Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Idealist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Feb 2016, 2:25 am

Noca wrote:
I was wondering if any other aspies collect Lego, surely I can't be the only one. Anyone?

I used to have four big crates full of the stuff, but I haven't touched the stuff in almost 15 years.

I bought Minecraft back in 2009, that scratched whatever was left of my Lego itch.

Idealist wrote:
My Autism was cured/treated in late childhood (this makes me a walking, talking, contradiction to 90% of the Forum who all believe Autism is incurable)

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2016, 2:54 pm

I got back into Lego about 10 years ago, while suffering from severe anxiety disorder. It was something cheerful to do with my hands, and a low-pressure kind of creativity. Due to limitations of space and money, I have a modest collection by AFOL standards- 3 and a half shoeboxes. Sorted into little cardboard trays to reduce crunching sounds! I get mainly City and Creator sets, some Star Wars and Technic. I look at sets online and circle round them for ages before chosing, usually based on the range of useful pieces included. I'm mostly into creating my own models, but often rebuilding an offical set is what hits the spot. I don't post picture online anywhere, 'cos a) limited parts= not very impressive and b) LOW-pressure creativity is what I need Lego for!

(I can't quite face retrieving my childhood Lego. It is mixed in with my sisters', in my parents basement, in another country. It is not only yellowed with age, but also with industrial quantities of cigarette smoke.)

WillMcC
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2016, 1:48 pm

My brothers and I had several boxes of the stuff - mostly from the 1990s with a little bit from the 1980s. Most of it is in storage at my mother's place. Although I'm not likely to have kids any time soon (being single kind of gets in the way), I'm tempted to go out there some day and put it to good use (at least once I get my apartment organized). As far as I know, there aren't any AFOL communities in town, but I'm sure there would be enough interest to start one.

softlyspeaks41
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jul 2017, 12:40 am

My childhood love of Legos has recently been, well, I guess resurrected. There was a this video on YouTube I saw about two years ago..an inspiring one at that.. about this Aspie guy in the UK, who had this massive collection of Lego models in his room. I thought hmm, I bet I'd enjoy getting into those again. (Not caring about my 47 years of age.) Since then I've received, from family, a Lego lighthouse...that even lights up; a fire truck; and three sets in their very cool architecture line- The Burj Khalifa, Eiffel Tower, and an adorable version of the London skyline. Safe to say I am hooked :)

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 3:25 pm

softlyspeaks41 wrote:
Since then I've received, from family, a Lego lighthouse...that even lights up; a fire truck; and three sets in their very cool architecture line- The Burj Khalifa, Eiffel Tower, and an adorable version of the London skyline. Safe to say I am hooked :)

I think I've seen that lighthouse set- it's magnificent!

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 4:34 pm

I used to play with Legos all the time when I was younger! :D Hence my username.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 20, 2017)

RaceDrv709
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 8:32 am

I collect Lego Technic sets. I have several crane sets, and the bucketwheel excavator. They take forever to build, but are worth it.