23 Jan 2016, 3:29 pm

I have a lot of LEGO in storage XD

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2016, 4:09 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
I love pretty marbles!

I always made certain I didn't play with the pretty marbles. As I didn't want to lose my favorite marbles to my opponent.

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2016, 11:43 am

i finally did my Camper build. check it out on my instagram @motowncountry

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

RadicalDreamers
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2016, 12:13 pm

Noca wrote:
RadicalDreamers wrote:
I grew up with Legos. Christmas time was always great.

UnturnedStone wrote:
I have more Lego than my kids...

That's awesome.

I primarily stuck with Castle, Pirate, and Space Lego sets. Those were my three.
These days it appears that Legos have far greater detail and not just on the people, but the weapons and items as well. Kids these days have some really interesting Legos compared to the older sets. There's also a greater variety available to further stimulate the imagination.

Legos will always be amazing.

Yeah there are so many more pieces now to build with than when I was a kid. I had always wanted to build a giant spaceship with the pieces I wanted to use, not just the pieces I had from sets I had collected. Now that I have the money and eBay, I can build whatever I want. I can build whatever my imagination conjures up. :D

Yeah. Freebuilds were always awesome. Built a variety of things in the past and it was a most rewarding experience.

Khamul
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jan 2016, 8:55 am

I played with lego alll the time when I was a child. I have recently started again. Not so much collecting, as just buy and build the sets that interest me. Mostly technics and, lately, Star Wars. I want to build the big Ultimate Collectors Millenium Falcon. It can't be bought anymore, but it's quite possible to collect the pieces using bricklink.com (it's like ebay, but for lego).

RadicalDreamers
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 12:12 pm

It's great that bricklink.com is available for all builders who require rare pieces no longer in circulation. To complete either older projects which have long been abandoned or freebuild projects... it's an excellent parts source for sure.

Aspie202
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2016, 1:22 pm

Yes! I have about 200,000+ Lego pieces.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2016, 12:22 am

^ can never have enough Lego!

Jaseinspace
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Feb 2016, 12:31 am

I'm a big fan of star wars and collect the lego :) My collection is getting pretty big now. The last set I put together was a First Order TIE Fighter, and I'm going to put together an X-wing soon. I want to get Slave 1 soon too.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2016, 12:42 am

I had tons when I was young but I sold them and got ripped off for $30 by some fat neckbeards making "brick films" :(

Anyways I remember I had made a castle out of beige lego bricks, it was about 50cm wide I think. It had a portcullis pulled by a chain and it was filled with traps and skeletons. The architecture wasn't very solid though :lol:

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2016, 1:26 am

A few months ago I actually bought a lego figurine on ebay. It was BB from the Life on Mars theme. He was the hero to basically all my adventures, his original face got pretty destroyed though over the years, the old lego faces tend to have that problem. Cost me maybe 8 dollars, totally worth it though for the sentimental value.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2016, 5:00 pm

RadicalDreamers wrote:
It's great that bricklink.com is available for all builders who require rare pieces no longer in circulation. To complete either older projects which have long been abandoned or freebuild projects... it's an excellent parts source for sure.

I finally used bricklink for the first time. I ordered like $350 of Lego from it and it should come this week. I love how you can pick each and every piece you want, most that you can't find anywhere else. I find it a lot cheaper than eBay since you can order from a vendor who lives in your same province/state.

DailyPoutine1 wrote:
I had tons when I was young but I sold them and got ripped off for $30 by some fat neckbeards making "brick films" :(

Anyways I remember I had made a castle out of beige lego bricks, it was about 50cm wide I think. It had a portcullis pulled by a chain and it was filled with traps and skeletons. The architecture wasn't very solid though :lol:

Building castles is so fun! :D Sucks to hear you lost your collection. I had a huge collection before that I shared with my ex best friend, and he moved and took it all with him so I had to start from scratch again. I had always built everything multi coloured up until now. With Bricklink I can finally build what I want in the proper colour scheme.

Heres some of the stuff I had built with my friend like 10 years ago.

TheExodus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Feb 2016, 8:33 pm

I have some of my old Bionicles around, but besides that, I haven't really touched LEGO in a while.

RadicalDreamers
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2016, 10:37 am

Khamul wrote:
I want to build the big Ultimate Collectors Millenium Falcon. It can't be bought anymore, but it's quite possible to collect the pieces using bricklink.com (it's like ebay, but for lego).

^
Noca wrote:
RadicalDreamers wrote:

Noca wrote:
I finally used bricklink for the first time. I ordered like $350 of Lego from it and it should come this week. I love how you can pick each and every piece you want, most that you can't find anywhere else. I find it a lot cheaper than eBay since you can order from a vendor who lives in your same province/state.

That's cool. That ship you built is awesome. I immediately noticed the front pieces are from M-Tron (space). Those were one of my favorite space sets. The combination of legos and magnets was an excellent idea. I built so many amazing things as a child with M-Tron. I miss M-Tron.

RadicalDreamers
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2016, 9:27 pm

Idealist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Feb 2016, 2:25 am

Noca wrote:
I was wondering if any other aspies collect Lego, surely I can't be the only one. Anyone?

I used to have four big crates full of the stuff, but I haven't touched the stuff in almost 15 years.

I bought Minecraft back in 2009, that scratched whatever was left of my Lego itch.

Idealist wrote:
My Autism was cured/treated in late childhood (this makes me a walking, talking, contradiction to 90% of the Forum who all believe Autism is incurable)