. besides giving nasty looks if you walk by their house and they are outside.

why would they introduce their daughter, or niece, or something to a worthless man. though i live in a richy middle class area in a rented subsidized house. the only neighbor I've talked to is upper middle class conservative tea party, hates welfare, ssi etc, oddly supports homeless camps o.O again perhaps a poor apartments would be a whole different situation. starting to wonder if perhaps oregon is just a s**thole for sh***y people.

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 8:56 pm

You guys do realize that there are nerdy girls that go to things like Magic the Gathering and Pokemon tournaments, right? I'm sure there are less women there than dancing classes, however women who are into "nerdy things" are usually much more open and more likely to be neuro-diverse. I'm currently talking to a girl, but if I wasn't I'd look into that. I've never played trading cards, but it appeals to me a hell of a lot more than dancing. Also, if you're worried about running into a mean boyfriend, you could always grow some muscle.

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 10:33 pm

sly279 wrote:
SilverStar wrote:
sly279 wrote:
1. agree its too risky

its more of they saying approaching and asking a woman out or talking to her at her work is creepy, ie you see a girl who is pretty working at starbucks, in the movie the guy would walk up and ask for her number or give her his. but women on here said that asking women out in work/stores is creepy that women just want to be left alone to do what they doing.

how would you see or come in to contact with people down teh block o.O

ultimimly besides it apparenlty being creepy. its just too risky, you have no idea if she has a boyfriend, she'll be mad, he might hurt you , you don't know anything about them.

suppose an apartments where you share a laundry mat would be easier. I live in a house. people don't really mingle with each other in housing neighborhoods. they don't have block parties like in the movies/shows. they keep to themselves. besides giving nasty looks if you walk by their house and they are outside.

why would they introduce their daughter, or niece, or something to a worthless man. though i live in a richy middle class area in a rented subsidized house. the only neighbor I've talked to is upper middle class conservative tea party, hates welfare, ssi etc, oddly supports homeless camps o.O again perhaps a poor apartments would be a whole different situation. starting to wonder if perhaps oregon is just a s**thole for sh***y people.

1. It's only creepy, if they aren't into you. :wink:
2. By walking your dog. :P
3. The only way to know for sure if someone is single, is to ask. Just don't ask in front of her boyfriend. :P
4. A laundromat is a good idea.
5. You might think your worthless, but someone else might not.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 1:15 am

CommanderKeen wrote:
You guys do realize that there are nerdy girls that go to things like Magic the Gathering and Pokemon tournaments, right? I'm sure there are less women there than dancing classes, however women who are into "nerdy things" are usually much more open and more likely to be neuro-diverse. I'm currently talking to a girl, but if I wasn't I'd look into that. I've never played trading cards, but it appeals to me a hell of a lot more than dancing. Also, if you're worried about running into a mean boyfriend, you could always grow some muscle.

its mostly guys though, and the girls there get hounded on by all the guys. I hear conventions are rough on women for the same reason. though it is to be expected when you put women in a room with a bunch of single lonely guys who hardly see women. I'm not into magic of the gathering and Pokemon. I'm the wrong kid of nerd I guess. well wrong kind of everything it feels most times.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 1:22 am

SilverStar wrote:

3. The only way to know for sure if someone is single, is to ask. Just don't ask in front of her boyfriend. :P

1. and theres no way to know if they are, though most won't be. so if you have a 75% chance of being called creepy and being kicked out why risk it.
2. I don't like dogs. they have personal boundary issues and lick and slobbery. I'm a bit of a germophobe.
3. pretty sure it'll be creepy and social non accepted to go around asking women if they are single. this is why people instead ask them out and see how they respond. if not single they'll say something like , as just friends right. had that happen the one and only time I ever tried to ask a girl out in person. it took me 5 years to work up the courage to do that. my confidence with women has been super crushed since then from women defining me as worthless.
4. yes but at last I don't live in apartments with any.
5. I don't well I kinda don't I don't know anymore. the majority of women and some guys say I'm worthless. given that its seems illogical to view them as wrong and me right. I use to think I would make a good bf. but I was using a wrong evaluating system i guess :cry:

CupidAardvark
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Aug 2015, 7:58 pm

sly279 wrote:
SilverStar wrote:

1. and theres no way to know if they are, though most won't be. so if you have a 75% chance of being called creepy and being kicked out why risk it.
2. I don't like dogs. they have personal boundary issues and lick and slobbery. I'm a bit of a germophobe.
3. pretty sure it'll be creepy and social non accepted to go around asking women if they are single. this is why people instead ask them out and see how they respond. if not single they'll say something like , as just friends right. had that happen the one and only time I ever tried to ask a girl out in person. it took me 5 years to work up the courage to do that. my confidence with women has been super crushed since then from women defining me as worthless.
4. yes but at last I don't live in apartments with any.
5. I don't well I kinda don't I don't know anymore. the majority of women and some guys say I'm worthless. given that its seems illogical to view them as wrong and me right. I use to think I would make a good bf. but I was using a wrong evaluating system i guess :cry:

1 and 3. I'd vote for not hitting on women you work directly with... but if you work for a huge company and the girl works in a totally different part of it, it might be no biggie. That + low-key approach ("a bunch of us are going to XXX after work on Tuesday, would you like to join us?") would avoid the being creepy (or perceived as creepy) pitfall regardless of if she's single or not.

2. Dogs are out.

4. Apartments are out. (I'd avoid that avenue anyways. Can't think of much more horrible than having a horrible breakup and running into the ex all.the.damn.time.forever).

5. If you think you're worthless (note: THINKING you're worthless is NOT the same thing as actually being worthless), it's safe to assume women will too. It's telegraphed non-verbally.

If you're unwilling or disinclined to undertake a new activity that will provide you with repeated access to a group that includes women who share an interest of yours (class of some sort, regular volunteer commitment, etc), well, I've no idea where or how you might go about meeting women. Or men.