Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2015, 5:30 pm

I was wondering if any other aspies collect Lego, surely I can't be the only one. Anyone?

Thorman
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Aug 2015, 3:41 pm

I collect some. I sold and bought a lot a few years ago. I created custom LEGO figures also and sold.

I would say I collect LEGO. I can never have enough. I simply love LEGO.

UnturnedStone
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Aug 2015, 11:14 pm

I have more Lego than my kids...

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2015, 8:08 am

I wouldn't say I "collect" LEGO, but I was a pretty big fan of them when I was a kid.

I still have them all somewhere...I always wanted that big, expensive train set though, as featured in the film The Witches @_@ Never got one =P

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2015, 4:39 am

I still have my childhood sets sorted back together and organized in some boxes somewhere back at my dads house. I believe my Star Wars Turbo Tank with the Mace Windu with the light up lightsaber is still in my closet assembled. Maybe someday I'll start actually collecting, I've got a soft spot for the first few generations of Bionicles. If I'm lucky though I might have a kid someday who likes legos and I can get them cool stuff instead of just collecting for myself.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2015, 4:40 am

I still have my childhood sets sorted back together and organized in some boxes somewhere back at my dads house. I believe my Star Wars Turbo Tank with the Mace Windu with the light up lightsaber is still in my closet assembled. Maybe someday I'll start actually collecting, I've got a soft spot for the first few generations of Bionicles. If I'm lucky though I might have a kid someday who likes legos and I can get them cool stuff instead of just collecting for myself.

RadicalDreamers
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2016, 7:14 pm

I grew up with Legos. Christmas time was always great.

UnturnedStone wrote:

That's awesome.

I primarily stuck with Castle, Pirate, and Space Lego sets. Those were my three.
These days it appears that Legos have far greater detail and not just on the people, but the weapons and items as well. Kids these days have some really interesting Legos compared to the older sets. There's also a greater variety available to further stimulate the imagination.

Legos will always be amazing.

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2016, 7:58 pm

I have several of the big Star Wars sets including the Death Star, the Sandcrawler, and my personal trophy: The SSD Executor (Which was an absolute b***h to build).

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 1:21 pm

I love Lego! I have all of the Harry Potter sets, some Lord of The Rings and Hobbit sets, and a new Doctor Who set! I've also built Aeris' Church from Final Fantasy VII out of most of my sets.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 7:53 pm

i do. i don't just collect. I build them.
but i haven't done it lately... i've got no where to build and display my sets. it's been frustrating!

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 10:29 pm

I loved playing with Lego when I was a kid. Then, I decided to save my Lego collection (along with my marble collection, hot wheel collection, baseball card collection, etc.) for my kids. Unfortunately, my daughters didn't seem to enjoy the Lego as much as I did. We built a couple of things together. But that's about it.

As a note, the Lego I had seems much different than it does these days. I don't recall having all these cool Lego kits. I just had a box full of Lego and had to use my imagination to build things.

RadicalDreamers
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2016, 4:26 pm

^ Marbles are great. I've always appreciated the colors and formations/designs within marbles (both stationary and in motion). Especially the giant ones. Often as a child, I'd spin a giant marble as fast as possible and gaze deeply into it for as long as it remained in motion.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2016, 6:50 pm

RadicalDreamers wrote:
I grew up with Legos. Christmas time was always great.

UnturnedStone wrote:

That's awesome.

I primarily stuck with Castle, Pirate, and Space Lego sets. Those were my three.
These days it appears that Legos have far greater detail and not just on the people, but the weapons and items as well. Kids these days have some really interesting Legos compared to the older sets. There's also a greater variety available to further stimulate the imagination.

Legos will always be amazing.

Yeah there are so many more pieces now to build with than when I was a kid. I had always wanted to build a giant spaceship with the pieces I wanted to use, not just the pieces I had from sets I had collected. Now that I have the money and eBay, I can build whatever I want. I can build whatever my imagination conjures up. :D

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2016, 10:29 pm

RadicalDreamers wrote:
^ Marbles are great. I've always appreciated the colors and formations/designs within marbles (both stationary and in motion). Especially the giant ones. Often as a child, I'd spin a giant marble as fast as possible and gaze deeply into it for as long as it remained in motion.

In 7th grade, I remember playing marbles during lunch. It was a form of gambling, where each player would either win or lose marbles from the other kids.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 10:58 am

I love pretty marbles!

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2016, 3:29 pm

I have a lot of LEGO in storage XD