Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

ghoti
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 2:39 pm

Somebody has been drinking the Michael Savage koolaid i see.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 3:16 pm

from the article:

the mother called the police. She also canvassed the neighborhood trying to find out what neighbor was responsible.

It would have worked better if it had been, say, a sister and a friend both canvassing on her behalf. That would have been a show of strength.

(and I say this, even though there's been times of my life when I haven't had close friends, or really any friends at all)

The police in the suburbs are likely to take this more seriously, whereas in the city just likely to be viewed as more case load. Now, even with that said, the individual officer you deal with in the city might be excellent.

It's particularly important to get her immediate neighbors on her side if possible.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 3:20 pm

is unetitled even a word? And going around leaving rude stickers on your neighbors car seems much more like undisciplined, spoiled brat behavior than I imagine this moms son has displayed..considering autism 'symptoms' aren't just some choice like going around leaving rude stickers.
Why can't the police just fingerprint it...if it happened while the car was on private property that would be trespassing and maybe even harrassment/or some sort of harm to property at least.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 3:56 pm

It wouldn't be surprising if the person behind this was someone from this kid's school. I remember from my years in MS that me and a person also on the spectrum were often sent to the principal's office by a distrusting teacher who believed that my AS and his Autism weren't real.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 5:34 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
is unetitled even a word? And going around leaving rude stickers on your neighbors car seems much more like undisciplined, spoiled brat behavior than I imagine this moms son has displayed..considering autism 'symptoms' aren't just some choice like going around leaving rude stickers.
Why can't the police just fingerprint it...if it happened while the car was on private property that would be trespassing and maybe even harrassment/or some sort of harm to property at least.

I was also wondering about "unetitled." I'm not sure what it's supposed to mean. Entitled? Unedited? Nothing I think of makes much sense, but then this kind of thing usually isn't done by a master craftsman.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 9:20 pm

Just a coward going around leaving tags on the car because they don't have the balls say to them to the mother's face so they must remain anonymous.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 9:40 pm

Unetitled I think is meant to be unentitled, which I don't think is a word but I think means not entitled, which begs the question, entitled to what? And I guess undisciplined and spoiled brat answer the question. I suspect this is the work of neighbours and it sucks that this is what they think of the kid.

GrandWazoo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Jul 2015, 4:38 am

Hey, these are the exact same words my grandmother would use to describe me! And as for the "unentitled" (???), she used it in the context that i am not entitled to live life on this planet.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 4:46 am

GrandWazoo wrote:
Hey, these are the exact same words my grandmother would use to describe me! And as for the "unentitled" (???), she used it in the context that i am not entitled to live life on this planet.

Well the cowardly note leaver, didn't even spell it right...lol

GrandWazoo

20 Jul 2015, 4:48 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
GrandWazoo wrote:

Well the cowardly note leaver, didn't even spell it right...lol

Indeed :mrgreen:

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 5:18 pm

It shouldn't have had to take this many people to figure out what this genius was trying to say. Bully fail.

militarybrat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Aug 2015, 4:25 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:

I agree; this is harassment and should be treated as such. As for the "unetitled" bit I'm guessing it was meant as unentitled, because there is a group of people who believe that wanting the same dignity and respect for someone on the spectrum as someone off it is acting "entitled" (aka wanting special privileges which one does not deserve).

a_dork
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Aug 2015, 9:05 pm

It may be some kid trying to get attention from his prank. That would explain the nonsensical word.

― L. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2015, 1:20 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:

I'm guessing they meant to say entitled. It merely shows the ignorance and stupidity of the perpetrator.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2015, 2:27 pm

People like the ones who left the stickers are the reason why neurodiverse individuals continue to struggle in today's world. These ignorant, self-righteous individuals... they don't know what the f**k they are talking about. Unfortunately, since racism, sexism, and homophobia still exist, it is not at all surprising that people with these disgusting attitudes still exist as well.